JT:D

Edited by jtwanabe

I leave tomorrow. I always forget something that I should

bring. Like nightlights for the bathroom. (seems silly but it

really helps)

What would you remind me not to forget. :rolleyes:

So funny you should post this.

I just finished reading the post about using tealights or tap lights for the bathroom. A note for that is now in my "cruise" folder.

Dont forget your documentation, birth cert, driver licence or passport if needed.

Credit card, or cash for your onboard expenses.

Also do not forget any perscription meds, but also try to remember things like tylenol, polysporin etc, for minor but often sudden surprises that arrise on vacation.

A multi pronged plug outlet. Not a power strip as it is too bulky just a plug with 3 or so outlets.

Pads and pens. Business cards.

Extra batteries for camera etc.

Electric alarm clock from home.

A lot a small bills for tips and establishments a shore that may not have change for large bills.

Band aids.

Individually wrapped Hershey bars and Tootsie Roll Suckers to leave each day for our cabin steward with a small tip (maybe 4-5 bucks - in addition to our normal tipping that goes on to our sign and sail...).

I read this tip before my last cruise and decided to try it - our cabin steward loved the little extra goodies! Seems like such a small thing to us but she seemed to really appreciate the token.

We also stick in an over the door shoe hanger with clear pockets to keep us organized (a must have when all 5 of us cruise).

We also pack small amounts of the following - seems like we always need stuff.....

1. duct tape (I roll a small amount around a golf pencil - not the whole roll) - one year our suitcase split (no doubt I overloaded) as we were hauling it off the ship - my husband found the pencil, duct taped the suitcase and we were off. It even survived the flight home!!

2. Power strip - we finally bought the one CC folks recommend (Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports on Amazon.com - about $17.00)

3. 3-4 of those giant black binder clips

4. Travel Lysol spray

(I douse the entire room before we begin to unpack.)

The biggest thing I have changed from my first cruises is to cut the amount of clothes that I pack to about half. I ALWAYS pack too much! We cruise in June and I have pledged to conquer that one!

Oh - and a great attitude - it really is the best thing to take with you. :)

Have fun!!

really helps)

I forgot my bathing suit top, antacids and should've brought more sunscreen. It was my first time using spray on sunscreen, didn't realize how fast it goes. Hope you do better than I did!

I bring a can of bed bug killing spray.

My dad who has been in pest control for years hears horror stories all the time. I spray my luggage first and then spray the room.

Power strip

Money

Documents

Extra underwear

Medicines like Advil, tums, Imodium, bonine, dayquil, and Nyquil

Sunglasses

An appetite

Condoms(what's up ladies)

There's something else but I can't seem to remember now ;)

do not forget to set your Alarm Clock tonight. It will ruin your day if you over sleep tomorrow.

Bob

Alarm clock is good.

Woke up, overslept, so much for starting the day with no regrets

really helps)

Only two items are mandatory. Money and appropriate ID. Everything else can be replaced.

Individually wrapped Hershey bars and Tootsie Roll Suckers to leave each day for our cabin steward with a small tip (maybe 4-5 bucks - in addition to our normal tipping that goes on to our sign and sail...).

I read this tip before my last cruise and decided to try it - our cabin steward loved the little extra goodies! Seems like such a small thing to us but she seemed to really appreciate the token.

We also stick in an over the door shoe hanger with clear pockets to keep us organized (a must have when all 5 of us cruise).

We also pack small amounts of the following - seems like we always need stuff.....

1. duct tape (I roll a small amount around a golf pencil - not the whole roll) - one year our suitcase split (no doubt I overloaded) as we were hauling it off the ship - my husband found the pencil, duct taped the suitcase and we were off. It even survived the flight home!!

2. Power strip - we finally bought the one CC folks recommend (Belkin 3-Outlet Mini Travel Swivel Charger Surge Protector with Dual USB Ports on Amazon.com - about $17.00)

3. 3-4 of those giant black binder clips

4. Travel Lysol spray

(I douse the entire room before we begin to unpack.)

The biggest thing I have changed from my first cruises is to cut the amount of clothes that I pack to about half. I ALWAYS pack too much! We cruise in June and I have pledged to conquer that one!

Oh - and a great attitude - it really is the best thing to take with you. :)

Have fun!!

Actually this "hint" about candy for the crew members often comes up. Honestly, do you think they would rather have candy than money? They could be allergic to chocolate or simply don't eat it. If you stick with money, they can purchase their desired treats in the crew members' store or on a day off in port. The cabin steward you gave candy to on the last cruise certainly wouldn't tell you they can't eat it or that it's not necessary. But just smile and say thanks, even if they could be saying to themselves, oh, no, not another candy that's not on my diet.

And really, the big thing is to take only about half of the clothing you first think about taking, but also don't take every doodad that is mentioned on this site. I have never regretted not taking a power strip nor an over-the-door organizer.