Come Sail a Way with us LIVE as the Westerdam meets the Sail a Way Gang

kazu

Thanks for the compliment Melodies - but I am certainly no saint, as my fellow roll call members can attest! However without the reports by others on my woes and attitude I am sure I would have been labeled a complainer by now by the usual doubters who have never heard of such mismanagement and maintenance issues in all their (insert #) days of cruising on HAL. ;) sometimes the denials get so tiresome and I just report the facts, LOL. But no matter what, this has been a fabulous cruise and so much fun. I definitely want to cruise with this bunch again With or without hot water.

I don't need to say "good attitude", but what an endorsement for the Sail Away Gang!

The Captain has the azipods going full tilt to keep the tenders on the lee side. It looks calm out there, but I guess it can change in a minute.

Probably the current or possibly wind, if there isn't much swell.

Generally in Cabo the thrusters are on quite a bit to keep the hip positioned.

Question for those of you who shopped in Mexican ports. Did the street vendors have CC machines? I don't like to carry cash in ports. We won't be eating or drinking in port so that won't be an issue.

Could you clarify "street vendors"? Credit cards are pretty widely accepted in the ports that cruise ships visit. That said, if you buy something from the dude walking down the street it could be a problem.

Could you clarify "street vendors"? Credit cards are pretty widely accepted in the ports that cruise ships visit. That said, if you buy something from the dude walking down the street it could be a problem.

I've never seen this, but I wouldn't even consider using a "portable" CC machine. There has been so much credit card scamming through those machines in our local big, national hardware store.........!

Places that sell t-shirts, trinkets...set up at the ports. Yea, the dude could be a problem.:D

There has to be a medium to turn the vanilla bean, a solid, into the extract, a liquid. It is either alcohol or water. The bottles I purchased list alcohol as the only ingredient besides vanilla.

There is a sunrise service this morning out on the sea view pool deck for the 100th anniversary of AnZac Day. It begins at 6:30.

<snip>

I found a bottle of Mexican Vanilla in my baking cabinet. The ingredients listed on the bottle of "Mexican Vanilla - Pure vanilla Extract" are: vanilla extractives 15%, water and alcohol." That is exact quote. It is a glass 125 ml bottle AND cost $3 U.S. There is a price sticker on the bottle. :) I have never opened or used it so can not comment about quality.

I also looked at a bottle of vanilla I bought in U.S. grocery store. It is labeled Pure Vanilla Extract and the ingredients are listed "vanilla bean extractives in water, alcohol (35%) and corn syrup." I will not be buying that brand again as I prefer to eliminate the corn syrup.

Edited by sail7seas

Ooooh, that does look nice - especially since it's snowing here right now! Argh.

I hope someone has a cold strawberry margarita for me; it just doesn't have the same effect during a snowstorm.

Smooth Sailing! :) :) :)

Gerry

SNOWING!? Wow! Even for Saskatoon that seems late.

And here we are complaining it is down to 7C overnight.

Enjoy your dreams of that margarita! And keep watching that webcam!

Edited by SilvertoGold

Ooooh, that does look nice - especially since it's snowing here right now! Argh.

I hope someone has a cold strawberry margarita for me; it just doesn't have the same effect during a snowstorm.

Gerry

Actually, we had a bit of sleet this morning in Baltimore. Ouch. Fortunately, it didn't last long or stick. Oh well, a week from now I'll probably be complaining about how hot it is in Miami.

Roy

Chance of flurries here today too. I bet we may still get them into May.

I've never seen this, but I wouldn't even consider using a "portable" CC machine. There has been so much credit card scamming through those machines in our local big, national hardware store.........!

That's interesting. I've only used one of those things once in calgary. I'm very nervous about using my credit card in foreign ports.

I don't worry about my CC. I call my CC company and tell them where I'll be using them and what the limit will be....ie $50 or less in each port. I've never had a problem...hope that continues. I, myself, use the Square CC reader for my phone when I'm at craft shows.

Question for those of you who shopped in Mexican ports. Did the street vendors have CC machines? I don't like to carry cash in ports. We won't be eating or drinking in port so that won't be an issue.

I always buy a prepaid visa...$100 to $500...to take along with our regular credit card before going on any trips...

We use the prepaid visa on hop-on, hop-off buses...or any vendors that look questionable...

If there is any balance left....it can be easily used at home....

I always buy a prepaid visa...$100 to $500...to take along with our regular credit card before going on any trips...

We use the prepaid visa on hop-on, hop-off buses...or any vendors that look questionable...

If there is any balance left....it can be easily used at home....

That's a good idea for small purchases, taxi fares, souvenirs etc

What is the fee charged to purchase those cards?

Usually around $5. You can get them for a little less at big discount stores like Costco or Sam's Club. Mastercard, Visa, and Amex all have them.

Do a search for Prepaid Travel Card. That should give you links to the MC, VS, & AX pages.

Edited by POA1

It's either $3 or $5 when you purchase the card...there isn't any other fees...

I buy them at our credit union...

Also use them when purchasing anything on an airplane....

We had green grass yesterday; I think I need a cruise!

a>Back%20Yar%20April%2025%202015.jpg

Smooth Sailing ! :) :) :)

Gerry

Gerry

It snowed off and on here yesterday (NOT like you are getting). When Vict0riann mentioned that it was sailaway time, I pulled up some pics from PV, poured a glass of wine, and pretended I was onboard. Pathetic, I know, but it made me feel slightly better :D

I hope the snow stops for you soon!