Jeans in the MDR

mildew1951

Yes. You can even wear them to hog chairs and save seats in the theater. Also, if you have young children, be sure to wear them when you bring them to the solarium [emoji375]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Great ideas, thanks

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Royal does not really enforce too much of its dress code or suggestion. You will see the jean, sneaker and t shirt crowd in the MDR. Even shorts on occasion.

I was on FOS last week and saw many,many guys in shorts all week long. Even saw one guy in shorts on formal night. And my dinner was still great!

I was on FOS last week and saw many,many guys in shorts all week long. Even saw one guy in shorts on formal night. And my dinner was still great!

Sweet. I wasn't planning on packing pants for a vacation where the temperature will be in the 90s. I will probably skip the formal night though

The days of packing and dressing like Thurston Howell III are long gone. Jeans are fine.

Has anybody else ever wondered why Thurston & Lovey brought along all that luggage for a "three hour tour"? :D

Long day, kind of slapstick right now, my apologies...

Edited by wannavacay
typo/grammar

Has anybody else ever wondered why Thurston & Lovey brought along all that luggage for a "three hour tour"? :D

Long day, kind of slapstick right now, my apologies...

And if they were Millionaires (and Ginger was a movie star) Didn't they have their own yachts? Since when do Millionaires and movie stars go on these little dinky tour boats? *LOL*

And if they were Millionaires (and Ginger was a movie star) Didn't they have their own yachts? Since when do Millionaires and movie stars go on these little dinky tour boats? *LOL*

And how come the professor could make all of those great inventions like a coconut that was a radio but he couldn't figure out how to build a raft

So, I still think it was fine to say that it's not unusual to see jeans on cruises in the Caribbean, but that may or may not translate to being the same on a South Pacific / Southeast Asia cruise.;) But, by all means, if you do have the personal experience of dining attire on South Pacific sailings, your input is equally helpful.

Although I didn't take much notice of what other people were wearing (other than on formal night) on our last cruise (which was on Princess), Australians do tend to dress casually most of the time so I would not be surprised if nice jeans were worn to the MDR.

To put it another way, I didn't notice anyone looking out of place during the whole cruise except for one couple who wandered through the Piazza about 7pm on Christmas Eve formal night (just before the carol singing) in ratty shorts and tshirts, and flip-flops. I assume they ate in the buffet restaurant that night. Of couse they were quite entitled to wear those clothes since they weren't dining in the MDR but they just looked out of place among everyone else who had made an effort to dress up that night.

Just a comment about wearing any heavy fabrics in Asia: even inside the dining room, you might be uncomfortable. I would think you definitely would be uncomfortable wearing them anywhere outside because of the humidity. Even when the ship is moving it can be really hot and humid outside.

Believe that was tongue in cheek. I, however wear mine when I take my small kids in the solarium and when I reserve 20 seats in the theatre

I love it wear jeans under my bathrobe when I wander about the ship

If you're comfy in jeans, you'll be comfortable in the MDR on non-formal nights in nice jeans. Personally, I find it just as easy to take a pair of slacks, but I wouldn't have a problem wearing a pair of my "dress" jeans to the MDR. You won't be the worst dressed if you're in a nice pair of jeans.

I think their metaphorical ships were sinking and they were losing their fame and fortune.

But, still trying to put in aires.

Tom

Wow! I will have to say that I am shocked!! I have cruised on HAL, NCL, Carnival, Princess, Costa, Disney, and Windstar. Never have I seen jeans in the MDR on those lines. In fact, my husband tried to wear some with a tucked in shirt one night cause we were running late for dinner and they told him he couldn't enter and needed to change. I'm glad to hear we might actually get away with it on RCI. I, myself, wouldn't make a habit of it but it's nice to have that option.

We are "old school" or maybe just "old" and dress up a bit more, but that is our choice.

So correct.

I rememebr the Head waiters would ask people to leave the MDR if the dress code was not followed.

How times change, and its awful that some people are awful when it comes to good manners and showing consideration to others.

I even see people wearing flip flows and robes which is a no no.

some people are Awful

Wow! I will have to say that I am shocked!! I have cruised on HAL, NCL, Carnival, Princess, Costa, Disney, and Windstar. Never have I seen jeans in the MDR on those lines. In fact, my husband tried to wear some with a tucked in shirt one night cause we were running late for dinner and they told him he couldn't enter and needed to change. I'm glad to hear we might actually get away with it on RCI. I, myself, wouldn't make a habit of it but it's nice to have that option.

When is the last time you were on NCL? They have been casual, including shorts for at least 4 years now. Sometimes one dining room is slightly dressier, but they are very relaxed.

I think either you don't remember or didn't notice.