Suites - Room Service Dinner Menu

RLK33853

Full menu dining en suite is nice indeed -- whether it be breakfast, lunch, or dinner. So is UBD but we save that for special occasions.

To us enjoying the suite (that we've paid a pretty penny for) is part of the overall suite cruise experience.

And we totally agree that breakfast in Sabatini's is one of the very best suite perks.

Sounds like you are talking about Anytime Dining? If so I don't see an issue with going back.

Absolutely. They'll even let the TD people in for dessert or coffee later in the evening when it's not crowded.

As long as extra trips translate into extra tips, you should be fine.

Well, that goes without saying! :) My DH is in the service industry and his income is supplemented by gratuities. Folks "in the industry" are often generous tippers when the shoe is on the other foot. A week ago our restaurant tab placed an automatic 18% gratuity on our check because we were a party of seven. The service was very good, so we elected to increase the gratuity from 18 to 25%.

I'm only talking about a single return visit by the room service staff, not multiple visits as some have chosen to imply, unfortunately.

• 1 month later...

If you are in a full suite (VS or above -- suite benefits do not apply to mini-suites) you will have full MDR menu available for room service. It's a nice perk - but for breakfast be sure to do Sabatini's which is a fantastic suite benefit.

Edited by KruzeKrazy!
  • Like 1

If you are in a full suite (VS or above -- suite benefits do not apply to mini-suites) you will have full MDR menu available for room service. It's a nice perk - but for breakfast be sure to do Sabatini's which is a fantastic suite benefit.

It also applies to those booked in WS Window Suites as well.

Mike:)

• Like 1

I am currently on the Island. A couple nights ago I asked our Steward to bring us a dining room menu as we were tired from a long day in Rome. He acted like I was speaking a different language. It seemed like nobody ever asked him that before. He said he would check. 15 minutes later he knocked with a menu!

I am currently on the Island. A couple nights ago I asked our Steward to bring us a dining room menu as we were tired from a long day in Rome. He acted like I was speaking a different language. It seemed like nobody ever asked him that before. He said he would check. 15 minutes later he knocked with a menu!

Depending on the layout of the ship, some stewards only have one or two suites - so they may not have much experience with this. Our steward on the Ocean Princess only had the two forward suites on our deck - along with several non-suite cabins on the same deck. I would expect the stewards for the window suites to be more familiar with these perks, since they each have seven suites - along with some non-suite cabins on another deck.

I have not had any problem having the menus delivered automatically each evening for the next day. Ask if you are going to be using suite room service several times - or if you just want to check the menu in advance.

Any guest can enjoy "Ultimate Balcony Dining" for a fee. We enjoyed this tiwce, once while in port in Hawaii and a 2nd time while over-nighting in Cabo.

(yea, I guess you need a balcony cabin)

http://www.princess.com/learn/onboard/food_dining/ultimatebalcony/

Although the UBD is designed for the balcony I have heard about people doing the UBD in an inside stateroom where they set up a table in the room. Even with a balcony it could become windy the night of the dinner thus they put the table inside.

Tom😎

What is the standard tip for MDR delivery to a suite?

Roger

There is no standard tip per se, it is whatever you deem appropriate.

Whenever we order a meal for our suite I usually tip $5.

Mike:)

We found that, if you don't ask your cabin steward for the dining room menus, they do not bring them to your suite.

Now we tell the steward on the 1st day that we will be wanting the dining room menus. Most times they have to be reminded again & again, if they are not doing a lot of full suites. Mostly we will eat in our cabin for lunch. Always allow about 45 minutes.

It is so nice to look @ the menus ahead, even if we are going to the MDR. That way we order right away in the MDR. It saves us a lot of time. This makes my DH happy. He is not the sit awhile in the dining room kind of guy.

Then the steward was not doing his job. The menus for each day in the suite services book are supposed to be changed out daily. We always found the next day breakfast menu on our bed after the steward had done the nightly turndown service.

The new lunch and dinner menus were in the book when we returned to the room after breakfast. We are big room service users and have lunch on all the sea days on our balcony.