I Wish Princess Would

trinaM

* Route Planning team- there's an island called Puerto Rico-look it up. Plan some sailings from there so the people don't get fed up with this rut we are in, in the Caribbean. There's a s**tload of other islands we can reach this way.

Princess had such itineraries up until a couple of years ago. Problem was that they could not fill the ships as not enough people were willing to fly to Puerto Rico from the mainland.

To get the ships filled, Princess had to have fire sale pricing for people living in Puerto Rico and thus the itineraries were not as profitable as Princess wanted.

Princess had such itineraries up until a couple of years ago. Problem was that they could not fill the ships as not enough people were willing to fly to Puerto Rico from the mainland.

To get the ships filled, Princess had to have fire sale pricing for people living in Puerto Rico and thus the itineraries were not as profitable as Princess wanted.

Thanks Bill-so the People have spoken re San Juan. Bummer.

My first cruise as a passenger was on a Carnival ship out of SJ circa 1989 and in 7 days we were able to get as far down as Caracas,Venezuela via Aruba, Curacao, Grenada . I loved the itinerary.

Agreed that dumping cabins to locals in the final week is not good for the bottom line and is something RCI claim they won't be doing going forward, but we'll wait and see on that.

Norris

My first Princess cruise was on the Golden in 2004 and they sold proper "dipped" ice cream on the Lido deck. I can't stand soft-serve ice cream but love dipped ice cream, and certainly don't mind paying for it. But none of the other cruises I've been on have had it except as desert after dinner. I don't want it after dinner when I'm full.

I too miss the dipped ice cream. Since they started offering the soft serve as complimentary, they eliminated the dipped. The problem with the soft serve is it appears to be ice milk and not high quality. Guess we will have to only cruise ships with Gelato which is made with cream and is delicious!

I too miss the dipped ice cream. Since they started offering the soft serve as complimentary, they eliminated the dipped. The problem with the soft serve is it appears to be ice milk and not high quality. Guess we will have to only cruise ships with Gelato which is made with cream and is delicious!

Yes ice milk, nasty, nasty, nasty. :(

I like most things about Princess, especially the itineraries and prices. I get nice quality for a reasonable price and get to see places I never in my wildest dreams thought I would go. So no, I don't drink lattes and am perfectly happy to go up to the horizon court and get regular coffee, if it means I can still afford to travel the world while someone cleans my room twice a day and cooks me as many meals as I can eat.

As people have said everything is subjective, some people like big ships, some small ships. Some people hate to be bothered having their picture taken, others love the opportunity to remember what may have been their one and only dream trip. I have never been forced to buy anything and if it keeps the prices lower, I am ok with the current amount of hawking. I think frequent cruisers gravitate to a certain cruise line because they feel that it suits them best. So if execs at CCL take anything away from this thread it will ideas that can be easily solved while fitting in with their business plan.

That being said, I will pile on my two cents worth:

I would love to see one transatlantic voyage a year that stops in Iceland and Greenland. It was on our bucket list and we did the others first and now they don't offer it anymore.

I also agree with bringing back the "Escape Completely" slogan. I thought it was perfect, although with the amount of people that are upset with the internet, I guess escaping is not important to anyone but me.:)

Before the soft serve, that counter only sold brand name packaged ice cream (Haagen-Dazs?). But they did have the "ice cream hour" in the buffet area very afternoon where there were two or three flavors and you could make a sundae.

The "ice cream hour" disappeared when the soft serve started except on the small ships which did not have an ice cream counter.

Before the soft serve, that counter only sold brand name packaged ice cream (Haagen-Dazs?). But they did have the "ice cream hour" in the buffet area very afternoon where there were two or three flavors and you could make a sundae.

The "ice cream hour" disappeared when the soft serve started except on the small ships which did not have an ice cream counter.

It is one area that Princess could learn from Celebrity, their fresh made ice cream bar is fantastic. [not great for my waist line though].

What do you WISH princess Cruiselines would do?

Have a nicer menu in the Main Dining Rooms..

Have more Cruises from the West Coast....

What is YOUR WISH?

...sail from Baltimore and/or NYC year round!

...Have espresso makers in the cabins or at least in the suites.

They don't need to learn, they were already there once. :cool:

I remember years ago being able to get some, "To die for" Ice Cream in the MDR for desert, but not just a cone or sundae during the day. Now I seem to be able to get is soft serve.

Maybe they need to learn to go back, if they once had a hand made ice cream bar.

I remember years ago being able to get some, "To die for" Ice Cream in the MDR for desert, but not just a cone or sundae during the day. Now I seem to be able to get is soft serve.

Maybe they need to learn to go back, if they once had a hand made ice cream bar.

Princess still has several flavors of ship-made real ice cream available at every lunch and dinner in the MDR.

Only the counter near the pool has soft-serve. And, on most ships, if you ask, they do have regular chocolate and vanilla real ice cream there, but you need to ask for it.

We recently returned from a segment of a world cruise. We were so happy to see the News briefs printed each morning. When we travel we may be gone for anywhere from 14-32 days and even thou we enjoy getting away from it all, we still would like to get some news.

They also had news briefs from several different countries, USA, Canada, etc.

They used to have these available all the time, but we haven't seen these lately so it was a nice addition.

We recently returned from a segment of a world cruise. We were so happy to see the News briefs printed each morning. When we travel we may be gone for anywhere from 14-32 days and even thou we enjoy getting away from it all, we still would like to get some news.

They also had news briefs from several different countries, USA, Canada, etc.

They used to have these available all the time, but we haven't seen these lately so it was a nice addition.

Yes, they used to be on Princess and delivered to every cabin.

Then they only became available if you went to the Purser's desk and asked for them.

Then they only had one or two copies in the library.

Then they were discontinued.

Princess says they are not needed because you can get the same news from the TV in the cabin. Of course this ignores some facts:

o There is no true 24-hour a day news station anymore. The US stations may have news a few hours of the day, but the rest of the time is filled with opinion programs or crime covered ad naseum. The BBC also has some news, but will have many hours filled with single topics such as farming in India.

o There are many itineraries where no TV coverage may be available for days at a time (such as parts of the world cruise segments like the one you were on).

Princess needs to:

Have more H/C staterooms in each category. Especially balcony and Ocean View, not jus Ocean View Obstructed.

Put dress length mirrors in the H/C staterooms. The stateroom co-occupant may not be in a wheelchair/scooter/etc. and would like the full length mirror.

Have, at least, one excursion in each port that is accessible to H/C guest.

...sail from Baltimore and/or NYC year round!

Year round from NYC doesn't make sense, financially. It didn't work for Carnival, and NCL has had to reduce its fares during the winter months. Flight delays and cancellations due to weather, delayed sailings due to ice on the Hudson, traffic nightmares getting to the pier (more so than usual), etc. are just a few of the reasons they don't do very well. On top of that, the first and last day and a half of the cruise can get pretty darn cold, so on a seven day sailing, there are really only four days of somewhat warm weather (if you're lucky).

Baltimore is a slightly better choice simply because of the location of the pier...one turn off the highway and you're there. But then all the other reasons why NYC doesn't work fall into play.

Why ?? when you can just walk up to any bar on the ship and get one.

Because having the self serve soda machines has a lot more choices in soda favors than just the coke and sprite. It has all kinds of root beer and mr pibb. Things other than coke. I really loved it and now going on a Princess cruise I have read that it doesn't have any of dr pepper, mr pibb, root beer. At least as part of the soda package.