$99.00 Upsells

partybarbie

My aunt and I got a call from our TA today for a $99.00 per person upsell. This was from a Category IE, Inside Aft, to a Category BE, Balcony Aft, on our upcoming 7-Day California Coastal cruise. Usually I turn these down, but for slightly less than $100.00 per person, per day, we took it. :cool: Here's hoping for good weather and smooth sailing.:D

It works out to $693.00 per person for the week, but the port taxes (included in the price) were $140.00 each, or $20.00 per person per, per day. Balcony rooms for the same cruise in September are showing some outrageous amount of over $2000.00, per person. Anyway, we are happy.:)

It works out to $693.00 per person for the week, but the port taxes (included in the price) were $140.00 each, or $20.00 per person per, per day. Balcony rooms for the same cruise in September are showing some outrageous amount of over $2000.00, per person. Anyway, we are happy.:)

Wow! I thought it was PP total. :eek:

Have not seen anyone break it down by the day.

If it were me I would keep the money in my pocket and buy some extra drinks. :)

I think the OP is confused. The upsells I have been offered and accepted have been a total price, $49 for a 4 day cruise, $99 for a 7 day and $199 for a TA. One was from an inside to balcony for $199, the $49 was from obstructed OV to Caribe balcony midship with, I have 3 cabins booked on the 4 day Golden and all 3 have received the same upgrade. Cabins are side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

I think the OP is confused. The upsells I have been offered and accepted have been a total price, $49 for a 4 day cruise, $99 for a 7 day and $199 for a TA. One was from an inside to balcony for $199, the $49 was from obstructed OV to Caribe balcony midship with, I have 3 cabins booked on the 4 day Golden and all 3 have received the same upgrade. Cabins are side by side.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Actually, I'm confused by your post. Are you saying the 7-day cruise was $99 for the entire week?

Sorry, I wasn't trying to confuse anyone. The upsell is $99.00 per person for the entire week. The total cost of the balcony is $693.00. No one in their right mind would pay $99.00 per day, on top of their normal fare, to upgrade.

Davalynn, I understood what you posted & have a great cruise...no Bruce this time? He didn't lose his passport again did he? ;)

Edited by Astro Flyer

Sorry, I wasn't trying to confuse anyone. The upsell is $99.00 per person for the entire week. The total cost of the balcony is $693.00. No one in their right mind would pay $99.00 per day, on top of their normal fare, to upgrade.

Ahhhhh, now I get it! :o

The "less than $100 per person, per day" that the OP noted in her original post is based on the new $693 pp total (for the week) with the $99 pp upsell (for the week) added in, divided by seven days.

Pre-upsell the OP was paying $594 pp for the week. With upsell it's $693 pp for the week (which is under $100 pp per day).

Lovely deal - enjoy your cruise and your balcony!

Davalynn, I understood what you posted & have a great cruise...no Bruce this time? He didn't lose his passport again did he? ;)

LOL Frank, thank goodness he still has the new one. :D Don't even get me started on what that little issue cost.;)

My aunt wants to be "elite" for her fiftieth wedding anniversary cruise next month, so the two of us are doing a "girl's cruise" in order for her to make her 150 days at sea. Bruce is kindly staying home to take care of all of our animals. He and I have another TA planned for October.

Ahhhhh, now I get it! :o

The "less than $100 per person, per day" that the OP noted in her original post is based on the new $693 pp total (for the week) with the $99 pp upsell (for the week) added in, divided by seven days.

Pre-upsell the OP was paying $594 pp for the week. With upsell it's $693 pp for the week (which is under $100 pp per day).

Lovely deal - enjoy your cruise and your balcony!

Thank you so much.:D You have explained it perfectly.:cool:

LOL Frank, thank goodness he still has the new one. :D Don't even get me started on what that little issue cost.;)

My aunt wants to be "elite" for her fiftieth wedding anniversary cruise next month, so the two of us are doing a "girl's cruise" in order for her to make her 150 days at sea. Bruce is kindly staying home to take care of all of our animals. He and I have another TA planned for October.

So you "sacrifice" to take a cruise with your aunt while Bruce "sacrifices" to stay home to care for the critters...think you got the better deal! :p

I am puzzled that there was confusion in the original post. :) I think partybarbie explained it quite well.

I think it was post 6 that confused people. The total price actually does work out to $99 a day so no one knew if that was what they were paying extra or total.

We booked a inside guarantee for the March 9 sailing of Royal princess Cost $699 pp for ten days. We were assigned room it was ok. We were offered a BB balcony A626 for $149pp. We took it as it seems like a good deal.

We booked a inside guarantee for the March 9 sailing of Royal princess Cost $699 pp for ten days. We were assigned room it was ok. We were offered a BB balcony A626 for $149pp. We took it as it seems like a good deal.

Last October on a 10-day Royal cruise from NYC to FLL just before final payment for an extra $60/pp. (the entire cruise) we moved from a category IB inside cabin to a deluxe balcony (DE) cabin on Emerald deck aft. It wasn't an upsell but something we got lucky to discover just before final payment & our TA got it for us. :)