"BRILLIANT" change to Fun times

taki183

They will not be in time order but by activity type

Where did you see what the change was to be? I read JH's post saying he would be posting a sample of the new Funtimes for opinions TOMORROW! I also just checked his site again and there is nothing there from him regarding it being by activity.

Please post source.

Where did you see what the change was to be? I read JH's post saying he would be posting a sample of the new Funtimes for opinions TOMORROW! I also just checked his site again and there is nothing there from him regarding it being by activity.

Please post source.

Saw it in comments to his post. Seems like it is changing from what they tried out on a ship.

That is horrible. Why can't they still have them listed by time, at least on the rip off part? It is nice to list activities by type and I can see how that will be good for some people but it makes it more difficult to plan out your day. You may end up picking 2 or 3 things that have times overlapping. That wouldn't happen if things were listed by time. I don't think there was any problem with the FunTimes before so I don't get why they are changing it at all.

I also saw JH ask whether people would want it on paper or downloadable. They better not go to a downloadable version as their only "free" version since it isn't free at all to download something in the middle of the ocean. Plus, I enjoy not having to carry my phone with my on the ship. I have no use for it! I can just see this as their next cutback that they try to sell as being environmentally friendly and blame us for not using the paper versions. :rolleyes:

That is horrible. Why can't they still have them listed by time, at least on the rip off part? It is nice to list activities by type and I can see how that will be good for some people but it makes it more difficult to plan out your day. You may end up picking 2 or 3 things that have times overlapping. That wouldn't happen if things were listed by time. I don't think there was any problem with the FunTimes before so I don't get why they are changing it at all.

I also saw JH ask whether people would want it on paper or downloadable. They better not go to a downloadable version as their only "free" version since it isn't free at all to download something in the middle of the ocean. Plus, I enjoy not having to carry my phone with my on the ship. I have no use for it! I can just see this as their next cutback that they try to sell as being environmentally friendly and blame us for not using the paper versions. :rolleyes:

On the Breeze it was free to download. I never bought a package. If you connected to the wifi without a package, it would take you to a page where you could buy one and there were a few free sites shown as well. The Funtimes was one of them. The problem is, they were very bad about uploading the Funtimes. There was no choice on which one to download, the link was directly to the PDF. Generally that days Funtimes wasn't uploaded until around mid-day, way too late.

If it had been promptly uploaded, it may have been useful.

Saw it in comments to his post. Seems like it is changing from what they tried out on a ship.

Do these posters have inside information or are they all just guessing? JH said that tomorrow they would unveil a "proposed" new Funtimes design. He said nothing about changing from times to activities.

I can see a thread with speculation on what the changes might be, however this is not a Carnival source that is stating the changes. The OP's title makes it seem like it is a done deal and they know all about it.

As for making it only downloadable, I don't see that happening. There are still a lot of people who either don't have smartphones or don't use them for pictures so do not carry them around on vacation.

They better not go to a downloadable version as their only "free" version since it isn't free at all to download something in the middle of the ocean.

the fun hub type items, and carnival.com (including funville forums and such) are free while on the ship in the middle of the ocean. whether you or others would like that, is an entirely different matter.

fwiw i wouldn't want to see it go to a phone / tablet only version regardless.

They can't get rid of paper copy. Too many people go phone free. I could see them stop leaving a copy in every cabin' date=' and if you want one, you can pick it up. As long as they are available to pick up after dinner for the next day's schedule.[/quote']

I am one of those phone free people when on a cruise ship!

I wonder if they'll group all the "extra $" stuff together so I can skip right on over it all. I feel like half of the Fun Times is now extra fee activities or advertising for their revenue generators and so on. Oh, there are 5 activities of bingo today? And not one of them free? Pass. I don't even need a prize. Maybe I just want to play bingo! :(

They will not be in time order but by activity type

Just out of sheer curiosity why do you spend time on the Carnival forum if you dislike them (evident by your "ABC" reference and your avatar stating "Unfun ships."? Again, just curious.

I think I would also prefer it by time. I've always taken the tear-off and marked the things I wanted to do then fill in the gaps as needed. Perhaps they could use different color text to categorize activities, but leave them in time order? I'm not really sure what the categories would be though?

Just out of sheer curiosity why do you spend time on the Carnival forum if you dislike them (evident by your "ABC" reference and your avatar stating "Unfun ships."? Again, just curious.

Trolls gotta troll. But, some people need to feel the rage, so it works.

People get all worked over posts like this. Heck, it went from listed by activity to raging over getting rid of paper copies.

Well, played, OP.