Cant stand it anymore!!

hockeyluver

This waiting is killing me!!! You would think after 15 cruises I would have calmed down a bit........ but no!!! :eek:

I am especially excited for this cruise since out daughters and their boyfriends are joining us :D :D

Hubby said once we come home I am banned from discussing anything that has to do with cruising........ including things I read on here!! until at least summer is over :eek: :eek: and here I thought he loved me :p

I feel the same way and have no cruise planned at all. My entire family is tired of hearing about cruising. We are in the middle of building a house and until it is done, I cannot justify the expense of cruising.

The day it is finished though, I am booking a cruise!

I understand! We always book pretty close to the cruise and the wait is still horrible. I don't know how those that book 6 months to a year before a cruise can stand it. Lol

Edited by RTRMom

I understand! We always book pretty close to the cruise and the wait is still horrible. I don't know how those that book 6 months to a year before a cruise can stand it. Lol

We have booked the past 2 cruises pretty far in advance...9 months or so ahead of time. I don't give it a thought until about 3-4 months ahead of time. By that time, we know what excursions we want to do and have time to check on CC reviews etc. Of course this puts me in the thick of planning over Christmas holidays...eecck. Usually Jan 1 is about 5-6 weeks from sailing so then I really swing into gear. Now I am 10 days away from traveling to FL to begin this long awaited adventure. I just hope that the time on board crawls by! Once we return we all start brainstorming about the next cruise and usually book within a couple of months..and the whole thing starts all over again!

Happiness is having something ( like a cruise!) to look forward to!

I know what y'all are saying! It's been over 5 years since we cruised and that almost killed me ;) this cruise we are going on its me and dh then next cruise (prob late 2016 or 2017) we will be taking our 2 dd's and their families. It'll be so exciting!

I understand!! I'm getting excited and nervous too!! So much to do and so little time to get it done. I'm working 2 weeks of crappy long hours. Plus this weekend is looking busy. When will I pack??

Never have this problem..booked a couple months in advance and right after put my suitcase on my bedroom floor and started packing...lmao! I get way to excited!

I booked in September for July and it is finally hitting me that it is still too far away. It doesn't help that I get to see the ship often as I live four miles from the port and my son's school is on the river so I see it sailing without me every other Thursday while I wait to pick him up. Thank goodness for YouTube videos.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Forums mobile app

We last cruised for 7 days on Holland America the week of Thanksgiving, so not so long ago. DH and I are going on our 34th cruise tomorrow. Just booked it last week mostly because of the cheap price, but also because our next booked cruise isn't until November and that's so far off!! So, how many cruises one has taken doesn't really matter if you love cruising and look forward to the next one and the next one, etc.

We only have ten more days until we sail. We usually go in the spring but since I retired this past year I've been going stir crazy just hanging out at the house and had to plan something to look forward to. Now I'm worried about it being over, guess I need to start looking for something else.

I'm excited for mine. Even though it's all the way in November, I planned it that way to give me enough time to save up to pay for excursions, spending money, beverage packages etc. I do have a countdown clock that I look at everyday though.:)

Sent from my 831C using Forums mobile app

This waiting is killing me!!! You would think after 15 cruises I would have calmed down a bit........ but no!!! :eek:

I am especially excited for this cruise since out daughters and their boyfriends are joining us :D :D

Hubby said once we come home I am banned from discussing anything that has to do with cruising........ including things I read on here!! until at least summer is over :eek: :eek: and here I thought he loved me :p

LOL. I love this post. Really how dare he ban your from discussing all things cruise. Its obviously something that you are passionate about. My DH is the same way when I start talking about cruises his eyes just kind of fog over.

We recently moved to Florida, and my thoughts were, "Now I am so much closer to the ports I can cruise all the time!"

I actually just got him on a cruise on the Breeze in November. I guess I talked it up to much, because when I asked him what he thought he said "Its okay I guess. Now that I have done it, I really don't care if I do it again though."

I informed him that's fine, but don't expect me to stay home. So many ships, so little time!

Also very refreshing to read positive posts on this forum!

• 5 months later...

Lol I thought everyone was crazy with their talk of being cruising addicts. Well after one cruise, it's all I can think about (going again!)

Unfortunately it doesn't look like it's going to be in the cards for me.

I keep asking myself "what was so magical about it, that has left me so affected!! I am in my 50's and I figured there wasn't much left to get excited about and this has thrown me a curve ball so to speak because I don't feel like I can be happy again until I'm back on board another cruise!! [emoji3]

Get a Hold of Yourself!!!!

I am especially excited for this cruise since out daughters and their boyfriends are joining us

On the plus side you are not banned from talking about your cruise on here I think we all share your over excitement to cruises no matter how many you do there's still that pang of "yay I'm going on a cruise" vibe that I don't think will ever subdue no matter how many you go on

I feel the same way and have no cruise planned at all. My entire family is tired of hearing about cruising. We are in the middle of building a house and until it is done, I cannot justify the expense of cruising.

The day it is finished though, I am booking a cruise!

I've been too busy with work to cruise as often as I would like but I need a cruise to look forward to so I booked my next one 5 months in advance when normally I book only a month or two before the cruise. I think part of the fun of a cruise is the anticipation and planning! Maybe I'm just weird but I enjoy the pre cruise anticipation. And when I'm really getting sick of work I can think just a little longer now till I'll be on the cruise! The last time I booked a cruise so far away I ended up booking a short one sooner as a last minute trip because I couldn't wait any longer.

Edited by Jana60

I think my friends hate me because all I do is talk about cruising.

My friends challenge me with getting through an evening without using the 'cruise' word. I don't know anyone that understands my love of cruising and they all think I am crazy. It is nice to know I am not the only crazy one.