Room Service No Longer Free - NCL Starts $7.95 Charge Per Order

doggfan7

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

How can you say the items will remain complimentary (FREE), and in the same sentence say, BUT it's gonna cost you $7.95 if you order anything! Smdh. :mad:

As was already mentioned, the charge is for everyone just on those 2 ships.

LOL - You say that now. Wait until it's on all the ships.

The 18% gratuity add-on for Specialty Restaurants was only on one ship....now it's on all the ships.

Harriet

Norwegian Cruise Line has introduced a new enhanced room service menu that is debuting on board Norwegian Getaway and Norwegian Breakaway. The new menu offers an expanded selection for breakfast in addition to a wider variety of options available on the 24 hour menu. Individual items on the menu remain available on a complimentary basis and a convenience charge of up to $7.95 will be added to each order placed. Room service is one of up to 29 dining options offered across the fleet, and guests continue to be able to enjoy a wide array of complimentary choices onboard 24 hours a day.

LOL, who proofreads your stuff? It's COMPLEMENTARY.

Who proofreads your stuff? No it's not.

If that's a convenience, I'm the Queen Elizabeth's great-granddaughter.....[emoji57]

Sent from my SGH-T399 using Tapatalk

In addition to providing the requested enhanced menus. Could you please clarify if passengers in suites will also have to pay the $7.95 convenience fee for room service orders?

Also, could you tell us what additional services will we have to pay for that were previously complimentary? Or other fee changes? Or will this continue to be a once a week fun search to discover cost changes?

Edited by NYteacher

How can you say the items will remain complimentary (FREE), and in the same sentence say, BUT it's gonna cost you $7.95 if you order anything! Smdh. :mad:

Because the food is still without extra charge but now there's a fee for bringing it to your room.

Not a complicated concept.

LOL, who proofreads your stuff? It's COMPLEMENTARY.

Check the Community Guidelines:

"Spelling & Grammar Errors

.... Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Do you have any idea with a Suite how this effects the Butler delivery of specialty restaurants or whatever? On the NCL website under Whats Not covered in your cruise fare is "Convenience Charge for Room Service for NON- Haven Suites", so obviously they are planning on this going fleet wide, and this is our first suite for the upcoming TA on 4/27 in a SJ suite and we were hoping to take advantage of the Perks, but do not want to pay 7.95 every time Butler brings us something. Thanks for any feedback on this

I called my PCC and was assured that the new fees for room service do NOT affect guests in the haven.

Because the food is still without extra charge but now there's a fee for bringing it to your room.

Not a complicated concept.

Then it is by definition NOT complimentary. Please look the word up because you appear to be confused. The definition is VERY clear.

If your flawed logic is applied would the Specialty restaurants not too be complementary because there is not a charge per item?

6&8

.... Do not make comments on the spelling and grammar of other users. It is simply not a productive expenditure of energies."

Yea, well....NCL is not a user!

Harriet

The highlighted green and red above contradict each other. May I suggest that you find someone who can read, write, and comprehend the English language when you write these auto responses up. Thank you.

Harriet

You're right. My bad.

On the other hand, I'm really not making a comment on the spelling/grammar of another USER. The NCL persona was merely directly quoting stuff that their PR department thunk up. Hence I made a reference to "proofreading." No USER would employ a proofreader. On the other hand, I assume that a corporation would.

This statement is pure idiocy....The food is free, but you cant have any of it without paying $7.95. That is NOT complementary food. Will I be able to order and pick the food up myself to avoid this charge? If there is no way to get any without the fee calling it complementary is an insult to our intelligence...

If this logic holds then TECHNICALLY all the specialty restaurants are complementary. We don't pay by the food item there, but we have to pay to use the service.

These people must really think we are knuckle draggers....

6&8

I couldn't agree more!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Just got done with guest services onboard. They say it is only on breakaway and getaway and started yesterday. They logged my complaint and when I told them I would never sail ncl again as with a little child we rely on room service for several meals, the response was "all I can do is log your complaint".

You should have said, them in order to stay within my planned budget I demand the service charge be removed from our bill.

I can imagine the future of NCL

Food in the main dining rooms is still complementary, however there is a $7.95 convenience fee for use of a table and chair.

The knuckle draggers can use their hands to eat their food, however for those guests wishing a more refined dining experience, sporks and knives will be provided for a modest convenience fee. Haven guests enjoy the use of complimentary spoons.

Full board and ordinary vessel food would include room service, since it was complimentary. The specialty restaurants are different, and were noted so, with specific charges for them. Perhaps you don't like complimentary being equated with free?

No, "full board" only requires them to provide breakfast, lunch and dinner. It doesn't in any way require NCL to provide complimentary room service, nor any particular method of offering full board.

Edited by njhorseman

The highlighted green and red above contradict each other. May I suggest that you find someone who can read, write, and comprehend the English language when you write these auto responses up. Thank you.

Harriet

Like those cheesy mail order ads say on tv, food is free but you need to pay $7.95 shipping and handling to your door.