Dumb Sea Pass/Lanyard question

I generally carry my Sea Pass card in a small, nylon "travel" wallet and the missus usually puts hers in a plastic sleeve that's attached to a lanyard that she wears around her neck so every time we buy the ship a round of drinks (yeah, right), I need to take the card out of my wallet or DW needs to fanangle it out of the plastic sleeve - kind of a hassle.

I read that a lot of people have the card punched and then I'm guessing snap their lanyard directly to the card.

My question is, whenever you use your card, do you need to unsnap/snap/unsnap/snap the card from the lanyard each time you use it?

Just trying to figure out the easiest (laziest) way of handling this exhausting situation - I'm on vacation and can't be expected to do TOO much (ugh).

(See, told you it was a dumb question).

I (the female) simply carry it in my small purse, along with my lipstick, comb, tissues, etc.... Hubby just sticks his in his pocket...

Why do you need it in a travel wallet on the ship?

Edited by cb at sea

We use a lanyard for our Seapass cards. It is not necessary to take the card on/off the lanyard every time you use it. Depending on the wait time for a drink, sometimes I would take it off the lanyard while I was waiting at the pool bar but if I was the only one at the bar I would sometimes just hand the bartender the card and lanyard together...they never seemed to mind. Some things like getting into your room or when they scan your sea pass with the hand held scanners as you get on/off the ship at port I wouldn't even take it from around my neck...just held the card for them to scan it.

I generally carry my Sea Pass card in a small, nylon "travel" wallet and the missus usually puts hers in a plastic sleeve that's attached to a lanyard that she wears around her neck so every time we buy the ship a round of drinks (yeah, right), I need to take the card out of my wallet or DW needs to fanangle it out of the plastic sleeve - kind of a hassle.

I read that a lot of people have the card punched and then I'm guessing snap their lanyard directly to the card.

My question is, whenever you use your card, do you need to unsnap/snap/unsnap/snap the card from the lanyard each time you use it?

Just trying to figure out the easiest (laziest) way of handling this exhausting situation - I'm on vacation and can't be expected to do TOO much (ugh).

(See, told you it was a dumb question).

We use these..

http://www.amazon.com/Officeship-Carabiner-Holder-Splint-INDIVIDUAL/dp/B003BS47NY/ref=pd_sxp_grid_i_0_0/192-4749363-8799466

I have the card punched then hook it on to my purse/bag handle. The boys clip it on their belt loop.

No losing it, no forgetting it behind..

If you are going onto the Quantum you cannot get the card punched

Well that settles it, I'm never going on the Quantum. Lots of ships in the sea.

As for the card on the lanyard, no I never take mine off. I just give the staff the whole kit and kaboodle (lanyard plus card). Works out fine.

Edited by wassup4565

Yep. Our TA gave us those for our last cruise. Much easier to just snap off the bottom section and had over your seapass card to the waiter rather than having to pull the entire lanyard over your head and messing up your hair (because you cant have messy hair on a cruise can you? lol)

I know I'm asking a dumb question... Can our sea pass survive pool water without getting spoilt?

I had to wrap it in plastic sheet within my land yard whenever I used the pool in my previous cruise.

Thanks.....

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

I know I'm asking a dumb question... Can our sea pass survive pool water without getting spoilt?

I had to wrap it in plastic sheet within my land yard whenever I used the pool in my previous cruise.

Thanks.....

Sent from my iPod touch using Forums

Should not be a problem, they are plastic.

Mike, ditch the wallet, and keep the card in your pants pocket while on the ship