speculation on change to the vifp program past guest party

Just off a B-2-B aboard "Valor". Our "repeat offenders" party on both cruises was PACKED to the balcony in the big theater. I had a heck of a time getting even one drink, and the "snacks" sucked. I'm "Diamond" and the diamond get together with the Captain was held in the piano bar, on both cruises, and on both cruises there was "Standing Room Only". Over 40 Diamond cruisers on both cruises. Not a fun event by any means. IMO, they need to do something! :mad:

"SKY"

Just off a B-2-B aboard "Valor". Our "repeat offenders" party on both cruises was PACKED to the balcony in the big theater. I had a heck of a time getting even one drink, and the "snacks" sucked. I'm "Diamond" and the diamond get together with the Captain was held in the piano bar, on both cruises, and on both cruises there was "Standing Room Only". Over 40 Diamond cruisers on both cruises. Not a fun event by any means. IMO, they need to do something! :mad:

"SKY"

Wow, interesting on both ends (past guest party and Diamond event). Our diamond event (on the Breeze 4/5/15 sailing) was 4 people.

Edited by jimbo5544

"SKY"

careful what you wish for... i can see it now...

'due to complaints from our loyal repeat cruisers regarding the past guest parties being overcrowded, we've decided to suspend the past guest parties, and instead offer our valued past guests free pizza and ice cream on lido deck 24/7 so they may enjoy any time during the cruise at their convenience as thanks for your loyalty'...

brilliant :rolleyes:

We just got off the Glory on Saturday and went to the party, we are Gold. The bottom level was about 3/4 full and no one in the balcony. Never had a problem getting a drink. DH always tips the waiter $5 as soon as he comes over they always make sure we have a cocktail or drink of choice. It didn't seem like anyone was waiting for food or drinks.

That's what I heard yesterday:D

Probably what you will hear again tomorrow and the next day. Seems like everytime Carnival has something "new & exciting" they take away some of our benefits. It' getting to to the point that it is not worth the money to get to platinum or diamond.

But is really the perks that bring you back or the prices? I mean priority boarding is nice but Is it a deal breaker? A few snacks and a drink or two if you're lucky. I mean you can get free food all over the ship so it boils down to a free drink or two.

At if you need priority boarding get fttf.

In all honesty the only perk I would like it's free laundry on 5 plus day cruises.

We just got off the Glory on Saturday and went to the party, we are Gold. The bottom level was about 3/4 full and no one in the balcony. Never had a problem getting a drink. DH always tips the waiter $5 as soon as he comes over they always make sure we have a cocktail or drink of choice. It didn't seem like anyone was waiting for food or drinks.

On our last two cruises we have also tipped one waiter when he brought drinks...works well..but our last two cruises were on fantasy class ships and held in the lounge in the back of the ship...not really that many people attending...which IMHO makes for a much better party.

Many of you guessed right... From John Heald's FB page:

So here I am in Hawaii, it's 6:30pm or 12:30am Miami time. I will try and stay up for a while but feel totally drained after two very very long flights. I will be back tomorrow with news and conversation but I wanted to share the news now of a change to our VIFP party.

As a part of our new VIFP loyalty program we have decided to make some changes to the party which let’s face it has become very challenging to service properly.

Now these challenges have come about for great reasons and that is the rapid increase of the number of Gold Card holders. Many of you have seen and indeed many of you have commented on how busy the party has been and in many cases we have had to hold two parties to accommodate the large numbers of invited guests. These numbers can, on some ships pass the 1500 mark which again makes the high standards of service you expect and the standard of service that we strive to provide quite challenging.

The party also loses that intimate feel that a party that is designed to celebrate your loyalty should have and so with these reasons in mind we will 5/15 departures change to inviting only Diamond and Platinum guests to the VIFP party.

Hold on…………..before Gold card holders start to burn effigies of me in my underpants let me tell you this.

To say thank you for your loyalty we will provide each Gold card holder with a drink coupon to the value of $9 which will be usable on the last sea day of the cruise from any bar on the ship on voyages of 5 days or more. This is along with the complimentary bottle of water we already provide. Hopefully you will appreciate and enjoy this amenity and meanwhile let me thank you for your loyalty and I hope soon you will be holding your bright and shiny platinum card and be on your way to diamond.

Now for my platinum and diamond friends, the VIFP party is being revamped ready for this change. Most of the time the count will allow us to hold the party in smaller lounges to the main theater and you can look forward to a more intimate party, details coming soon. The diamond guests will continue to receive their special event with the Captain and there are no other current changes to the VIFP program.

Thank you all for your time and your loyalty, long may that continue

Cheers

John

Many of you guessed right... From John Heald's FB page:

So here I am in Hawaii, it's 6:30pm or 12:30am Miami time. I will try and stay up for a while but feel totally drained after two very very long flights. I will be back tomorrow with news and conversation but I wanted to share the news now of a change to our VIFP party.

As a part of our new VIFP loyalty program we have decided to make some changes to the party which let’s face it has become very challenging to service properly.

Now these challenges have come about for great reasons and that is the rapid increase of the number of Gold Card holders. Many of you have seen and indeed many of you have commented on how busy the party has been and in many cases we have had to hold two parties to accommodate the large numbers of invited guests. These numbers can, on some ships pass the 1500 mark which again makes the high standards of service you expect and the standard of service that we strive to provide quite challenging.

The party also loses that intimate feel that a party that is designed to celebrate your loyalty should have and so with these reasons in mind we will 5/15 departures change to inviting only Diamond and Platinum guests to the VIFP party.

Hold on…………..before Gold card holders start to burn effigies of me in my underpants let me tell you this.

To say thank you for your loyalty we will provide each Gold card holder with a drink coupon to the value of $9 which will be usable on the last sea day of the cruise from any bar on the ship on voyages of 5 days or more. This is along with the complimentary bottle of water we already provide. Hopefully you will appreciate and enjoy this amenity and meanwhile let me thank you for your loyalty and I hope soon you will be holding your bright and shiny platinum card and be on your way to diamond.

Now for my platinum and diamond friends, the VIFP party is being revamped ready for this change. Most of the time the count will allow us to hold the party in smaller lounges to the main theater and you can look forward to a more intimate party, details coming soon. The diamond guests will continue to receive their special event with the Captain and there are no other current changes to the VIFP program.

Thank you all for your time and your loyalty, long may that continue

Cheers

John

When does this take effect ? We are on the Pride next weekend May 17th and my daughter is gold . She is looking forward to the past guest party

when does this take effect ? We are on the pride next weekend may 17th and my daughter is gold . She is looking forward to the past guest party

5/15

Edited by TwizzlersAddict

Just announced that the past guest party will be for Platinum and Diamond guests only, as many people predicted. Gold guests will be given a voucher for a drink up to $9 value to be used on the last full day of the cruise, for 5 day and longer cruises.

The thing that got me with this is the original pre-announcement was like "stay tuned for FUN changes to the party" I'm thinking fun, like adding trivia or games or prizes or something. Instead it is uninviting gold members. That is not fun LOL