Harmony Caribbean Just Booked!!!!

On RCCL website now they have added a 3 night sailing on HM on the 5th November.

I saw that. Doesn't help me, though. Wish the three day was on the 9th and then I could have done a B2B. Asked my TA to call RCCL and have them move it back. LOL. Maybe they'll squeeze in a 4 day cruise in between.;) One thing that is questionable. On NCL, you can do a solo room and pay about 65% of what it would cost to do an interior room by yourself. On Harmony, it costs $350+ MORE to do the solo room than an Interior room with virtual balcony. My Boardwalk Balcony, 9329, cost less than it would to do a solo interior! Go Figure! They have the pricing structure for the solo rooms bass ackwards. Hopefully, they'll figure that out. $350 more for 69 sq. ft. less. Huh!

Edited by Pizzaeater!

On NCL, you can do a solo room and pay about 65% of what it would cost to do an interior room by yourself. On Harmony, it costs $350+ MORE to do the solo room than an Interior room with virtual balcony. My Boardwalk Balcony, 9329, cost less than it would to do a solo interior! Go Figure! They have the pricing structure for the solo rooms bass ackwards. Hopefully, they'll figure that out. $350 more for 69 sq. ft. less. Huh!

I saw that today, too. Makes no sense. Just booked an oceanview balcony which, IIRC, cost about as much as the solo studio would have. And that was an interior room. Huh??

I saw that. Doesn't help me, though. Wish the three day was on the 9th and then I could have done a B2B. Asked my TA to call RCCL and have them move it back. LOL. Maybe they'll squeeze in a 4 day cruise in between.;) One thing that is questionable. On NCL, you can do a solo room and pay about 65% of what it would cost to do an interior room by yourself. On Harmony, it costs $350+ MORE to do the solo room than an Interior room with virtual balcony. My Boardwalk Balcony, 9329, cost less than it would to do a solo interior! Go Figure! They have the pricing structure for the solo rooms bass ackwards. Hopefully, they'll figure that out. $350 more for 69 sq. ft. less. Huh!

My price for a Studio Inside on the HM TA was approx $1200...which is not bad really for a solo and it is 13 nights.

St Maarten/Puerto Rico/Labadee

Nassau/St Thomas/St Kitts

Thanks. That is a hard choice. I would have liked to see St. Maarten and St. Kitts in the same itinerary. I love both ports.

Edited by Ocean Boy

Thanks. That is a hard choice. I would have liked to see St. Maarten and St. Kitts in the same itinerary. I love both ports.

Yeah, I just love the Eastern runs that call in Labadee. We did the St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee run on Liberty back in 2009 and that was my favorite itinerary ever. Granted Independence makes it even better by adding St. Kitts on the 8 night, that cruise never seems to fit our schedules.

I may look at the Harmony more seriously when they add more sail dates farther into 2017. The dates don't really work for us for March 2017. But wow, sure wish the itineraries were better. Those are really tired.

The dates right now go until the end of April 2017. For dates beyond those you will have to wait until next year this time to book.

I just got the email today and booked the E. Caribbean for 12/10/2016. My wife and I were just about ready to book the Oasis for Feb. 2016, so was an easy choice to wait a few extra months and go on a brand new ship. :)

Edited by dinansm3

Yeah, I just love the Eastern runs that call in Labadee. We did the St. Maarten, San Juan, Labadee run on Liberty back in 2009 and that was my favorite itinerary ever. Granted Independence makes it even better by adding St. Kitts on the 8 night, that cruise never seems to fit our schedules.

Independence will do a 7 night starting in May: San Juan, St. Maarten and St. Kitts (but no Labadee). I'm going in a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

And no double points to boot

Who ever started this thread should be ashamed of themselves.Every one who has posted should be thrown off the board. I know you were thinking how cute. I told my wife about people booking the Harmony. Well she also booked it for us.:eek: You wouldn't give an alcoholic a drink, would you? It's not all your fault should have never told her. Please send cash & I'll forget all about it.;)

Just booked the first sailing out of Ft. Laud. on November 5th! So excited. It's only a 3 night cruise (prefer longer of course) but still have a son in school so have to work around that. I'm used to booking last minute so now we have something to look forward to in 500+ days....lol.

I'm waiting for the Allure Eastern itinerary to open up for my week but if the prices are anything like the balcony prices on Harmony ... looks like I'll be sticking with Celebrity for my next cruise!

I had already booked Allure for October 9th sailing, pending release of Harmonys bookings. Decided that if it is less than $500 more for Harmony than Allure, I'd go with Harmony. It is $319 more so I switched to November 12th Sailing of Harmony. Great cabin also. 9329.:D

Who ever started this thread should be ashamed of themselves.Every one who has posted should be thrown off the board. I know you were thinking how cute. I told my wife about people booking the Harmony. Well she also booked it for us.:eek: You wouldn't give an alcoholic a drink, would you? It's not all your fault should have never told her. Please send cash & I'll forget all about it.;)

Lol! Thanks for the laugh, Foxtrot!

tiggerkaj

Just booked the first sailing out of Ft. Laud. on November 5th! So excited. It's only a 3 night cruise (prefer longer of course) but still have a son in school so have to work around that. I'm used to booking last minute so now we have something to look forward to in 500+ days....lol.

I've got my eye on that one ,too, if they add a 4 day to fill the space between existing cruises. If they do add a 4 day, I may do the 3 and 4 day instead of the 7 day.

Edited by Pizzaeater!

So I put the Nov 5 on aa 24 hr hold, but am really wondering what the heck is going on Nov. 8th. As I would prefer the four night over the three night, or maybe both. I searched and searched but couldn't find a thing mentioned regarding Nov. 8th.

Yes, these prices are way more than the shorty inaugural sailing for Oasis and Allure. Can't even apply the wow sale.

Independence will do a 7 night starting in May: San Juan' date=' St. Maarten and St. Kitts (but no Labadee). I'm going in a couple months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/quote']

Yep... I'm booked on it.

Seems everyone has similar situations. Cruising for the ship not the ports. My family loves the concept of the Harmony and voted to cruise her despite the port calls as well....We have done East & West cruises several times and was hoping for a Southern itinerary. Oh well..Harmony December 2016 here we come!!!!;)

I am confused as to what the big deal is and why people are paying the higher prices for Harmony. Isn't it just another Oasis class ship?

Must be that waterslide. Maybe I'll get to see it looking over from the decks of Allure.;)

I am confused as to what the big deal is and why people are paying the higher prices for Harmony. Isn't it just another Oasis class ship?

People like new ships. Some sailings and rooms are not much higher

I am booked on Harmony for Thanksgiving 2016. We are in a Boardwalk Balcony B2 which is only $81 more than the Oasis Thanksgiving 2015 Boardwalk Balcony. We also have a connecting B1 for 4 people that I couldn't compare because it was sold out on the Oasis. An extra $81 is well worth it just for the waterslides for the kids and a new ship is a plus. I went on Oasis with only my husband a couple years ago and I always said I wish they had slides for the kids. The minute I saw Harmony it was a done deal. We actually took the kids on their first cruise on the Ncl Getaway last year and the slides and ropes course was a big determining factor. Royal is my favorite though:)