MSC Seaside Interior Renderings

Mikesa1721

Ernie ... I saw a post from MSC some time back that said the Aft lower pool would have a floor that slides across the pool and a possible retractable large screen, maybe that is the area they mean.

Looking at today`s latest onboard pictures I would be amazed if the ship is finished on time ... :o

Did that MSC post refer to the somewhat aft pool on Deck 16, or the completely aft pool on Deck 7? I'm not sure the aft cabins would appreciate the Deck 7 pool turned into a nightclub.

I'm thinking it's the Deck 16 pool that will make this transformation. Plus the large screen is there. Doesn't look retractable but who knows.

It's funny ships at this stage of construction look so far off, but they somehow pull it off. The major stuff is done. It's all decorative and finish work now, then the loading of all the furniture and provisions.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

ER ... The story was about the Aft pool on 7, it said the screen would be behind the pool on the back of the ship, it could also be that 16 will be the disco that you mentioned.

I agree that some work can be done fairly quick, the pool on 16 is not in yet nor is the covered pool or the kids one inside the area where the zip lines are.

According to this retweet by MSC Cruises USA the aft pool (Miami Beach pool on Deck 16 shown) can be covered at night and turn into a nightclub. First I've heard of it, but quite possible I missed it if announced before.

On Disney Cruise Line, the midship family pool can be covered with a push of a button to create a large deck space for various activities.

Also on NORWEGIAN EPIC the aft pool in Spice H20 can be covered at the push of a button to become a dance floor for the outdoor nightclub.

I'm guessing something similar for SEASIDE. Two different methods are used on DCL and NCL. On DCL there is a wood deck extension that automatically slides into place over the pool. On NCL, the floor of the aft pool raises up to become flush with the deck creating a nice dance floor.

36361115030_567a56dee8_o.png

Does anyone knows what is that round shaped structure near the pool? Thought is was for an helipad, but I doubt that will ever be used for this.

Does anyone knows what is that round shaped structure near the pool? Thought is was for an helipad, but I doubt that will ever be used for this.

I don't think it will be anything but a raised sundeck. Maybe the band will play up there?

The reason it even exists is because the space houses the machinery for the two crew elevators that go as high as deck 15 just below it.

The Biscayne bay buffet and pizzeria on deck 16 in the deck plans is called colonial buffet in the written materials on the website and it says that one is targeted to families with children, while the marketplace buffet on deck 8 is for everyone, is my understanding. How or whether they'll enforce those distinctions, or if it will simply end up being a way to better disperse crowds...i don't know.

I remember a video (maybe it was on MSCcruisesUSA.com) which said or suggested that a buffet was either designed for, or for exclusive use by kids. I'm not sure I remember it exactly. I wonder if saying it is targeted for families with children merely means it is kid friendly? As an example, the buffet on the Divina has a small area for kids only (far aft, port side) ... not sure if they are using the same concept. Looking at the Seaside deck plans, I now realize that Biscayne Bay Buffet and Pizzeria (deck 16) is much smaller than Marketplace Buffet on deck 8. Interesting!

Thanks for the great pics!

Looking at my confirmations, the AFT suite is about the same as the YC1 suites, 22mq vs 21mq. About a 10 sq ft difference and the bathrooms are the same size. My guess is that the hallway around the curve into the Aft Suite will eat up about 30 sq ft of space that I wouldn't count as livable space. So, you can get a gauge to the size of the room. It will look a little smaller than the Yacht Club deluxe suites.

BIG hot tub. That is deck 16, right?

It is labeled as such on this deckplan: http://www.cruise-australia.com/MSC-Seaside-Deck-Plan.jpg

it is not labeled on the current MSCUSA deck plans, but it looks like there is a winding staircase around the edge. I suppose that could still be spa, raised deck or band stand (or combo.)

Mike ... If Eroller is right about that area becoming a covered disco in the evening it may be for a DJ but that is purely a guess on my part.

I think we are all guessing at the minute as to what its use will be.

Maybe its a competition thing to see who can land on the target from the Zip line .... ;p

I think we are all guessing at the minute as to what its use will be.

Totally agree... but it's fun to guess! :D

If I were covering the pool I'd go ahead and cover the spa also, so it could still be used as a DJ booth at night. Better yet: cover it with acrylic and have colored lights flashing up from the tub.