WOW - bar drinks prices increased by up to 40%

icsys

Correct, Inbev is the parent but I still think it's marketed as a Belgian beer. Kinda like Fosters can be brewed in Canada but they still call it Australian.

BTW, Wikipedia says AB imports and distributes. No mention of brewing it in the US.

Well, then they lied to me last year when we toured the brewery in STL.

We had done Grant's Farm a few years ago, so didn't make it last year.

We left St Louis pre InBev. AB was a big part of that town. Did more searching on the interweb. Stella Cider is brewed in US, just can't find the Pilsner. Oh well, back to work

We left St Louis pre InBev. AB was a big part of that town. Did more searching on the interweb. Stella Cider is brewed in US, just can't find the Pilsner. Oh well, back to work

We were surprised what was brewed there, such as Landshark.

Totally agree. I wasnt going to go there but since you did, Im sure it wont be long before they show up. :D

I have never paid 12.00 for Margarita or 7.00 for a beer ANYWHERE on land :rolleyes:

Not a cheerleader here, but I think the reference is HILARIOUS:D.

But oh yeah, try buying top shelf drinks in downtown DC or Bethesda, Maryland for under $12.:eek::eek: LOLOL!!! I'd be glad to pay $12 for a top shelf drink. $7 beers??? Go to FedEx Field for a Skins game or a Nats game in DC. LMAO

We'll be on the Harmony in Dec. 2016, I won't be buying the drinks pkg, and I can make do with one drink in the evening. That's all I need anyway.

I'm not a RCCI cheerleader, but I do love RCCI to bits.

Edited by SailyaCruise

Not a cheerleader here, but I think the reference is HILARIOUS:D.

But oh yeah, try buying top shelf drinks in downtown DC or Bethesda, Maryland for under $12.:eek::eek: LOLOL!!! I'd be glad to pay $12 for a top shelf drink. $7 beers??? Go to FedEx Field for a Skins game or a Nats game in DC. LMAO

We'll be on the Harmony in Dec. 2016, I won't be buying the drinks pkg, and I can make do with one drink in the evening. That's all I need anyway.

I'm not a RCCI cheerleader, but I do love RCCI to bits.

The difference is, those places didn't raise their prices 40% almost overnight.

I was totally shocked how big their domestic brand had grown.

I don't think we've been there since 1990

Going to STL in two weeks. Grants Farm and hope to have time for brewery before balloon festival at Forest Park. Did you ever see that? Wondering about when we need to be there to find parking. Staying at the Drury.

Will be on the Nov Enchantment cruise with you. May want to ask if you have a TA. Haven't had luck finding a good one yet.

Am I rambling off topic?

The difference is, those places didn't raise their prices 40% almost overnight.

Point well taken.

We usually have a celebratory first drink in the Champagne bar on the first night -- no Champagne bar on the Harmony, not sure I'll be that taken with a robot fixing my drink. Then a few drinks during the week. The drink portion of my bill is usually less than $50. It's the other stuff that I need to scale back on -- food, cupcakes, clothing, etc. That's my problem!:D

Here is what irratates me - we get this and other posts say "all cocktails are $10-$12". Is it that different from ship to ship?

No it's not different from ship to ship, It's the well Swill drinks that people are happy with.... If you like higher end alcohol such a patron in your margaritas or anything else it's higher, If you like Grey Goose Vodka instead of the house swill in your drinks, Like a Bloody Mary or other Vodka based drinks or frozen you pay more.... If you like hangovers from house swill.... By all means get it, Don't get the drink package and enjoy your hangover from Swill grade alcohol....

No it's not different from ship to ship, It's the well Swill drinks that people are happy with.... If you like higher end alcohol such a patron in your margaritas or anything else it's higher, If you like Grey Goose Vodka instead of the house swill in your drinks, Like a Bloody Mary or other Vodka based drinks or frozen you pay more.... If you like hangovers from house swill.... By all means get it, Don't get the drink package and enjoy your hangover from Swill grade alcohol....

Don't declare that it isn't different from ship to ship when you don't know it for a fact. I found different pricing in different bars on the same ship. All you, or I, know for a fact is that people are finding a lot of variability.

Don't declare that it isn't different from ship to ship when you don't know it for a fact. I found different pricing in different bars on the same ship. All you, or I, know for a fact is that people are finding a lot of variability.

Oh! I agree, Pricing can be different from bar to bar on the same ship.... Especially for Premium Alcohol..... No argument their as I've experienced it which is why I'm buying the drink package for the very first time.... Can't stand the different pricing and won't worry now [emoji3]

I have seen different priced packages also depending on where the ship is sailing. For example the Asian sailings tend to be cheaper (perhaps they drink less gamble more) compared to the Australian departures (definately more expensive plus the exchange rate is killing us also!!)

Edited by askifi

Oh! I agree, Pricing can be different from bar to bar on the same ship.... Especially for Premium Alcohol..... No argument their as I've experienced it which is why I'm buying the drink package for the very first time.... Can't stand the different pricing and won't worry now [emoji3]

I have seen different priced packages also depending on where the ship is sailing. For example the Asian sailings tend to be cheaper (perhaps they drink less gamble more) compared to the Australian departures (definately more expensive plus the exchange rate is killing us also!!)

At the start the ultimate drink package on my legend of the seas Asian cruise in November 2015 was $26AUD. At one point it was cheaper than the replenish package ($28AUD). Its now gone up to $85AUD. Go figure.

Sent from my A0001 using Tapatalk

Listen I could care less what you all drink.... I know JIMHO, If I drink low quality alcohol it gives me headaches and a hangover.... I'm not trying to knock anyone... I'm just voicing my opinion that works for me.... Drink on or DON'T.....

Drink the low quality alcohol at your own risk... Just don't come back on this board and complain what low quality drinks they have and how little alcohol was in them and not worth the price....

Way too many threads on that!

Edited by jagmanss1