Carnival Breeze moving to Texas Splendor taking over

And I'm not happy right now about this change.

Not sure If we want to sail on the Splendor. I hope the price makes it well worth the changing of the ships for us. If not we may totally cancel.

I know this happen, and it's not just affecting me. But we relly wanted to cruise on the Breeze

Incase anyone was curious... I just got off the phone with my PVP... she said the new itineraries for the Breeze should be posted in a couple of days. I booked yesterday for a May cruising on the Breeze so this is a bit funny to me but as long as the ports are not too bad I plan on staying on the Breeze, the Splendor is just no comparison.

Edited by Amos83

Texas Seems to have the cheapest fares going

Port Canaveral the highest

they send not so good ships to PC

All of the good ones to Texas.

What is going on??????

Texas fares are cheap because they can only sail the western Caribbean. Most people want to tour the eastern. Better ports and beaches etc.

Incase anyone was curious... I just got off the phone with my PVP... she said the new itineraries for the Breeze should be posted in a couple of days. I booked yesterday for a May cruising on the Breeze so this is a bit funny to me but as long as the ports are not too bad I plan on staying on the Breeze, the Splendor is just no comparison.

Agree. Been on the Splendor. My least favorite ship. No comparison to the Breeze. We won't book the Splendor again.

Texas fares are cheap because they can only sail the western Caribbean. Most people want to tour the eastern. Better ports and beaches etc.

Agreed, personally this may work out in my favor as I've been wanting to switch things up a little and visit the Western side since for the most part all I've done is the Eastern side.

I'm so sorry to hear this for you.

I am booked on the Breeze for January 2016 and do not usually sail CCL and booked

this trip for both the ship and ports (in that order). I would not be happy if I was told after getting my airfare and finally deciding on a ship that it has been changed.

I love CC for just this type of information. It helps us all.

Sorry and thank you.

I was planning on booking the Splendor for May 2016 - was just waiting to book when we were on the Glory in October so I could get the OBC. Does anyone know what ship will be replacing Splendor in Miami and if it will keep the same itinerary?

We are booked on a B2B on the Breeze from April 9 to the 23. I would be so NOT HAPPY if that had been changed. And I look at these boards pretty much everyday and this is the first I've heard any plans of the Breeze moving. I figured it would stay put until the Vista came to Miami.

OH this is terrible! I am so sorry to hear this happened to you. I would be so upset. I mean, many many people who cruise book airfare. I have mime booked already for my January cruise. I booked my Breeze cruise for the combination of the ports and the ship. The ship itself is amazing, but the ports were great too. I would not want to move to a western route and it would be very inconvenient to move my embarkation port at this point.

With so many people who plan their vacations out far in advance or plan them our around their closest home port, Carnival is going to have some very unhappy guests.

We received the same email for our May 15th cruise. We're really not interested in cruising on the Splendor--for us there's no comparison! We booked 3 rooms on the Breeze for both the ship and the itinerary. We might end up following her to Galveston depending on the itinerary and if the pricing compares to what we booked previously.

We're cruising with 4 20-somethings--3 whom have never cruised before. I'd rather have them cruise on the Breeze with the hopes of them turning into cruise addicts too! :D

Edited by michigyrl

We received the same email for our May 15th cruise. We're really not interested in cruising on the Splendor--for us there's no comparison! We booked 3 rooms on the Breeze for both the ship and the itinerary. We might end up following her to Galveston depending on the itinerary and if the pricing compares to what we booked previously.

We're cruising with 4 20-somethings--3 whom have never cruised before. I'd rather have them cruise on the Breeze with the hopes of them turning into cruise addicts too! :D

It will do the Key West, Freeport, Nassau route and the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel route and the Belize, Roatan and Cozumel route.

It will do the Key West, Freeport, Nassau route and the Jamaica, Grand Cayman, Cozumel route and the Belize, Roatan and Cozumel route.

Thank you! Hoping it's the Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel route as it would be the same that we had previously. Not so interested in Jamaica but would like to keep GC and Coz.

WAA HOOO!! Galveston is my home port!!! And I'm cruising on the Breeze in November for that great itinerary - Aruba, Curacoa, Grand Turk and DR. YIPPEEE!!!

Edited by cynt

I've cruised both ships and IMO Splendor is not a comparable replacement for Breeze. If I were booked on one of the affected sailings I'd definitely cancel. I'm glad I got a chance to try Breeze before she moved. I'm also very surprised to see so many ships in Galveston.

This is so wrong. Galveston cruises are higher priced than Miami. They have a limited amount of space. If anything the cost of a Galveston cruise is more expensive than a Miami cruise. I can readily find the same length cruises leaving from Miami cheaper.

This is so wrong. Galveston cruises are higher priced than Miami. They have a limited amount of space. If anything the cost of a Galveston cruise is more expensive than a Miami cruise. I can readily find the same length cruises leaving from Miami cheaper.

I agree....there have been times I can book air from Dallas and a cruise from Florida cheaper than Galveston. Hopefully with more/larger ships the cruise rates From Galveston will drop....

Texas Seems to have the cheapest fares going

Port Canaveral the highest

they send not so good ships to PC

All of the good ones to Texas.

What is going on??????

That is not true. Texas fares are actually one of the highest out of Carnival's ports. If fares were cheap Carnival wouldn't have added a 3rd ship. I pay more for cruises out of Texas then PC or New Orleans.

WAA HOOO!! Galveston is my home port!!! And I'm cruising on the Breeze in November for that great itinerary - Aruba, Curacoa, Grand Turk and DR. YIPPEEE!!!

You might want to curb that enthusiasm! :o There are lots of folks - me included - who are less than happy to have lost our booking of the Breeze and itinerary! :cool:

Edited by happy cruzin

The Magic takes an eastern route on some sailings, but to your point.

We've sailed from Galveston for the bulk of our vacations; it's 45min from driveway to unloading luggage and even on the Celebration the cruise was fun.

Carnival needs Galveston, more important they need the 5 million people that have taken fewer than 2 cruises living 4 hours or less drive time here. While not scientific, I've stood on the deck above one of the dining rooms on every Carnival ship sailing from here and witnessed a sea of blue cards. When we sailed the Glory from your backyard leaving Boston the past guest party was overflowing.

As long as the product attracts new people the need to spend $$$ on past guest parties for more passengers goes down. New cruisers spend more cash board, gamble more, and drink more. Our floating host needs that.

Simply put, Carnival could move three of the Fantasy class ships here and stagger sailing dates and they'd sail full. The prices swing high and low about the same as other ports, and lots of coconut monkeys sit under lounge chairs on sea days.

Two down for 2015, two more booked.

Edited by BallFour4