Reflection's 100th Cruise: Feb. 21, 2015

C 2 C

Reflection drew the short straw and used local and ship tenders for transport to downtown.

Tenders no longer required tickets just after 11am.

You do not have to worry about late arrivals from Hamilton for the Celebrity Reflection cruise. The flight has departed and it looks good for all the other departures. After such a nasty winter I am sure that everyone going on the cruise are so looking forward to fun in the sun.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The Connections Party was held on the morning of the first sea day. We did not receive an invitation card but the event was posted by the Guest Relations Desk on the Board. If you do not receive a card in your room when you board, then just head down to Guest Relations.

The Connections Party was held on the morning of the first sea day. We did not receive an invitation card but the event was posted by the Guest Relations Desk on the Board. If you do not receive a card in your room when you board, then just head down to Guest Relations.

Thanks for the info. :)

Edited by Texed

We board in 3 short weeks! Love seeing the dailies! Thanks Arno!

Looks like they are trying to appeal to a younger later party crowd with that Society X. Sounds interesting even though I may not be considered "young" I certainly am not old either at 45. I would at least check it out. I see where one mentioned a "cover" but not all of them? Did you by any chance check any of that out?

They did offer those events on a previous cruise on Reflection. The one event that charged was Indulgence which was held at 10:30 pm in the Ensemble Lounge. The $20 fee covered specialty drinks, desserts, and entertainment. It was limited to 100 cruisers. It was sold out.

The other events were open to all.

They did offer those events on a previous cruise on Reflection. The one event that charged was Indulgence which was held at 10:30 pm in the Ensemble Lounge. The $20 fee covered specialty drinks, desserts, and entertainment. It was limited to 100 cruisers. It was sold out.

The other events were open to all.

Those were the ones that were in the Relevtion last week which we did not enjoy.

I hope they do not happen on the Eclipse when we board tomorrow.

Gordon

I had to logon to comment on the rants... the CD did a far better job with his humor than others in more recent times. We had a chuckle or two on this sailing which was well embraced from the lackluster. We noted this on our survey last evening.

As for the missing of San Juan, it's like missing Nassau. Who cares. Unless you live to complain, and we don't keep that sort or company, it's just noise.

And what we heard the Master of the Vessel to say, due to the holdback of the ship for the 400 who were delayed (and I know it was a wow da bing Charter) good for Celebrity on that front for holding. I love that. But the Captain specifically said he chose a southern route due to weather after sailing.

We had big winds for two days straight but no rain and it was a tropical storm in St Thomas the day before we got there from what the guides told us. So Captain B, Thanks for the diversion and the port skip to keep us in Sunshine and Happy. We like sunshine and don't hide beneath the pool deck when we sail like bunches of others who do too!

Some people just love to complain about anything....

Edited by MizDemeanor

We were lucky enough to enjoy the 99th and 100th sailings on Reflection. We knew the ports were the same, and didn't mind at all.

Arno, we agree that Alex as a CD leaves a bit to be desired. We did enjoy the cruise, however. Our last two February cruises were with Paul Baya as CD, and we liked his showmanship when we saw it, although I'll say that we usually skip the productions.

While we had hoped to get to San Juan on Feb 23, it wasn't a big deal to us that we didn't.

The tendering in St. Thomas was a hassle, but it went pretty fast when we went.

We board in 3 short weeks! Love seeing the dailies! Thanks Arno!

Looks like they are trying to appeal to a younger later party crowd with that Society X. Sounds interesting even though I may not be considered "young" I certainly am not old either at 45. I would at least check it out. I see where one mentioned a "cover" but not all of them? Did you by any chance check any of that out?

We found the trail of dailies change from what is posted to unrecognizable to our sailing so don't count on synching with anything.

Keep it open and flexible and take it as it comes to you. It'll be great. The team on this ship is exceptional and professional and you ought to be pleased.

Alex announced that we would have a special treat commemorating the 100th cruise and that more would follow. I don't know if anyone received anything after this: :confused:

IMG_3227_zpse4o0vy8h.jpg

Concluding remark:

What we experienced daily for eight weeks on Reflection:

IMG_3984_zpskintmhqt.jpg

On the other hand, today looks much the same as the last two months according to our children:

IMG_3239_zpsoskb7fqc.jpg

Edited by Arno.

Thanks you Arno. I have so enjoyed following your cruises over the last few months!

We will be on Reflection next January. Will you be on Reflection again, or is your condo on another ship next year :)

Alex announced that we would have a special treat commemorating the 100th cruise and that more would follow. I don't know if anyone received anything after this: :confused:

IMG_3227_zpse4o0vy8h.jpg

After this, which I thought was a nice idea on the Formal night pillows, were Big Sugar Cookies with the 100 written in them at the last day buffet at the Sweets Station in the cafe.

We also saw the same Symbolic as contained in the dailies on the screens in the area of the theatre entry on Deck 4 at one point.

Hints here and there, nothing overdone.

Concluding remark:

What we experienced daily for eight weeks on Reflection:

IMG_3984_zpskintmhqt.jpg

On the other hand, today looks much the same as the last two months according to our children:

IMG_3239_zpsoskb7fqc.jpg

OUCH !!!!! Words unnecessary.... Text book exercise in contrast...

Cheers

• 2 weeks later...
My husband is their number one groupie. They were on the Reflection TA last April and had just come onboard again when we cruised in January. My husband spent many hours enjoying them last year and they remembered him and Angie gave him a big hug when she saw him this year.

They are very personable, down to earth people and are thrilled to be back on the Reflection. They said it was like coming home. My husband had them dedicate a song to me that brought tears to my eyes last year (a surprise). This year he asked them to do Black Velvet for our friends onboard when he heard it was "their song." They did a beautiful job and our friends were so touched.

They were the performers for the wine and cheese on the lawn event. What a wonderful night: a balmy evening sitting on the lawn on blankets with little tables with tea lights and wine and cheese listening to Angie and Jim perform. Magical!

Lucky you! Enjoy your cruise!

Wow! Thank you so much for the kind words and positive comments!!!

Hope to perform for you again someday :)

Jimmy from the Walker Black Duo