Shore excursion prices raised across the board!

dvdgunner

Our cruise is in August and we had planned on 2 shore excursions for me, my wife and daughter. If we buy them now it will cost me $60.00 more for shore excursions! I guess Mr. Del rio is doing a good job squeezing $5.00 per day out of every passenger! This is getting ridiculous! We love cruising but we are on a budget and all of these increases are definitely squeezing us!

Ours did that too.. Noticed that yesterday.. We have 3 Ncl excursions planned, one went up 6 buks each, one went up 10 buks each, the other went up 20 buks each.. What the heck is going on here?? I'm almost afraid to step on board soon.. Absolutely ridiculous with all the increases. My first, and probably last Ncl... I'll stick with carnival who has never stuck it to me yet

Yikes. Yes, the one I'm looking at went up $10 per person, both adults and children. Before the price increase I'd have saved $15 by booking direct with the tour provider. Now I'll save $55 for the four of us if I book direct. That makes it an easier decision.

When I cruised on the Breakaway in December one of my wife and my favorite evening activities was to hang out in O'Sheehans and play on the electronic dart board (it cost $1 per person per game) and the games lasted a while. I wonder if we're going to board in the getaway in two weeks and find out the price has gone to $5 or $10 a game.

we switched to NCL on our last 3 cruises due to what we felt was the value of the cruise. Now I feel like i am being raked over the coals since booking. First DSC increased, then putting a tip on the specialty dining above the daily service charges, now raising the shore excursions! What else will we see i am afraid that it will be like harassment once on board above the usual to spend even more. I love the people that say how they have no problem with these extra tips but they must be much wealthier than me because I cruise because of the value and don't tip more then the recommended DSC!! We are booking an RCL for February because of this. Hopefully RCL doesn't go crazy with all of the added costs!

We are sailing on the Epic for three weeks next January - one of the excursions that we already paid for went up $30 per person, most of the others (which we prepaid) have gone up $10 per person. I'm so glad we prepaid gratuities and paid for excursions before all these changes happened. We will definitely have to seriously consider if we want to sail on NCL again after January.

I thought I would have a look at my upcoming cruises to see excursion prices.

I can only access my May 2015 cruise. Everytime I try the 2016 or 2017 it goes back to the log in page and when I re-log in it is invalid.

Guess they are busy changes prices.....

Ok, now NCL is hitting me in the pocketbook.

Three of the four port excursions I was planning to book for my May cruise have gone up $10 per person. The fourth has remained the same.

Thank you to OP for noticing.

FYI - if anyone is planning to but haven't book/prepaid for an upcoming ShoreEx next week or week after @ Port Canaveral, I took this screenshot using NCL's iConcierge last Tuesday (3/24/15) on the Breakaway, for other reasons & as part of my pictorial review (in progress, slowly) - and can check & compare if they've gone up. The fully scanned NCL ShoreEx Order Form (in *.JPG format) with prices for last week (4 pages worth) can be found there for the NY-Florida-Bahamas 7 days ITN as placed in the stateroom, for reference purposes.

SS1503240844.jpg

Unlike 2014, we didn't even bother getting off the ship and/or using the Coca Beach/Village shuttle offered by NCL (took local taxi shuttles.) As another posters said, do consider the use of local operators & supported businesses like community-based taxi/car service for some of the shorter trips when it is an option - and, tipping goes 100% directly to the driver, no if's & but's.

Edited by mking8288