Carry-on...What do you use??

mycomputer

Hello all,

With the "bottle" rule changes, which we have no problem with those, (I've already ordered water on-line) But curious to know what everybody uses to carry on their items, and what items other than their designated soda/liquor amounts, do you "carry" on? (a bag, a suitcase, a wagon) I'm also seeing post saying "carry on" your suits. Because our luggage might be a little bit(were doing FTTF). I just didn't want to look like a "crazy cruzer" with a huge amount trying juggle getting aboard and navigating to our cabin and/or getting lunch. lol

Any suggestions would be great. :rolleyes::):confused:

Hi,

Not sure I understand your question?

We have FTTF but we are low key folks and have always just carried on all of our luggage.

We each have a wheeled suitcase and in addition one of us has a backpack(usually me). We don't bring on water or soda but we do usually bring the one bottle of wine each. That's usually in the backpack.

Hi,

Not sure I understand your question?

We have FTTF but we are low key folks and have always just carried on all of our luggage.

We each have a wheeled suitcase and in addition one of us has a backpack(usually me). We don't bring on water or soda but we do usually bring the one bottle of wine each. That's usually in the backpack.

You don't have to check your luggage? You can wheel it on yourself? I did not know this! I think I rather just bring my luggage on myself!

I don't carry anything on. Wife takes her purse with documents and I just take my wallet and phone which I will quickly turn off and put in safe as soon as I get to our room. I'm on vacation and don't want to carry anything.

You don't have to check your luggage? You can wheel it on yourself? I did not know this! I think I rather just bring my luggage on myself!

It has to fit through the scanner.

The allowed dimensions are posted somewhere on Carnivals site.

If you pack in carry on size luggage, then you can carry it all on.

Hello all,

With the "bottle" rule changes, which we have no problem with those, (I've already ordered water on-line) But curious to know what everybody uses to carry on their items, and what items other than their designated soda/liquor amounts, do you "carry" on? (a bag, a suitcase, a wagon) I'm also seeing post saying "carry on" your suits. Because our luggage might be a little bit(were doing FTTF). I just didn't want to look like a "crazy cruzer" with a huge amount trying juggle getting aboard and navigating to our cabin and/or getting lunch. lol

Any suggestions would be great. :rolleyes::):confused:

since you have FTTF you just need to carry on the soda in cans or wine. I use a gym bag type of bag

your luggage will be swiftly sent to your room with FTTF

From Carnival's "F.A.Q." section:

For those guests who wish to carry-on their luggage, it cannot exceed 16"H x 24"W (40.64cm x 60.96cm); there are no length restrictions; anything larger must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

Hope this helps.:)

Your luggage has to be small enough to fit through the scanner. Carry on is like what you would carry on to an airliner. At some check in locations there's a sign that says size of luggage must fit into this area. If it's too big, you'll have to check it in with the porters. Luggage shows up fairly quickly at your cabin.

The size of the suitcase is much larger than what is allowed onto an airplane. In fact we have seen some VERY large cases being wheeled onto the ship.

We have found we can easily fit everything in and we prefer to know where our luggage is at all times. IF you can handle your suitcase then there is no problem taking it on and off the ship yourself.

We use a small rolling tote bag for me and a regular luggage tote bag for DH. His bag will attach and set on top of the roller one. Thus there's just one item to "park" while we wait for the cabins to become available.

We each pack our toiletries in our respective totes as well as a change of clothes and a bottle of wine. We also used to carry on, in one of the totes, a 6-pack of water for soaking dental appliances but we'll now gladly order it online before we sail.

Take into consideration the often LOOOONNNNNGGGG and often uphill embarkation process. Zig zagging up, up, up, LOOOONNNNNGGGG and steep ramps. Dragging anything that's not necessary becomes a chore. I use a small rolling carry-on something or other, and my "purse" is a small softsided backpack, which is also useful for going ashore at ports.

The best advice...less is better.

We put our cokes in a rolling "airline sized carry-on" which has a handle and two wheels so it rolls cart-style. We check any other bags on but we do self-assist at debarkation so we haul everything off with us.

On our last cruise, I checked a suit case that was slightly larger than the airline carry-on sized. I put the carry-on we used for drinks inside the larger suitcase for debarkation.

We bring 12 packs of cherry pepsi. We pack a collapsable luggage carrier (it weights 3 pounds and carries 120 pounds) in our luggage and take it out before handing the luggage off to the porters. We put the pepsi on the carrier and strap it on with 2 bungie cords. The whole thing can be lifted onto the scanner.

We never bring wine, soda etc on board. DH goes to be waited on, not fix drinks.

We always bring a laptop, so one of the carry on bags is my Samsonite Laptop case. It rolls, has room for the laptop and I pack a change of clothes, flip flops and a bathing suit and a cover up for each of us in case the luggage is late arriving DH brings a backpack that has wheels. He brings both of our toiletry cases and my jewelry case.

Thankfully since I am Diamond and he is Platinum, we can take it straight to the room, hang up the clothes, put the jewelry, passports and wallets in the safe and get on with vacation.

We (party of two) are each carrying on a small wheeled suitcase.

My husband will also have a small backpack with his CPAP in it. I will have a beach bag with our carry-on drinks (18-24 cans and two bottles of wine) and my small purse. If hubby can fit the wine in his backpack he will. It is all easy to stack and roll around. I have the type of suitcase with four wheels that can be rolled upright without tipping it so it will take most of the weight of the drinks until we get to the room.

In the suitcases will be swimsuits, medications, toiletries (my contacts and glasses and toothbrush,e tc), and two changes of clothes.

Additionally we will check one hard-sided suitcase between the two of us with non-essentials (snorkeling gear, hair dryer, formal wear, makeup, more clothes and shoes, etc).

If our luggage was left at the pier we couldn't go to elegant night and I might have to have wet hair, but otherwise we could survive the cruise without spending too much money.

If our luggage was left at the pier we couldn't go to elegant night and I might have to have wet hair, but otherwise we could survive the cruise without spending too much money.

We once saw a woman come running to guest services and demand to be let off because they left all their luggage in the car. We were still docked but the ramps had been pulled. They first said if they let her off there is no way she would have time to return. When she said she would rather get off and not go at all without her luggage, they told her the doors were closed and couldn't be reopened. She just sat in the lobby and cried. We saw her and her family a few times during the cruise wearing all Carnival logo stuff.

We are also doing FTTF for the first time on our upcoming cruise. I'm thinking it will be really nice as we are traveling with our two DDs, 6 and 2.

For our carryons, we use the same bags that we took on the plane. DH takes a backpack that has all his camera gear, iPad, chargers, etc. Basically all our tech gear, plus a Camelbak bladder we can fill with water and ice to take ashore.

I use our L.L.Bean beach bag as my carryon. I've got diapers and wipes, a couple of snacks, swimming suits, my Kindle and a small cross body bag with all our documents.

We'll also have a stroller this time for DD2. I'm not planning on bringing soda, but if I was I'd probably just carry it on by itself. Since the cabin will be ready, you can just go throw it in the room before you start exploring.

We fly so have our rolling carry on bags we take on to the plane. Always leave room to add some soda. I hear they are trying to restrict the sizes even more. I sure hope not. Costs so much to fly now, and if we have to pay for checked bags it will only be that much worse.

We all take a small carryon with electronics, laptop, chargers, medications, one day worth of clothes and drinks/wine. Basicaly enough to carry us over 24 hrs incase luggage issue. We have seen issues with lost luggage and that can ruin your trip for a couple of days.

We also cross pack meaning that we spread out everyones clothes in multiple bags.