speculation on change to the vifp program past guest party

I'm not sure why anyone would want to completely exclude golds. If some parties are more crowded, just continue to make two parties when there are enough gold/plat/dia on board to justify it, either by dining times or color, as long as golds still get free drinks and appetizers.

Personally, I think having a joint party (where everyone claps for the ships they've sailed and the diamond member/s are introduced) makes gold members feel like they're part of a special club and encourages them to keep sailing Carnival. I would think gold members are the bread and butter for a cruise line. We're the people who have shown some loyalty, still have many ships and itineraries we haven't sailed, and are still in the enthusiastic infatuation stage in which we tell all our friends how much we love sailing Carnival. And, red members feel like gold is within their reach if they just keep sailing, unlike platinum, so why take away all the gold benefits?

You win BEST RESPONSE! This is so true and working your way up is fun...we are now on our way to Diamond -and still in that enthusiastic stage- and, although hubby says keep quiet, anyone that's been to a past guest party knows we are dancing in the aisles and cheering our sailed ships! This could get b-o-r-i-n-g if we were split up so I hope it doesn't go that way.

Why is it labeled as "entitlement" to want things to continue as we are accustomed to? Long time cruisers have seen the party being changed slowly over time. Some of the changes are good and some are bad. But whenever you start discuss changes to one of the things you are used to having on a Carnival cruise it makes people worry about how far th change could go.

No entitlement here.. I realize I'm fortunate to live in Florida where I have 5 cruise ports to choose from and font incur the same expenses as those hundreds of miles away from even one port. We have also chosen to continue cruising when other vacation options have been available to us. Each to his own. I've earned platinum because I love to cruise. If there are benefits that add to that, great. If not- I'd still love cruising. I don't spend over $1000 on a cruise for a couple of free loads of laundry and a past guest party. I do enjoy having those things and thank carnival for them.

Wow, the entitlement here is astounding! Aren't you all so lucky that you get more than 1 week of vacation time and have all that disposable income to spend on vacations.

Maybe some of us worked very hard, two jobs even, and saved for many, many years so now we can enjoy some of the fruits of our labor. You have no idea what situations people are in, how they may have sacrificed during their early years to be able to enjoy their later years. Many jobs take people away from their loved ones for months and even years at a time, for decades, so get over it. It's not entitlement, it's reaping what we have sown.

Wow, the entitlement here is astounding! Aren't you all so lucky that you get more than 1 week of vacation time and have all that disposable income to spend on vacations.

The "entitlement" you refer to is called working hard, saving money, working overtime, giving up other things so that a cruise can be taken. Not everyone sails in a suite or wants to. Being loyal as a repeat passenger without someone twisting your arm to do so...so what is wrong with Carnival saying "thank you for your patronage"? Just good PR.

MARAPRINCE

Edited by Maraprince

Man, with some of the responses, I feel like I'm on the Royal Caribbean board!

You want to talk about flaunting status, go on one of their ships.

A Diamond Plus, Pinnacle and Suite Guest all walked into the Schooner Bar. Nothing funny happened, we only know because they told everyone within the first 90 seconds.

I have never seen the room full,

in fact our last Breeze cruise there were about 40 servers and maybe 250 people.

After you've done five or six of these events

you've done one ... you've done them all

and so it becomes an option, having watched the same old movie, etc.

I'm at the point where, if She wants to go, I'll go:

no big deal if we skip it and do something else.

Folks may be just skipping it?

Edited by Aplmac

After you've done five or six of these events

you've done one ... you've done them all

and so it becomes an option, having watched the same old movie, etc.

I'm at the point where, if She wants to go, I'll go:

no big deal if we skip it and do something else.

Folks may be just skipping it?

That's what I thought. Go figure I never knew they did two of them. Who knows.

On the the Glory in Jan we had a blast in the party! The CD made the difference along with the band and dancers. It was fun and funny. We then got to see the video and got to see the commercials for the Super Bowl (I still can not believe the one shown was not one we could vote on!).

Though we always have fun on a cruise what ever they have and we do! We definitely do not have super high expectations like we see so many have in their reviews. What they do for so many people is simply amazing to us compared to any other service in the industry! SO we do not feel entitled even though we now have to do way many more cruises than the platinum cruisers had to before under the old program to get to the platinum level. :D

Edited by code_d

I have said it before, (recently) and will say it again. I expect that they will be limiting the past guest party to platinum and diamond. My last one on Freedom was so crowded, seemed not one empty seat, that I thought then; how long will it be, before it gets zapped for golds. Oh well. That is my prediction, if it becomes reality, I will miss it, but will find something else to do/eat/drink for that hour :)

We have been thinking for a while that they would stop letting gold cards come to the party. So we are with you on this prediction.

Entitlement is a poor choice on words since it implies you getting something you haven't earned. You pay for cruising its not a subsidy. 2nd Carnival established rewards programs to CREATE LOYAL customers. That's why people don't want to lose perks for rewarding carnival back with their cruise dollars. Carnival is the winner every time we get back on board and we spend our vacation dollars with them instead of another cruise line or vacation choice. They are not giving us anything. The only way you receive additional perks is by first spending your money. Just sayin

Edited by xeroxme

We have been thinking for a while that they would stop letting gold cards come to the party. So we are with you on this prediction.

JH mentioned fun changes to the past guest party.. I really don't think eliminating gold would be "fun changes" to them... Perhaps they will revert to the old way of all past guests get to go to the party.. perhaps in two seatings.. :rolleyes:

True but knowing Carnival dont see them giving diamonds free drinks every day.

Neither do I, but is sure would a nice thing. One of the few things I like about Royal (having a son in law who is Diamond plus and piggybacked in with him when we cruised the Oasis.

Neither do I, but is sure would a nice thing. One of the few things I like about Royal (having a son in law who is Diamond plus and piggybacked in with him when we cruised the Oasis.

I've been Diamond plus for the past few cruises, and if you snuck in, that is not usually allowed in the D+ lounge. The experiences I had, was D+ only, no guests.