Guarantee cabin

sandancer

While we are seasoned cruisers we are about to take our first Cunard cruise. We have chosen a guarantee and would like to ask all you regular Cunarders for advice. Any idea when we will be allocated a cabin. Until we do I understand we will not have access to edocs and as this cruise is at the end of a longer trip it might not be so easy to print our paperwork. I am assuming from past cruises on other lines that you have to present your docs at pier check in. Anyone help with this?

Many thanks

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

While we are seasoned cruisers we are about to take our first Cunard cruise. We have chosen a guarantee and would like to ask all you regular Cunarders for advice. Any idea when we will be allocated a cabin. Until we do I understand we will not have access to edocs and as this cruise is at the end of a longer trip it might not be so easy to print our paperwork. I am assuming from past cruises on other lines that you have to present your docs at pier check in. Anyone help with this?

Many thanks

You will usually get a cabin a few weeks before sailing but it could be that you don't know your cabin number until you check in. You should still be able to print out your e ticket though.

Thank you. The reservation page on the website is saying that edocs are not available as we don't have a cabin number so there is nothing to print. The cruise is at the end of June.

Thank you. The reservation page on the website is saying that edocs are not available as we don't have a cabin number so there is nothing to print. The cruise is at the end of June.

That does not sound right?

Should be able to print Doc's with cabin assigned as TBA ?

Worth a phone call to Cunard .

It was the same for us.

Our cabin was allocated two weeks before departure (we are on the 3 June cruise, our cabin was assigned on 18 May) and only after the cruise was assigned were we able to print edocs.

Do you have an iPad ? I'm wondering would it be possible to bring up your e docs on your tablet when they are ready and show it to the agent at check-in ?

Explain to the check-in staff that you have been travelling around and do not have access to a printer ;)

At check-in the Cunard agents usually take just a 'cursory glance' at the paper work, it's the passport details that they seem more interested in , swiping the passport and handing back to the guest their paper ticket.

Additional luggage labels (Cunard Southampton) are often available from the porters (in the area just near the luggage conveyer belt.

Good Luck :)

It was the same for us.

Our cabin was allocated two weeks before departure (we are on the 3 June cruise, our cabin was assigned on 18 May) and only after the cruise was assigned were we able to print edocs.

We also booked a "guaranteed" cabin. This is the first time for us to use this method. Otherwise, we have stayed in one, or the other, of our two favorite cabins for our last 5 crossings!!! Oh, what Fuddyduddies we are!

We are a tad nervous to be at the mercy of Cunard's choosing, but the price was so darn good and it's added an element of adventure to our next voyage.

Thank you, Piggeldy, for giving us an idea of "what to expect" in the way of a room assignment date...

Edited by jimmybean

We have also got a guarantee sheltered balcony for our 21 June transatlantic. No cabin number showing yet but we know after 32 cruises and never getting upgraded once, that we will be in the lowest category of sheltered balcony. Not worried whereabouts on the ship we are though but would just like a cabin number 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Hi. With a guaranteed cabin your actual cabin number is not usually allocated until 2 or 3 weeks before you are due to sail. We were allocated a cabin last Wednesday for our upcoming cruise on June 16th.

You are usually advised to delay printing e-ticket and labels until as late as possible as details can change.

We have known people arrive at check-in to be told of an upgrade.

Think you may need to try and print off the information whilst on you prior cruise.

Enjoy.

Thanks. Did you get the cabin you hoped for?

We got what we paid ;)

Had hoped for at least a tiny upgrade and got an IE. We'll be alright.

(No really, the price was great. Sleeping on a trundle bed in the engine room would have been fine with me.)

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Forums mobile app

Hi. With a guaranteed cabin your actual cabin number is not usually allocated until 2 or 3 weeks before you are due to sail. We were allocated a cabin last Wednesday for our upcoming cruise on June 16th.

You are usually advised to delay printing e-ticket and labels until as late as possible as details can change.

We have known people arrive at check-in to be told of an upgrade.

Think you may need to try and print off the information whilst on you prior cruise.

Enjoy.

We have always booked "Gurantee Balcony", and have always been exceedingly happy with allocation , even with Cunard. Allocation usually notified about 4 -6 weeks prior to sailing(Cunard the shortest lead time), but this year for sailing we got allocation only on friday last 29 May. Modest upgrade on each occasion this time from BF TO BB ( QV 7113) Good luck and Bon voyage!!

gfs1ram - just out of interest, was the cabin you were allocated in the category you booked or above?

Hi. The cabin allocated was the same as the minimum we were guaranteed. To date we have never had any problem with 'guaranteed' cabins and have been given slight upgrades on occasions.

We just booked a cruise for November 2 weeks ago with GC grade We booked two staterooms and one has already been allocated a room number. When we did QE at Christmas GC as soon as the TA hit send after payment the documents came back with the stateroom number on. When we have done P&O we have had to wait till about 2 weeks before we go to get the allocation. There doesn't seem no rhyme or reason.

Edited by HellouB

Received our cabin allocation today for our cruise on QV on 27th June.Booked lowest grade of balcony (part obstructed ) and upgraded to no obstruction at the stern. Very happy bunny.:)Thank you very much Cunard !

Got our allocation as well. Booked a sheltered balcony guarantee and got 4048 which might be 1 or 2 sheltered balcony grades higher. 33rd cruise and still waiting for a decent free upgrade. Ah well we will enjoy it whatever and we are near the MDR 😄

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Received our cabin allocation today for our cruise on QV on 27th June.Booked lowest grade of balcony (part obstructed ) and upgraded to no obstruction at the stern. Very happy bunny.:)Thank you very much Cunard !

Well we are on the QE on the 30th. Just 3 days later so perhaps we will have ours soon.

I booked the lowest balcony guarantee for July 30 on QM2, and have had a cabin allocated, the highest sheltered balcony category. My cruise is 7 weeks away.

Funny, how some get allocated quicker than others. I'm happy with the location as well...it is mid-ship.

:D