All things JADE

scoochy12

I am sailing Jade in May too; when you say you haven't found much info on the ship I am confused. Have you joined your ships roll call? Have you read the members reviews? There are some current reviews of this ship. Just type in NCL Jade into the search bar and you will find a lot of info about the ship. There are video reviews by a guy named I luv cruisin. He has about five you tube videos of his cruise.

Just booked the Jade for end of May and have not found a lot of info on this ship. For those of you who have sailed. Please share any tid bits, must do, must see, must eat etc....

Thanks in advance!:)

This ship has been around for many many years. Search Jade in Cruise Critic and you will find countless threads. Also join your roll call. You can also search NCL Jade in google and you will get a ton of info and videos.

6&8

Just booked the Jade for end of May and have not found a lot of info on this ship. For those of you who have sailed. Please share any tid bits, must do, must see, must eat etc....

Thanks in advance!:)

Through this link you can find much general information regarding the Jade, and I would also suggest that you take a look at the 360° Virtual Tour that you find under "Explore the cruise ship" (you have to scroll a little bit down the page to find it):

http://www.ncl.com/cruise-ship/jade

• 1 month later...
ROCruiser. Is great outdoors part of the buffet dining or is it in addition to the buffet;,like additional seating

It is the area at the back of the ship just past the regular buffet area. During busy times, such as breakfast both areas will be open. When the main buffet shuts down in order to switch over to lunch the great Outdoors will be open. So if you are a late riser one day and think you have missed breakfast you will be able to find something here.

The same is true after lunch. You can find something here late afternoon while the regular buffet is getting ready to serve dinner. If you are a fan of afternoon tea this is the place you will find something similar on NCL. You can find small sandwiches and scones here in the afternoon among other edibles.

If you want to eat outside then this is a great location with a perfect view. There is also outdoor seating in the midship pool area along the outside of the ships. These spots are covered and semi enclosed so do not provide the openness that can be found in the Great Outdoors.

This is pretty much a great location all day long. A quiet area during regular hours and the place to go in between.

Rochelle

We have been on the Jade the past two summers. We really did consider going again this year but have booked the Epic instead. It's a great ship and you will enjoy it. A nice place for breakfast is the "Italian restaurant". You get it off the buffet at the right hand side. You take your food through from the buffet but the surroundings are nice.

Plenty of info on the Jade on these threads.

Alternatively, take a look at my blog for our Jade trip last Dec - http://guitar123foodandtravel.blogspot.sg/p/norwegian-jade-ncl-cruise-greece-turkey.html

We did a 10N to Greece and Turkey.

Some videos.

We squeezed 4 adults and 2 kids in a 2 bedroom penthouse suite.

[YOUTUBE]POIy0VzgXGw[/YOUTUBE]

Suite life was fantastics. Here was breakfast at Cagney's.

[YOUTUBE]BYgGcK5QUQY[/YOUTUBE]

The Garden Buffet dinner was pretty good. Here is a clip of a buffet dinner.

[YOUTUBE]ic9vxaMs48M[/YOUTUBE]

I really enjoyed their poolside parties, with all the food!

[YOUTUBE]j2wqHjUlLiM[/YOUTUBE]

Technically you can get there through La Cucina as well. Picture a large upside down U. The curved part will be the Great Outdoors (Outdoor seating, bar & small buffet). The left hand side of the upside down U is the regular buffet with a door at the end leading outside. The right hand side closest to the curve area is La Cucina with a door outside to the Great Outdoors.The first part of hat side is the kitchen area for the regular buffet.

Maybe we will see each other there next month...getting closer :)

Rochelle

Though there is quite a bit of information I am interested in the odd questions and answers as great places to sit at the pool and also how many thermal loungers in the spa. I am hoping for the same set up that was on the Pearl which was two thermal loungers sort of tucked away to the side of the hot tub and thermal pool. The Jade looks very different from looking at the pictures it appears all of the loungers are placed in front of the windows. Also Salt room anyone?

Thanks

the spa on the jade takes up the very front of the ship so some great forward views

There are 3 separate areas-male area to left ,female on right and central area is communal

single sex area contains showers and changing area

wet and dry steam room

cold plunge pool

Jacuzzi

relaxation area with 6 padded loungers

the communal area has 6 heated tile loungers facing forward so great sea views

there is also a larger therapy pool

no salt room I'm afraid but to be honest I used that on the Breakaway and didn't notice any benefit-it was cool and had a bit of salt sprinkled on the floor!

the spa on the jade takes up the very front of the ship so some great forward views

There are 3 separate areas-male area to left ,female on right and central area is communal

single sex area contains showers and changing area

wet and dry steam room

cold plunge pool

Jacuzzi

relaxation area with 6 padded loungers

the communal area has 6 heated tile loungers facing forward so great sea views

there is also a larger therapy pool

no salt room I'm afraid but to be honest I used that on the Breakaway and didn't notice any benefit-it was cool and had a bit of salt sprinkled on the floor!

Thanks for the information which for me is more helpful than the stock photos and the sometimes questionable 360 videos that all look almost the same on different ships. I was more curious than actively looking for the "salt cure all" and wanted to sit in the room and see what all the chit chat was about. I am looking forward to the DH and I enjoying the loungers.

ROCruiser. Is great outdoors part of the buffet dining or is it in addition to the buffet;,like additional seating

Sorry, I did not respond earlier. I have a couple of pictures of the Great Outdoors here on my blog. Have a great cruise!

You can go to the bottom of the page and search for Jade hints (2 pages come up), Jade secrets (3 pages) Jade tips (20 pages) and you hopefully find what you are looking for. You could also go to the pages on the other ships in the Jade class for tips, hints and secrets.

Very nice photos and stories. Indeed precious memories.

Thank you very much for the kind words! I mainly keep the blog as a photo album to share with friends and families living in different parts of the world. :)

Sorry, I did not respond earlier. I have a couple of pictures of the Great Outdoors here on my blog. Have a great cruise!

Hey ROCruiser,

Can you believe it has been a month since we got off the Jade?

I see you are sailing again in 2 weeks. We are waiting until we hear from NCL before we book again. We booked a year in advance and are not getting double points.:mad: It has been a month and Latitudes has not gotten back to us.

We want the 40+ day cruise but no points, no cruise. :)

Mayby we will bump into you again on a future ship

Steve

Hey ROCruiser,

Can you believe it has been a month since we got off the Jade?

I see you are sailing again in 2 weeks. We are waiting until we hear from NCL before we book again. We booked a year in advance and are not getting double points.:mad: It has been a month and Latitudes has not gotten back to us.

We want the 40+ day cruise but no points, no cruise. :)

Mayby we will bump into you again on a future ship

Steve

Hello Steve, so good to hear from you. Time flies, right!? BTW, thank you for taking over the M&G since I am such a 'chicken'.

I guess it doesn't pay to book early, unfortunately. Remember on our cruise, people booked last minute and got those Ultimate Dining/Ultimate Drink type things and we got nothing for booking early?!

Looking forward to my cruise in a couple of weeks. A short one but any cruise is still better than none. You never know, we might very well bump into each other on a cruise some day. It had happened to us twice already, bumping into people we met on previous cruises.

Good luck with your dealing with NCL!