Aarp gift cards!!!!!!!!!!

mabones

how long does it take for the Aarp cards to arrive? next Friday need to pay off my cruise, was wondering if they would arrive by than.

I have typically gotten mine in less than a week, but you could call and ask customer service at 888-842-2891.

I have looked all over the AARP gift card site and cannot find the Carnival cards - maybe they have sold out. I've looked twice today.
The link that mjkd posted just takes me to the Rewards For Good homepage and not directly to the gift card page. If that's the case for you, login to your rewards account at http://rewards.aarp.org and click on the Gift Cards tab at the top, then click Travel. Look in the left hand side bar for Carnival (click that to get to the cards). As of right now, the $100 cards are still available. Once they sell out, or not long after, Carnival will no longer appear in the left side bar until they're available again.

Do you have to earn "points" to purchase the gift cards?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Yes. You get points for signing up, points for each time you log in (1x per day), and points for quizzes. Sometimes you will get a promotion code with your order for additional points, as well.

Do you have to earn "points" to purchase the gift cards?
Yes. You get points for signing up, points for each time you log in (1x per day), and points for quizzes. Sometimes you will get a promotion code with your order for additional points, as well.

And there are several email newsletters you can sign up for that will often include promo codes for points. I usually get a couple promo codes per week this way. It's also why I used a junk email account to sign up.

The promo codes are only worth 150 pts. and logging in once/day is only worth 50. The amount you get for taking quizzes varies, but can sometimes be worth 400 pts. It takes 1,000 points to get 10% off of one gift card. You do not have to be a paid member of AARP, just need to register a free Rewards For Good account.

Just checked "Reward for Good" and there are $100 Carnival Gift Cards Available.

Checked this morning they were sold out, just checked a little while ago and they had them available. Scored 4@$100. Now waiting patiently for the $500 so I can pay off our cruise.

Ordered and had them in 3 days. $500 cards so they used UPS. For the first time no signature was required (label said carrier leave if no response). Kind of not happy about that. $3000 in gift cards in envelopes by my front door. Wonder what would happen if they disappeared?

Ordered and had them in 3 days. $500 cards so they used UPS. For the first time no signature was required (label said carrier leave if no response). Kind of not happy about that. $3000 in gift cards in envelopes by my front door. Wonder what would happen if they disappeared?

This really surprises me that they left it. I just received my tracking from my purchase on Thursday and it is UPS and requires signature (ordered five $100 cards). The only ones I purchased in the past that did not require a signature were when I purchased less than $500 total. The one time I was not home they left a post-it on my door notifying me of the delivery attempt and date they would try again.

how long does it take for the Aarp cards to arrive? next Friday need to pay off my cruise, was wondering if they would arrive by than.

In answer to your question, the tracking for the cards I purchased on 7/27 are scheduled to be delivered by end of day on Monday 7/31. That's pretty fast considering the closest UPS location to me is 50 miles away! I believe they are only shipped UPS requiring signature when over $500 so I am unaware if the delivery time is faster or slower for say a $100 card. I ordered five $100 cards which does require signature.

Verizon is doing away with Smart Rewards. I hope AARP won't do the same.

Verizon is replacing their current rewards system with a new one, so I don't think this is a trend.

One thing to note for Verizon customers is that they're not allowing current points to be carried over to the new system, but they are giving their customers until Oct. 31st to use their points.

Verizon is replacing their current rewards system with a new one, so I don't think this is a trend.

One thing to note for Verizon customers is that they're not allowing current points to be carried over to the new system, but they are giving their customers until Oct. 31st to use their points.

And where am I going to come up with the $12K plus to convert my 135K plus points into Carnival Gift cards by Oct 31st ????

And where am I going to come up with the $12K plus to convert my 135K plus points into Carnival Gift cards by Oct 31st ????

I'm in a similar spot and I'll buy some Carnival gift cards, but I've already paid off 3 of my future Carnival cruises. Maybe I'll buy a few more for on board expenses, but it looks like I'll lose most of my points.