Does Anyone Know...???

Does anyone know about your 'on-line' life here at CC? Just wondering...I caught myself telling someone the other day something (having to do with a post here) - and they looked at me kind of crazy! :eek:

Then, I realized they actually REALLY thought I was crazy-I was saying 'you know --- said this and ---said this back...and then, --- just said lol". It was kind of hard to explain this other 'on-line' life I live! :o

I do the same thing to my husband...he just smiles & says "I assume you're talking about your friends at CC?" Gotta' love a man who understands!:)

My DH knows as well as all of my friends. For a while, none of them understood the kind or relationship that exists here. It was only after DH and I met and visited with some long-standing CC friends that he really "got it". Now we're booked on a cruise with some of them. Oh, DH registered on CC last week. :D

Beth

I find myself checking in everyday to see whats going on... Most of our shore excursions we have gotten through cruisecritics advice. All my friends just roll their eyes when I start talking about something funny on here (like that's all I do all day?) I should be at the health club right now!!

Jane

I'm glad I'm not the only one-it's mainly those that are asking about our cruise...are we getting excited/planning/packing/etc. Then, I start talking & before I realize it-CC conversations pop into my head & I'm sharing what I've read & learned about. I think people are thinking I'm in some weird 'chat room' or something! LOL! :D

Well, my kids know, and when I offer them some words of wisdom for our next cruise, gathered here on the boards, they just look at each other and roll their eyes. :)

Of course, they don't complain when I get the better cabin or the special amenity or best excursion as a result.................

Carol

My friend tells me all his stories so I tell him all about CC. He knows all of my friends on here and will say "oh, she is the one who lives in Phoenix, right?". He seems to understand my little side life here. Of course, I have dragged my entire family onto cc and they all post here as well.

My mom knows, and she thinks its hilarious. She a member but I think she has posted, like, twice, and it was a special circumstance. She just reads and gets a kick out of it when she reads my posts. I think she finds it cute or something.

My friends have no idea and I like it that way. I don't even know how I would go about explaining it to them, as most high schoolers don't find a message board about cruises that exciting. And I would be embarrassed if they knew how much time I spend here. The friend I'm going on my cruise with actually doesn't even know about CruiseCritic!

I was very involved in two successful Roll Calls for "Meet and Mingle Parties". My husband could not quite figure out what I was talking about when I mentioned the other CC's who posted. I would say what I had read on the boards that day and what someone had bought for the cruise and so on. When we finally all met on the ships, he soon found out what a great bunch of people you can talk to and meet on these boards. He is not a computer person, but he is now very familiar to what I do on the CC board.

It is a whole other world. When I find myself at work trying to accomplish something, I just have to go to CC for a few minutes to see what is going on. My family does not totally understand, but they do follow me around when we get onboard.

Iszu and I are sailing together on 9/12 and we have been "talking" for some time now. I am so looking forward to meeting her. See, this is what it is all about and it only enhances the enjoyment of the cruise experience....I can't imagine it any other way.

Happy cruising

Oh, I remember your mom's posts. ;) And I find you a laudably poised and articulate young woman. Your parents must be very proud of you.

Why thank you! :D That thread was a little hard for me but I tried to learn from the experience and be more careful with my words here, and to not put too much stock into the opinions of people who are just flaming you. :rolleyes: My mom stuck up for me because she couldn't just let me be fed to the wolves, but for the most part she prefers to read rather than post. That might change when Roll Call for our cruise comes around.

To Funny, was at the gym tonight watching my daughter in her class (competitive tumbling) and another mom explained her day as it started off rough as she got into a fight with someone on the boards, I just snickered. She was however on a completely different board (adoption) but I felt her pain. I usually I just bite my tounge and move on to another topic but sometimes it just gets to me for a while. Only one neighbor of mine has ever really cruised and I feel like no one understands my addiction.

My name is Dawna and I am not only addicted to cruising but living through others that are cruising without me!!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

My name is Dawna and I am not only addicted to cruising but living through others that are cruising without me!!!

BonVoyage

Dawna

Welcome Aboard! I too am addicted to cruising and these boards. Only one of my friends has been on a cruise, and she slightly understands my addiction to these boards. The rest of my friends and family think I spend way too much time obsessing about cruising.

even when i'm not getting ready to cruise, i lurk on the board. learn so much. when

we were getting ready for a cruise that included turkey, i was able to find private

guides in Kusadasi and Istanbul and book them without worry because someone on

the board recommended them. i've never understood someone who swans off on a

vacation of any kind without lots of research. it helps to eliminate problems, and also

to give you something wonderful to anticipate.

I think i just love planing things out and be prepared for my next adventure that's why I got hooked on this website. I had just found out this website not too long ago and I check it every day and night..I also share the things that I learn from here with my husband and I think now he expects me to know everything about the places we're going to. Same story when I was planning our wedding. He was so happy on how it turned out that now he makes me do all the planning =)

alleah913-same story for me...(OP Here)-I am a 'plan it' type of person. It's funny though-I came to the CC boards to plan our trip-but now, it's basically all planned (and I've taken a million notes about everything under the sun!) but I'm still drawn to the boards. I've become addicted! :)

When my husband comes home (like any minute right now!) & he finds me on here, he starts laughing! Not because he doesn't think the boards have great information-he just thinks it's CRAZY how much time I've starting spending on here. I told him that our vacation will be the most organized cruise we've ever taken and we'll in turn get the most for our $$$. Besides, I'm watching far less TV and to me, being a lot more productive!:)

Welcome Aboard! I too am addicted to cruising and these boards. Only one of my friends has been on a cruise, and she slightly understands my addiction to these boards. The rest of my friends and family think I spend way too much time obsessing about cruising.

Mine too Wrona!! I asked so many questions of my friends who had cruised many times before my first cruise, I think they were fed up with the whole subject. Thank Heaven I found you all!! We may not all agree on everything, but we sure all agree that we love to talk about cruising.

I talk about this place and my triathlon group quite a bit. I talk about people by their posting names which is a hoot. I know people have "real" names but honestly I don't know them and for the most part will call people on my group cruise by their posting names.

Archived