Beverage Package Pricing Increase

I was trying to make sense of this so went back through some old posts.

This is how I put it together:

[C

Originally Posted by Celebrity Cruises View Post

Hi all' date='

I wanted to share some news that we just received regarding our beverage packages.

Beginning on April 6, 2015 for all sailings beginning on or after that date, we will be raising most of our beverage package prices onboard. [b']*From April 6, 2016 - April 19, 2015, our current prices will remain pre-cruise, thereby giving a "pre-cruise pricing advantage." [/b]*As of April 20, 2015, however, the pre-cruise prices will be raised to match the onboard prices.

The following changes will be:

Soda Package $8.00 --> $9.00

Premium Water Package $14.00 --> $16.00

Classic N/A Beverage Package $16.00 --> $18.00

Premium N/A Beverage Package $20.00 --> $22.00

Classic Beverage Package $49.00 --> $55.00

Premium Beverage Package $59.00 --> $65.00

Please note that the same beverages will still be available under each package, and that no drinks will be removed from any of these packages. The prices also do not include the 18% gratuity. Lastly, the wine package pricing will not be changing.

We all got upset so Celebrity clarified[/COLOR]

Hi all,

We continue to listen to guest feedback, and as a result, all upgrades (from Classic to Premium) will be $10. Guests should no longer have an issue with upgrading at any point, either by booking in advance, or onboard.

]I then asked:[/b]

Thanks for trying to clarify but what I'm still reading is that all guarantees are only for the present - in the future the upgrade price may change.

(I understand that the INITIAL prices for the packages may rise. Just trying to clarify upgrade prices.)

I guess the statement I am looking for (and it's possible that corporate is not willing to make ) is that it is and will remain Celebrity's policy that upgrading any beverage package will be the cost difference between the two packages .

________

And Celebrity answered :

Apologies, but we can't make a statement like that.

So what I am understanding is that if you want to upgrade for $10 (+ 18% so $11.80) you had better do it today.

For us, we will have $950 OBC (with gratuities already paid as part of the 1,2, 3 promotion and internet from being Elite) and, if I've calculated correctly, the increase in upgrade will be about $200 for a 14 day cruise for 2 people ($7 a day x 28) .

Although it does look awful when I calculate it - $330 to upgrade at $11.80 a day and $530 to upgrade at $18.88 a day - close to double.

(If I've done my math wrong please correct me.)

The first cruise isn't until 2016 (and 2 more in 2017). I've decided to roll the dice.

But I'll say again, I DO expect the upgrade to go up tomorrow

In all of their responses, Celebrity never said that wouldn't happen.

]

It would seem that some of the recent posters missed the post 708 from Celebrity:

Hi all,

We continue to listen to guest feedback, and as a result, all upgrades (from Classic to Premium) will be $10. Guests should no longer have an issue with upgrading at any point, either by booking in advance, or onboard.

We are currently on the Constellation. The price to upgrade is $26 per day. So much for the "official" presence of Celebrity here on CC.

We are currently on the Constellation. The price to upgrade is $26 per day. So much for the "official" presence of Celebrity here on CC.

I think the message is very clear, if you want to guarantee an upgrade charge of $10, do it today.

$26? Surely a typo. And comments from those who say we are silly for wanting a definitive answer - that the ships will follow?

I was trying to make sense of this so went back through some old posts.

This is how I put it together:

I'd still take it that it is meant to be $10 to upgrade for those with existing packages.

Your subsequent response was open-ended i.e. for future bookings and purchases as well, so I can understand why Celebrity would not be able to confirm that.

I am sooo conflicted. If I upgrade today I also have to add in 20% currency difference from CAD to US. If I wait to do onboard and use OBC it is already in US dollars but may cost me 16.00 per day instead of 10.00. It is almost a wash, except that OBC is found money - not on my Visa. Think I may roll the dice, next cruise isn't until September 2016.

Might be clearer by then. Also to be considered - it might be cheaper to just buy my one martini per day habit!!!!

Decisions, decisions. Guess we should consider ourselves lucky that we have these kind of issues to worry about.

This morning I posted a message to Celebrity on facebook and they once again assured me that to upgrade the package would only cost $10.00

Laura

And I've gotten 2 different answers from Celebrity today-$10 and $16.:cool:

Celebrity Cruises already posted that this was the current price and he could not speak to the future which is reasonable to me. Just like trying to guarantee a cabin price would be the same in Dec.

The "official Celebrity" had said advance or onboard would be the same.

Where did you see the one you refer to?

Still confused as it appears is everyone else including celebrity, if the upgrade should be 10$ or 16$ but thanks to this website we upgraded before the deadline of 5.00pm. we were planning to anyway but not worth taking the risk. Thanks everyone for the heads up.

I just upgraded our Jan 23 Reflection cruise from Classic to Premium.

After I was done, I specifically asked the gentleman if the cost to upgrade from Classic to Premium would still be 10.00+gratuities tomorrow. He said it would NOT be, that it would be 16.00+gratuities.

So while on this board the Celebrity Representative said it was going to stay 10.00, it appears that as least some staff on the ships and in the corporate office don't know that yet.

Glad I got it done so I don't have worry about it any more.

Not knowing who to believe about the upgrade cost at any given date I've upgraded all 3 of our currently booked cruises. I'm not at all happy that X has $590.00 of my money for their use - as 2 cruises are in 2016 and 1 in 2017. :(

However I also don't want to have to pay almost double the upgrade price to enjoy my fav beverages so I'm paying now and am convincing myself that this is no different than booking a ship excursion ahead of time - I'll just call it the Martini Bar Excursion!!!:D

I also just called to upgrade my 3 cruises, one is this year one one each in 2016 and 2017. Ask the Enhancement Rep and also was told it would be $16 starting tomorrow. I had planned to wait to upgrade onboard each cruise because I have so much OBC, so not a happy camper I had to put out my $$ this far out because of the uncertainty!

We have upgraded our drinks package today for our cruise. Strangely the site was offline until around 14:00. My wife contacted Celebrity and they promised to phone back which they did and we updated our package. This may be our last cruise with Celebrity because corners and standards appear to in decline yet the price is increasing. Many posts I have seen refer to the lack of quality of the meals in the MDR, a move to push more people in the specialty restaurants. Many other cruise lines are repositioning their business, increase in suites, and the trend of some companies is to sacrifice quality and reputation for the sake of the balance sheet.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

Not knowing who to believe about the upgrade cost at any given date I've upgraded all 3 of our currently booked cruises. I'm not at all happy that X has $590.00 of my money for their use - as 2 cruises are in 2016 and 1 in 2017. :(

However I also don't want to have to pay almost double the upgrade price to enjoy my fav beverages so I'm paying now and am convincing myself that this is no different than booking a ship excursion ahead of time - I'll just call it the Martini Bar Excursion!!!:D

But Jane, think about how happy you'll be, when those cruises roll around, and you already have your bev pckge upgrade taken care of, and paid for! :cool:

(Well, at least that's what I kept telling myself, while I was paying the cc bill for my 2016 & 2017 upgrades! :D)

lack of quality of the meals in the MDR, a move to push more people in the specialty restaurants.

IMO, the quality and service in the MDR is just fine. TG it's still inclusive to the cruise fare.

With that in mind, I get what you are saying, cruise lines are out to make a profit with offering more and more that come with an extra fee ~ specialty restaurants, beverage packages, excursions, etc.