Walking Off Ship with Luggage

NancyL2

I know we can walk off the ship with our luggage early...we did this last September on our Alaskan cruise in Seattle. Then we had an 11:30 am flight and made it in plenthy of time.

What I'm asking now...We would like to have a nice breakfast in the dinning room then walk off the ship with our luggage. (Take a later flight...2:30) Or do we have to walk off when our group is called? I know this sounds a bit confusing but we've never tried to just walk off the ship with luggage later.

Thanks for the help.

Edited by NancyL2

Last year on the Sun we were told we could walk off at any time if we had our own luggage.

I have never done it late so I don't know if you have a place to store your luggage after you are out of your cabin.

You can walk off with your luggage when you want to but since you have to be out of your cabin early do you really want to drag it around with you? We put the latest tag on our luggage that we could and just lazed around the buffet until our color was called. Much easier than trying to get all of our luggage off the ship ourselves.

If you are not leaving at that first cattle call, why not have someone else bring your luggage to the pier and that way you can take your time getting there. Why struggle through the elevators and hallways when you don't have to? Seems like it's making more work for yourself, no?

we did walk off with luggage once and never again!

unless you are up bright and early to be off the ship you will find elevators full and people queuing with luggage

as advised put your luggage out the night before clear your cabin and take your carry on/off bag to breakfast and leave the ship about 9.30-10 when the crowds have died down

We have used 'easy-walk off' plus the regular way. If you are on a higher floor, it can be really difficult to get your luggage on an elevator. Also, all the breakfast venues on disembark day are geared to getting you through quickly. You won't find all of your regular breakfast items available. If you are in a hurry to leave the ship, easy-walk off it a good way to go. Otherwise, I would let them cart your luggage off for you.

Thanks for all the replys...much appreciated!

Think we will go with the 2:30pm flight out of Seattle and put our luggage out the night before.

Now one more question: How difficult is it to find your luggage after you disembark? Is it one big free for all or is it organized?

Can you tell I'm a Norweigan newbie? lol

The luggage is grouped by the tags that are used to call people to leave the ship, usually by color. There may be a few hundred suitcases in the group. I have always used a bright colored ribbon and tied it to the handles of the suitcases. If you know your suitcase has a hot pink ribbon on the handle, it usually stands right out in the group.

One other thing. If your tag is one of the last to be called, you can not go off earlier because they don't have all the luggage out at one time. They put the first few groups out first. When those suitcases are gone, they fill up the area with the next groups to come off. So if you have a 9:30 AM tag to get off, your luggage probably will not be available until about 9:15 AM.

Breakfast on the last morning is earlier than usual...and it's not "relaxing"...at least, not like you've been used to all week! They want you GONE....and gone ASAP!

LOL agree out with the old and in with the new, pax that is.

The luggage is grouped by the tags that are used to call people to leave the ship, usually by color. There may be a few hundred suitcases in the group. I have always used a bright colored ribbon and tied it to the handles of the suitcases. If you know your suitcase has a hot pink ribbon on the handle, it usually stands right out in the group.

We haven't had any trouble finding our luggage either. I found a deal on bright pink butterfly bag tags for my granddaughters, then added them to our suitcases too! Hubby loves them now as we can always find them on the airport carousel easily. Also have used some of the wildly colored/patterned 'duck' tape to add to each side of luggage. Easy to carry with you.

Thank you so much! I will go through my ribbon stash and find the brightest color I can find. lol :)

Thank you this really helps. :)

I will look at this as a learning experience. :D

One other thing. If your tag is one of the last to be called, you can not go off earlier because they don't have all the luggage out at one time. They put the first few groups out first. When those suitcases are gone, they fill up the area with the next groups to come off. So if you have a 9:30 AM tag to get off, your luggage probably will not be available until about 9:15 AM.