Luggage Tags

ayranya

The luggage tags are printed on an 8 1/2 inch by 11 inch piece of paper. They are folded twice along the long edge of the paper so that they end up 11 inches long and approximately 2.8 inches wide. The cabin/name information is printed on both the bottom and top. Simply take a sheet of paper, fold it twice along the long edge so now it is 1/3 as wide as you started and you have the tag. Quite simple.

If the tags do not quite fit your holder, you can trim them a bit; just make sure the cabin numbers & your names are readable.

We have plenty of 2-inch wide transparent tape. This has always worked for us.

Can someone post your luggage tag in .pdf so I can print them and determine if the luggage tag holders I have will work. I would appreciate it.

To the extent you need strictly what you originally requested and the above responses aren't satisfactory, if you're inclined to provide your email address [spread out in a format mirroring this, "j b l o w at y a h o o" so it isn't auto-deleted] I'm happy to send you a heavily-redacted copy of my luggage tag since I have it with me here at work for next month's sailing.

We've done this test several times:

We have suitcases with two handles. On one I put a luggage tag sealed with clear packing tape. On the other handle I just did the as instructed folding of the paper with no other protection.

Guess what! The unprotected ones were not damaged either. It's amazing how strong paper is when folded three times. ;)

LuLu

To the extent you need strictly what you originally requested and the above responses aren't satisfactory, if you're inclined to provide your email address [spread out in a format mirroring this, "j b l o w at y a h o o" so it isn't auto-deleted] I'm happy to send you a heavily-redacted copy of my luggage tag since I have it with me here at work for next month's sailing.

I'm home now so this will have to wait until Monday. I hope it is of some service to you.

Not an answer to the OPs question, which has been completely answered above (they're 1/6 the size of a sheet of paper, folded in thirds the long way), but just a comment about the purchased luggage tag holders...

I resisted these for a long time, mostly because of a personal aversion to buying unnecessary things, which they are. But we had several instances of the paper tags being torn off before the luggage was delivered to our cabin. I always duct tape our names, cell phone numbers, ship and cabin number to the outside of every suitcase before we leave home, and that signage is likely the only reason we actually received our "untagged" suitcase without additional effort on our part. But I finally caved and purchased some luggage tag holders through eBay (really cheaply, less expensive than on the ship or through Serendipity).

I love them.

Not only are they so much easier, but, last winter, when we ended up changing our plans time and again, and moved off and on ships, they were a wonder. No need to have a stapler; in fact, no need to print the luggage tags from our Cruise Personalizer. One time we boarded the Pacific Princess and I simply wrote our names and cabin number on pieces of paper...and stuck them in the plastic holders.

We've had luggage tags in the past that were ruined after one flight. These are made softer, more pliable, and are more forgiving than those were. We've now used them for four embarkations and they're still like new.

(Just in case that helps anyone else who is resistant to purchasing unnecessary things.)

Edited by PescadoAmarillo

I resisted the plastic holders until the end of last year when in a moment of weakness I purchased a set of 8 on eBay. These are a heavy grade of clear plastic and will be useable for years. I put one on each checked suitcase, carry-on, my backpack and even Dudette's wheelchair.

We've done this test several times:

We have suitcases with two handles. On one I put a luggage tag sealed with clear packing tape. On the other handle I just did the as instructed folding of the paper with no other protection.

Guess what! The unprotected ones were not damaged either. It's amazing how strong paper is when folded three times. ;)

LuLu

LuLu,

I always use clear tape over the paper tags, not to add strength but for some protection in case of rain. Printer ink tends to run when wet.

Can someone post your luggage tag in .pdf so I can print them and determine if the luggage tag holders I have will work. I would appreciate it.

Lots of advice to use holders -- which is seems like you already have

decided to do.

I have attached a jpg of the page format. Just print it at 8.5x11

and you will have a sample.

Although, you can probably see from looking at it -- if you simply

fold an 8.5x11 sheet of paper in thirds (the long way), and then

in half (the short way), you have the size. (Just look at the

diagram in the left column)

Sample_Luggage.jpg.4ec9494d2968311cbcbdf56fa84cac1f.jpg

We've used these for several cruises now. They are great and well worth the money.

I should have mentioned it's a good idea to apply the tags before your flight.

Stuff happens with air lines. Bags are occasionally misrouted.