A (Mostly) Qomplaint-Free QUANTUM REVIEW (Feb. 20 - Mar. 1, 2015)

Really enjoying your review so far!!!! :D:D I think the closest I will ever get to Quantum is the long distance photo I took last week on Oasis when both ships were in St. Thomas, so thanks for giving me an inside view...by the way, your iPhone photos are great! ;)

Loving your review!!!! Thanks for taking the time to do this. We are on the Quantum April 5 and we are very excited!!

Were you just able to book the iFly only once or could you have booked it more times if you wanted? Was there a charge after the first time?

Thanks!

Thanks!

You can go more than once however only the first time is free.

Following this great review. We are taking the Quantum to Asia in a couple of months and are hanging on your every word. Thanks for the reminder that we do not want to be that cranky-frowny couple in anyones review. We plan to remain calm and carry on if anything is less than WOW.

Enjoying your review.

We are packing for our cruise next Friday and we love to learn more about ship!!

Were you able to bring water and other beverages on board? Did you hand-carry them? I am debating whether to bring some or not.

Yup. I put a case of water in a duffel bag, slapped a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porters. It arrived at my stateroom with no problem.

I put some red bull in my carry on bag and had no problem going thru security with those either.

Really enjoying your review so far!!!! :D:D I think the closest I will ever get to Quantum is the long distance photo I took last week on Oasis when both ships were in St. Thomas, so thanks for giving me an inside view...by the way, your iPhone photos are great! ;)

Thanks! I enjoyed your Oasis review as well.

I said in St. Thomas, "Hey look, I can see the Oasis' a** from here".

Yup. I put a case of water in a duffel bag, slapped a luggage tag on it and gave it to the porters. It arrived at my stateroom with no problem.

I put some red bull in my carry on bag and had no problem going thru security with those either.

They barely checked wine...I had a bottle in my carryon as did my friend. They looked at them, but never had to show stateroom number or anything to show only 2 per stateroom.

DAY 4

With St. Thomas only a day away, we were informed to move our clocks ahead by one hour. No problem. That won’t affect my IFly reservation at 4 PM today right?

You can probably see where this is heading.

Day 4 was a beautiful day. I took a bunch of pictures and we hung out by the pools all day. The pool with the retractable roof was still closed for some reason though.

0E37B264-3FF8-4FD9-95B6-2778E458E04F_zpsjeuxnwyb.jpg

So here is my one complaint (qomplaint?) about the Quantum class ships. It’s not really a complaint but more of a personal preference really. I prefer the Solarium pools to be open air like on the Freedom and Voyager classes. I love those designs. I also love the layout of the Oasis class Solarium however it is a little too hot in there and the pool is a little too small. The Quantum class Solarium is well designed and the pools are great and spacious but I wish it was open air. I get it, I know these ships are designed for the cold weather and the project name was “Project Sunshine” but all I hoped for was that the indoor pool with the retractable roof be open on warm days.

The roof was never opened once during the entire 9-day cruise. There were a good 4-5 days that it could have been open but they never did open it. I asked three of the workers there why they wouldn’t open it and I got three different answers. This will not prevent me from sailing on a Quantum class ship in the future because there is a lot that I love about this class. I just wish there were more outdoor pool options like on the Oasis, Freedom and Voyager classes.

Ok, rant over.

Hey, did I mention yet that I missed my IFly reservation? Apparently my iPhone did not know that we were leaving the Eastern Time Zone so uh, yeah I ended up missing my time slot. And I never got around to rescheduling it so it looks like I will have to wait until I sail on the Anthem to try it out.

I had a made to order omelette again and sat outside at the windjammer. Later, while in the indoor pool (because the outdoor pool was way too crowded), two little girls about 3-4 years old were swimming back and forth and racing each other while wearing their little floaty things on their arms. They were not looking where they were going and the one girl swam right into me. She popped her head out of the water and said to me, “Go Away!”

Wow, ok. I think I’ll just go and play at Adventure Ocean until the little girl says it's ok for me to go back in the pool. Moving on.

Dinner on Day 4 was at Silk. It was ok and I would eat there again but it was probably my least favorite of the four main complimentary restaurants (We never went to Devinly Decadence).

After dinner we popped into Vintages and had a little wine before calling it a night.

E78B32A0-FE78-4A55-8D06-3EA1F6E5E713_zpssneggkho.jpg

Wine bottles and glasses in the Vintages design. Well done.

264875CB-6923-4B09-A8F9-0AFC4456D6F1_zpssqi8whmu.jpg

Day 4 Fitbit steps: 12,687

Next Up: Day 5 - Snorkeling at St. Thomas, dinner at Wonderland & delicious bushwackers

Edited by Yorkvillain

Hi Donna!

The WOW bands can be used at any bar to make a purchase, at the shops on board and most importantly to open your stateroom door. It even worked at the bars on Labadee.

It's optional so you can use your regular room key card if you don't like to wear the band.

That's what I thought. We were in a test group about 1 1/2 years ago to use them at Disney World (parks & resort). I loved them. Unfortunately Disney hadn't moved them to the ships yet...but the app on the ship was terrific! I used it all the time - listed all the activities, shows, drinks of the day, menus, etc.

Edited by Donna_In_India

Good stuff! I love the outside seating in the back on any ship.... I'd also like to do the North Star in port. Yummy looking bloody Marys and totally cool penny!!! Odd about the roof (that's one thing I confirmed with Courtney - that it DID have a retractable roof) - I would have liked the fresh air too. Waiting for St. Thomas review and photos of Courtney in the IFly. :D

From your photos, the ship doesn't look too crowded...was it?

Good stuff! I love the outside seating in the back on any ship.... I'd also like to do the North Star in port. Yummy looking bloody Marys and totally cool penny!!! Odd about the roof (that's one thing I confirmed with Courtney - that it DID have a retractable roof) - I would have liked the fresh air too. Waiting for St. Thomas review and photos of Courtney in the IFly. :D

From your photos, the ship doesn't look too crowded...was it?

Ha. You'll have a better chance of getting Courtney on a Disney ship than you will of getting her to do the IFly!

The crowds weren't bad at all other than the outdoor pool being crowded on the hot days.

two little girls about 3-4 years old were swimming back and forth and racing each other while wearing their little floaty things on their arms. They were not looking where they were going and the one girl swam right into me. She popped her head out of the water and said to me, “Go Away!"

You should have gone "York Villian" on her. ;) They would have fled the pool in seconds. That would be great practice for Pirate Night if you'd ever get Courtney on a Disney cruise. Argh, it might be easier to get her into the IFly.

Thanks for all the nice comments everyone. I'll hopefully have more on Wednesday. I'm a little too tired right now and also angry that my Islanders lost in overtime tonight. Tired & Angry is never a good combo.

Edited by Yorkvillain

DAY 2

Day two (or actually night two now) was also the latest we stayed up the entire trip. We checked out the reggae band in Music Hall and then ended the night at the Ice Bar in 270.

Great review! How late were you out? How did you find the nightlife on the ship? Was it mostly live bands or were there typical nightclub with DJ type spots (even though there's no Blaze or nightclub proper)?

Edited by TrojanUSC

DAY 2

Day two (or actually night two now) was also the latest we stayed up the entire trip. We checked out the reggae band in Music Hall and then ended the night at the Ice Bar in 270.

Great review! How late were you out? How did you find the nightlife on the ship? Was it mostly live bands or were there typical nightclub with DJ type spots (even though there's no Blaze or nightclub proper)?

I think we were out until around 2-3am, I'm not entirely sure though.

They had live bands in Music Hall and a DJ in 270. This was a 9-day cruise (which usually attracts an older crowd) so it wasn't that crowded at night.

Music Hall was crowded a couple of nights however 270 rarely was packed late night.

Wonderful review and beautiful pictures. Thank you so much for sharing. Ship looks great, makes me wanna try a Quantum class next year :)

Cindy

Thanks. Definitely try it out. I'm glad I did and I will definitely go back.