speculation on change to the vifp program past guest party

With the beards so some quick bits of news

There will be more dancing of the ships news this week, the first of which will be tomorrow.

There will be some fun changes to the past guest party or VIFP party which I will be telling you about towards the end of the week.

that is a quote from John's facebook page. I wonder what's up????

LOL....wait for it.

I've only been following JH a couple of years and already over his dangling bits and over hyped announcements. He seems like a nice guy. I just think he should chill with the pre-announcements and just say what he has to say when it's ready to be said. ;)

Not one to gossip, but the one change we keep hearing may be coming, is not a good one. A smaller gathering.....

It has to get smaller! Too many repeat passengers to fit in one event. It would seem to be likely than it will go to different levels of days sailed with separate parties held at different times in smaller venues.

MARAPRINCE

I have said it before, (recently) and will say it again. I expect that they will be limiting the past guest party to platinum and diamond. My last one on Freedom was so crowded, seemed not one empty seat, that I thought then; how long will it be, before it gets zapped for golds. Oh well. That is my prediction, if it becomes reality, I will miss it, but will find something else to do/eat/drink for that hour :)

I have said it before, (recently) and will say it again. I expect that they will be limiting the past guest party to platinum and diamond. My last one on Freedom was so crowded, seemed not one empty seat, that I thought then; how long will it be, before it gets zapped for golds. Oh well. That is my prediction, if it becomes reality, I will miss it, but will find something else to do/eat/drink for that hour :)

Ugh, I hope that is not true, but you may be right. Then there is no benefit to being gold with carnival, they took away both of them :(. (Couldn't care less about free water, it comes right out of the tap). Maybe they are just going to split it up or something. The last cruise I was on it was in a smaller lounge and it wasn't even very busy, maybe half full, but I think that cruise wasn't full (I got one of the freebie ones last summer).

It has to get smaller! Too many repeat passengers to fit in one event. It would seem to be likely than it will go to different levels of days sailed with separate parties held at different times in smaller venues.

MARAPRINCE

I have never seen the room full, in fact our last Breeze cruise there were about 40 servers and maybe 250 people.

Edited by jimbo5544

I have never seen the room full, in fact our last Breeze cruise there were about 40 servers and maybe 250 people.

I guess my last cruise was an exception then. It was packed to the rafters. I admit it was the first time the thought crossed my mind that I (gold member) might be attending my last past guest party for a while. But it was definitely a packed Victoriana lounge that time, and a bit of a grab fest.

I could be way off base though, since I obviously dont cruise anywhere near as often as you and others LOL.

Edited by SMSACE6

I guess my last cruise was an exception then. It was packed to the rafters. I admit it was the first time the thought crossed my mind that I (gold member) might be attending my last past guest party for a while. But it was definitely a packed Victoriana lounge that time.

Who knows why the norm is anymore. While we have been in three cruise in four months the other two do not stick out in my head either way.

The reason I remember the breeze is I was thinking of they get less people coming to these they will cancel them. Before anyone gets fired up I have no idea what is going on.

I refuse to jump to any conclusions. But I did just fill out that survey about past guest benefits that focused on the party and asked whether benefits keep me sailing Carnival... I'm going to assume that Carnival at least realizes they needed to give something to gold members other than a pin.

My first and better-not-be-the-last past guest party this spring break on the Elation was far from packed. I doubt there were a hundred people in the room and most were gold. One diamond member was onboard. Many empty seats. However, I assumed that was mostly because it was spring break for locals and the ship was packed with families on their first or second cruise.

I refuse to jump to any conclusions. But I did just fill out that survey about past guest benefits that focused on the party and asked whether benefits keep me sailing Carnival... I'm going to assume that Carnival at least realizes they needed to give something to gold members other than a pin.

My first and better-not-be-the-last past guest party this spring break on the Elation was far from packed. I doubt there were a hundred people in the room and most were gold. One diamond member was onboard. Many empty seats. However, I assumed that was mostly because it was spring break for locals and the ship was packed with families on their first or second cruise.

I hope that you and Jimbo are right. Funny as it is; I do always look forward to and attend that party. I know it is only one hour, but I have always enjoyed it, and would certainly miss it. Let's hope that my prediction is wrong, and then I will throw away my crystal ball:D

I missed ours last week on the Pride - there was no way we were leaving the Serenety area to get to a cocktail party at 4:15. Wjhat an odd time.

I haven't been to apast guest party since they started having them so early.

I hope they split the parties for early & late seating as well as colors.

Our last past guest party was on the Freedom repo cruise. I realize that was not a typical sailing as there were two parties as there were too many diamond and platinum members much less add in all the gold to hold only one. Both parties were very well attended. No, I didn't go to both, I had a good friend that attended one.

While the venue was crowded the drinks were plentiful as were the snacks. DH has to be careful with his intake of alcohol and does best with a simple Crown and diet coke. He ordered one and within minutes it arrived. He tipped $2 and another arrived before he was 1/2 way thru his drink.

Or you get a voucher for 1 drink...

Didn't they already do that and then get rid if it?

I think giving two drink coupons would be preferable for me then a party at a really inconvenient time. Of course they will make the drinks at an inconvenient time an location like they did before where you could only get it in the brunch.

Edited by Rottweiler Puppy