Celebrity Summit Live report 4/4/15 - First Luminae and new suite benefits sailing

need2bespoiled

We're at Luminae which has changed our entire morning proposition. Hard to pass up the quiet atmosphere, excellent food and service. Definitely a game changer.

I'll try and get some pics.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dee is enjoying a cheese omelet. I sent back my poached eggs (Benedict) as the eggs were hard through. It happens.

Dees plain cheese omelet (flash made it darker and she gave me no second) chance).

c43ca1a3f86cd4e3114084e09e0deea5.jpg

My eggs, try two.

1f584bef3b7a6fdabe9db518fa906dbf.jpg

This morning I scoped out Carmabola beach resort for today. It's a Renaissance which I didn't know until I googled the number and called to inquire about day passes. They said no day passes so I inquired about a room which was a bit more than I wanted to spend (though it was $75 less online) as we have to leave at 3pm to take care of Dee's hair appointment. I told the nice woman I'd use points and she said if I was platinum she would provide beach chairs. I guess that's what happens when you have 85 nights on your loyalty account by mid April.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Jenna,

From one who reads these forums daily (or lurks as they say) but rarely posts, I just have to thank you! Your information, pictures, menus & descriptions have been invaluable to me. I now can make more informed decisions on my TA on the Equinox later in the month when we dine. Really appreciate your time & effort in this endeavor from which we ALL benefit. Have a great time on the rest of your cruise.:)

Jennifer

Believe me, it's not all work and a kind of enjoy teasing everyone ;)

We've found a shady spot under a palm tree at the resort. My first world problem of the day is the chair is slightly angled towards the water. Today's view for my rough life, first world problems:

e8759de4d636a2dc60019de3acbdfd4d.jpg

6f5a6d78f7d2655b149443910459f72d.jpg

a590b40f5efb21e792b87a4942b68949.jpg

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna,

Pictures say 1000 words, but right now I can only think of five: I want to be there!!! Looks fabulous. Again love to read about yours and Dee's adventure. Just got my e-doc's today, so I know it will be soon that we will be enjoying the same. Thanks again for everything!

Victoria:D

Jenna -

To echo what other posts have said, "thank you!" Your willingness to take some of your precious vacation time to attend to the many queries from all of us and give us all a glimpse of what we can look forward to is quite generous.

I do have one question...we are in a sky suite and look forward to Luminae when we board next week (4/18). However, given that we will be up at the crack of dawn and traveling all day from Connecticut, I cannot imagine waiting to eat dinner until after 8 that evening. Are there options for dinner that precede the muster drill? Would the MDR be a possible alternative? If not I guess we could consider the buffet if that is open for dinner.

It's not that I think we will starve :) but I want to maximize the dining potential.

Thanks again. Keep up the good life!

Formal night libations.

432051cc32c7a403ddfed40d88c841a6.jpg

Luminae is open at 6p and many diners choose to eat pre-muster. Late muster I think is unique to the San Juan sailings.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

The menu was a repeat of last formal night. The captains table, while they supposedly have 4 menus also was a repeat. They're serving dishes from around the ship however.

Spinach and frisée from Normandie (Murano)

ea265c3726f312f8c15d4261448839ef.jpg

The captains first (he is apparently on a diet :/

4491866fa0504dd7e1f7f252087f36ee.jpg

Our meals were ok. Even the Captains table in the MDR is still a challenge with such a large restaurant synchronizing properly cooked steaks, hot food, etc. the fun and the distraction certainly makes up for it.

Dessert was yummy but of course, it's dessert so I took a bite before the pic.

99df92a92f02f2ba4f58c2eca19ab982.jpg

Tomorrow we're turning our port day into a sea day. We should have the ship to ourselves.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Hi Jenna. Love your report. I am traveling with my fourteen year old son and his fourteen year old friend in a suite the end of May to Bermuda. While my son and I are bolder in our dining choices , I fear the other boy may not be. Do you think they would allow him to order off of the "left side" of the MDR menu or no?Otherwise, we might have to spend more time on the MDR. Thank you very much for your input.

Sorry Aaron, tonight's meal review is coming :p

Unlimited internet costs $299 for a 7 day cruise. Other pa page prices are available. Internet is slow at times and fast at others. You'll get an email with pricing pre cruise.

You get a discount from that price if Elite - 30% off.

Gordon

Gordon

Is that instead of your minutes - as E Plus we have 200 each so just working it all out (cost can be charged to someone else though :D)

The acutely amount of elite plus minutes you're given is 240. It automatically shows up when you create an account. When those run out you're then given the choice to buy a package for the account at which time you should still get the discount but I have not tested it.

I don't think ordering simple dishes will be a problem at all based on our last few meals. Many of the dishes have been presented on the menu sound froo froo and look beautiful but taste elegantly simple with good seasoning so there are also choices for him.

We have seen many teenagers and some younger adolescents in Luminae. We haven't seen babies or toddlers yet. All have been well behaved and had no impact on our experience, and believe me, if it was an issue is say so. We're planning to take Dee's family on Reflection. Her 7 year old triplet grandsons (and one 4 year old) would never leave the place the same so we'll skip Luminae with them but take them to Lawn Club Grill where they can be somewhat occupied and then easily go leave for the lawn. Enjoy your cruise to Bermuda.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Thanks Jenna. Some flexibility from the chef was what I was hoping for in your opinion. I am, however, going to encourage him to try new things. I know my boys will behave because of the promise of leaving me to head to the teen X Club, which they love. Freedom!

Happy sailing to you and Dee!

Melissa

Gordon

i didn't know about that 30%.

Are you sure? We thought about getting the unlimited on our last cruise but it was 14 days and i think the unlimited was $350 or $400 and just seemed too high. With 30% off that would be $245 or $280 and we might just consider it. (My husband has to work on vacation)

Jenna, Thanks for all the wonderful pictures. There is a post from a guest who boarded the Silhouette on 4/12 and lunch was not offered. Also said they are offering brunch on sea days and breakfast on port days. Are you experiencing this during week 2?

i didn't know about that 30%.

Are you sure? We thought about getting the unlimited on our last cruise but it was 14 days and i think the unlimited was $350 or $400 and just seemed too high. With 30% off that would be $245 or $280 and we might just consider it. (My husband has to work on vacation)

Yes if you take the unlimited package. I paid $244.30 for 2 weeks and still have a photo of the Account page from the TV to remind my to reclaim on my expenses when I returned to work. The is $349 before the discount. 7 days is $299 less the 30%.

I don't know what happens if you are E+. We reached there at the end of the cruise. Next cruises us in a RS so get package with room so won't find out until February next year unless anyone de finds out before (or they change the rules again)

Gordon

Breakfast for cruise 1, lunch for cruise 2 and dinner of course, were all offered on embarkation 2 on Summit with Luminae.

For the sea day I expect brunch but it isn't until Thursday.

I'm still thinking they need lunch everyday, but staff is working LONG hours in Luminae. Bistro on 5 will do for now for us especially with the expanded Summit menu.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

Actually, I called and was told by other guests last cruise it was still at $7 on Summit. Im having lunch there today so I'll report back if it's gone up, but I guess they'll wait for the repo to NJ or the first cruise out if NJ.

Happy sailing,

Jenna

We have seen many teenagers and some younger adolescents in Luminae. We haven't seen babies or toddlers yet. All have been well behaved and had no impact on our experience, and believe me, if it was an issue is say so.

If they are staying in a suite, they are just as entitled to dine in Luminae as you are. Really no different than folks who talk very loudly or have other habits you may not appreciate.

Who would you complain to...and on what basis...and what would you expect them to do?