Frontier Cancelled our fLT Books me on a 9:30am

TheMiz

With out any notice Frontier cancelled our flight

We will be finishing a Panama Canal crossing on the Legend of the Seas

April 29th. WE were going to spend the night in the Fort LAUDERDALE area and head home on April 30th.

Frontier can't get me home before May 1st

Is it possible to make it to FLL in time for that 9:30am flight ?

I would have to walk the luggage off etc.

Is it a far way to the airport from the cruise port ?

Are there cabs close ?

A little reading on the board would reveal the drives is 10-15 minutes in a cab. And there are lots of cabs.

If the ship is cleared quickly, you might be off around 7am, but I wouldn't take that risk. It is just too tight.

Edited by CruiserBruce

With out any notice Frontier cancelled our flight

We will be finishing a Panama Canal crossing on the Legend of the Seas

April 29th. WE were going to spend the night in the Fort LAUDERDALE area and head home on April 30th.

Frontier can't get me home before May 1st

Is it possible to make it to FLL in time for that 9:30am flight ?

I would have to walk the luggage off etc.

Is it a far way to the airport from the cruise port ?

Are there cabs close ?

IMO, it is POSSIBLE to make a 9:30 am flight out of FLL, but everything has to go right and you have to do self-disembarkation and be one of the first ones off. However, there is a good chance you will not make it.

What I would do is:

1. talk to Frontier about your options IF you miss your flight.

2. see if Frontier will put you on another airline. After all, it is their fault, not yours.

As mentioned above, you might make it, but why kill yourself because the airline changed things. :confused: If they will not book you on a later flight with another airline the 30th then tough it out on the beach in FLL for another day :D and fly home on the 1st.

IMO, it is POSSIBLE to make a 9:30 am flight out of FLL, but everything has to go right and you have to do self-disembarkation and be one of the first ones off. However, there is a good chance you will not make it.

What I would do is:

1. talk to Frontier about your options IF you miss your flight.

2. see if Frontier will put you on another airline. After all, it is their fault, not yours.

Good points

Yes I know I would have to Self Disembark

I already talked to them once they have no idea when or why my flight was cancelled. Or even why I wasn't notified. They didn't offer to book us on any other flight.

I booked using my Miles and did the Classic Plus package so maybe there isn't a problem canceling at the last minute.

Never had something like this happen.

I only caught the change by chance checking on my flight out on Sunday

I keep getting emails saying its tomorrow. Damn they are mess up

As mentioned above, you might make it, but why kill yourself because the airline changed things. :confused: If they will not book you on a later flight with another airline the 30th then tough it out on the beach in FLL for another day :D and fly home on the 1st.

Normally saying a couple days wouldn't be a problem but I need to be home on May 1st.

Jet Blue seems to have seats on April 30th never flew them

Something else we been thinking about renting a car and driving to MCO

SouthWest has a 7:30 pm flight that would even get me to my local airport which would be 60 miles closer to home

Seems to me the rental and later flight would be the perfect solution due to your must -get -home schedule. Personally I wouldn't risk the earlier flight if you have this option. A lot less stressful with that option. Finding open seats from Florida if you miss your flight at last minute is often hard to do. I understand your irritation.:mad:

Edited by eandj

Jet Blue seems to have seats on April 30th never flew them

Something else we been thinking about renting a car and driving to MCO

SouthWest has a 7:30 pm flight that would even get me to my local airport which would be 60 miles closer to home

In my opinion, JetBlue blows the doors off of Southwest. You can get an assigned seat, nicer seats, every seat has a TV and I just prefer their service.

The drive to MCO from FLL isn't bad at all. It will take you about 3 hours and 15 minutes and you can always stop along the way for lunch if you wish. Or spend the day at Downtown Disney or Citywalk.

As another poster has said, SouthWest flies to many cities from FLL. I just dropped my parents off their to fly home to NY on them on Tuesday.

Good points

I already talked to them once they have no idea when or why my flight was cancelled. Or even why I wasn't notified. They didn't offer to book us on any other flight.

I would call and press them to assist you. Often times an airline will not offer a solution of going on another line, unless you press them on the issue. Also, ask to speak to a supervisor if you do not get a satisfactory answer.

Be polite, but firm. It cannot hurt to try (but you might have a problem due to using miles).

In my opinion, JetBlue blows the doors off of Southwest. You can get an assigned seat, nicer seats, every seat has a TV and I just prefer their service.

The drive to MCO from FLL isn't bad at all. It will take you about 3 hours and 15 minutes and you can always stop along the way for lunch if you wish. Or spend the day at Downtown Disney or Citywalk.

As another poster has said, SouthWest flies to many cities from FLL. I just dropped my parents off their to fly home to NY on them on Tuesday.

I have booked with JetBlue

I contacted my trip insurance and of course its not covered since this wasn't a delay. Asked what would have happened if I didn't catch this and showed up on April 30th , she only said nothing would happen your flight was changed to the 29th . Live and learn

I would call and press them to assist you. Often times an airline will not offer a solution of going on another line, unless you press them on the issue. Also, ask to speak to a supervisor if you do not get a satisfactory answer.

Be polite, but firm. It cannot hurt to try (but you might have a problem due to using miles).

The two people I talked to were totally lost , after I posted this

Frontier began to send me reminders of my FLT TODAY to San Diego

They sent me 3 and I checked to see if it was a reminder for my FLIGHT on SUNDAY . But it said FRIDAY , again Frontier doesn't know why I would get those wrong emails and wouldn't get one for the cancelled flight .

Not only was my flight cancelled they discontinued service on Thursdays all together.

It's possible to make it to the airport in time, but through security and actually to the terminal and boarding the plane is a whole nother issue. It's pushing it, really.

If I were you, I would call frontier and explain your issue. Tell them the flight they changed you to does not work for your travel plans. Since they have no other flights so switch you to that do work, I would ask for your money back for that flight so you can book with another airline. There's no reason they can't do this for you. They changed your reservation, it doesn't work for you. They can't accommodate you, and they should have to refund you. Just be calm, polite, but firm with them. Btw I have done this with delta and it worked no problem. you just have to be nice to them.

I believe that they have to refund your air fare if requested.

A few years ago, US Air changed our flight time and a full refund was an option. Since we wanted to cancel the trip, we took that option.

By the way, they changed the flight time by less than 10 minutes.