Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

Any chance this thread could get back to it's original purpose???

It's veered away many times over the course of its existence, and for my part I apologize. However I wasn't going to let someone accuse me of something I didn't do. Moreover I'm unsubscribing since I really don't need to be notified when the cards are available. Good day.

Sent from my SM-G930T using Tapatalk

Right now "big brother" knows what you are posting and your location when you posted it. Thanks to the patriot act. Same with Every text and every call. So its not an issue 51 weeks a year but its a deal breaker to stop cruising that they want to track you on a ship ? Dont shop at big box stores either they have software and cameras that track you while you are shopping. Its tracks patterns , how many people you are shopping with, approx age, your sex what you look at and if you purchase it. Dont look at the end cap monitors either, those watch you watching them. It records how long you are in front of it and if you look at the product and if you put it in your cart. I was amazed when we installed it that it could track that much info.

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

I just joined AARP - where do I find out if Carnival gift cards are available?

:confused:

Log in to rewards.aarp.org and click on the "Gift Cards" tab, then "Travel." Or the "Travel" tab, then "Travel Gift Cards." Then choose "Carnival" from the sidebar on the left. If it doesn't appear, they're not available. Occasionally, it does appear but they just sold out.

A difference of opinion does not the self righteous make. I didn't say anything of the kind. Just that I don't get the uproar. And I threw in a 3-word bit of sarcasm when I said "I mean really." And when it comes to this board, that's nothing compared to what other people get in response to opposing opinions - yours being exhibit A. I think it's pretty self-righteous of you to call me a name when I used concrete examples of the "tracking" concerns already being done with the sign and sail card. Not everyone has to like it. And not everyone has to have a problem with it. But I didn't insult anyone. You sure did.
It's veered away many times over the course of its existence, and for my part I apologize. However I wasn't going to let someone accuse me of something I didn't do. Moreover I'm unsubscribing since I really don't need to be notified when the cards are available. Good day.
The fact that you call it an "uproar" speaks volumes. In reality, there hasn't been much talk about it. At least not in the Carnival specific forums. So no, it's not an uproar. A small handful of people voicing their opinions against being tracked all over the ship does not an uproar make (;) see what I did there?) You're jumping on a small number of people who have spoken about this and accusing them of causing an uproar. So what was that about being accused of something you didn't do? Then there's tatt2ed who's a little more brash about it, to put it nicely, but you join in and basically say, "Yeah, what's wrong with these people?" The ones who are concerned about it aren't what's wrong. You know good & well what you were saying wasn't merely a difference of opinion, it was an insult to those with a differing opinion than yours. Don't get upset when someone isn't afraid to take a stand against it.

Right now "big brother" knows what you are posting and your location when you posted it. Thanks to the patriot act. Same with Every text and every call. So its not an issue 51 weeks a year but its a deal breaker to stop cruising that they want to track you on a ship ? Dont shop at big box stores either they have software and cameras that track you while you are shopping. Its tracks patterns , how many people you are shopping with, approx age, your sex what you look at and if you purchase it. Dont look at the end cap monitors either, those watch you watching them. It records how long you are in front of it and if you look at the product and if you put it in your cart. I was amazed when we installed it that it could track that much info.
You're exaggerating, but if that's what you think you have to do, then so be it. But all of the tracking that goes on in our everyday lives has a lot to do with one of the points I was making. With all the big brother action in our day to day lives, many people like the idea of getting away from it all by cruising. Now it's soon to be waiting for them on board.

The fact that you call it an "uproar" speaks volumes. In reality, there hasn't been much talk about it. At least not in the Carnival specific forums. So no, it's not an uproar. A small handful of people voicing their opinions against being tracked all over the ship does not an uproar make (;) see what I did there?) You're jumping on a small number of people who have spoken about this and accusing them of causing an uproar. So what was that about being accused of something you didn't do? Then there's tatt2ed who's a little more brash about it, to put it nicely, but you join in and basically say, "Yeah, what's wrong with these people?" The ones who are concerned about it aren't what's wrong. You know good & well what you were saying wasn't merely a difference of opinion, it was an insult to those with a differing opinion than yours. Don't get upset when someone isn't afraid to take a stand against.

I was as "upset" about it as you were when you first replied all deep in your big brother feelings over a medallion, so please. Also, there's been plenty of talk about it. Maybe your cruise conversations are limited to this board, but it's been discussed on here and in other places and already in the process of being implemented on several Princess ships. Finally, please don't quote me again as the only reason why I saw this reply from you is because I was quoted. This thread is about aarp gift cards, and I already apologized to the subscribers for taking it way off course. Maybe you should do the same and kill it. Enough already. However I doubt you will. People like you have to have the last word. So gone and talk to yourself. One of the best things about this page is the ignore feature. :*

If Carnival accepts Carnival gift cards as payment toward cruises, and if I want to use them, I would certainly have to reassess my relationship with my TA if he said it was too much work to enter the numbers.

Our entire relationship is he does the work and he gets a commission.

So it doesn't take long for the cards to come? We may order some and wanted to make sure we received them before our cruise in 6 weeks.
Oh yeah, 6 weeks is plenty of time for a single order. They take a week, give or take. If you order $500 or more, they'll be delivered UPS (instead of USPS) and will require a signature. Some people who aren't able to be home to sign for them have had them delivered to a nearby UPS store.

Allstate rewards gives the option to get the cards via email. Those are delivered almost immediately. And I've read that Verizon has recently starting offering this, but I don't know if they do it regularly. The gift cards from Verizon & AARP come from the same supplier, so maybe we'll see the e-cards with AARP soon.

Oh yeah, 6 weeks is plenty of time for a single order. They take a week, give or take. If you order $500 or more, they'll be delivered UPS (instead of USPS) and will require a signature. Some people who aren't able to be home to sign for them have had them delivered to a nearby UPS store.

Allstate rewards gives the option to get the cards via email. Those are delivered almost immediately. And I've read that Verizon has recently starting offering this, but I don't know if they do it regularly. The gift cards from Verizon & AARP come from the same supplier, so maybe we'll see the e-cards with AARP soon.

Thanks!