$$$$

hockey1963

When we booked for our cruise on Norwegian Spirit, with the third person paying taxes only and the all inclusive drinks package/ third person soda package included, no other cruise line could get close to the price of the NCL Cruise with the itinerary we wanted.

my family booked just about 1 yr out....we got in on the UDP,UBP and $300 OBC....and the KSF program....my dd and family total of 5 in a suite got it for $2800...cant beat that with a stick...my other dd and I got our cabin for the 2 of us for $2400...so, for 2 suites and and all of the perks for 7 of us, it only cost us $5200....I don't know were you can get a week with all the food (pay restaurants) and all you care to drink alcohol for the adults and soda for the kiddos for that price...but, they got the last sleeps 6 SJ and all of the SJs sold out within a couple of weeks, so I cant compare the prices any more either...But, Im happy....I have been checking for next year and the prices have gone sky high...sigh...guess we will be checking out other lines as well...too bad, I love NCL suite life...:(

:D I just pat myself on the back for booking back in January when I did for my 12 day Med cruise coming up in March.

I locked in at the lower rate for PPG, as well as dodging the 18% Gratuity add on with my Free UDP..And I was able to get 2 of the free packages offered on my balcony compared to just one offered now...

My Aft Balcony was also cheaper than the current rate as well..

I have saved several hundred dollars by booking early compared to what I would pay booking today...

Edited by warriorking

I believe they've raised their rates to cover the "free" UDP, UBP, OBC, internet and excursion offers, and other things they're advertising as "Free."

For a solo cruiser like me who just wants to get away for a few days at sea, and will probably have to pay double the regular fare, I just want to find a cheap cruise. I'll be happy with an inside stateroom, eating in the "free" dining locations, etc. I just love cruising. But with all of this "free" stuff piled on, that's just not happening. I've been watching rates and I don't think I could even get a short Bahamas cruise this summer for under $800.

I agree, but other lines aren't much better. I have noticed that pricing or supplements aren't being reduced until the very last minute; i.e., days before sailing instead of weeks before as they used to do. Few of us are in a position to arrange to leave work, etc. with only a few days notice. All you can do is check frequently, and hope you come across something. You already know about the NCL Gem Thanksgiving cruise with the waived supplement, don't you? I'm keeping that one in my back pocket in case none of the Canada/NE itineraries drop enough, even though I don't especially want to sail someplace hot in November.

Today I looked at the September 4th cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn. Balcony rooms STARTED at over $1700 per person! Ridiculous.

It's the last trip to Bermuda for the month while it switches to Canada. The rates in October when the Canadian trips end are lower. It also includes the UBP and extra guests sail free. Pick a cruise that's not the end of the season cruise and it's cheaper. Also Boston to Bermuda are always more expensive than other cruises. Are there cheaper options from Boston to Bermuda?

Edited by rvsullivan

I'm so happy I booked when I did a few weeks ago. Paid 899ish for a balcony in the gem sept 5th now the prices are well over 1000pp! Plus UBP and $100 OBC from TA! Also going to be getting another $50 from TA and going to cash in points from NCL credit card for OBC I can't really complain! I guess it just depends on the week! [emoji57]

Today I looked at the September 4th cruise to Bermuda on the Dawn. Balcony rooms STARTED at over $1700 per person! Ridiculous.

We had looked at that one too :) I think part of it is the timing (last one until October, as others have mentioned)... but I also wonder if it's due to that being Labor Day weekend. We looked at the Columbus Day weekend one in Oct and that was slightly higher as well.

We had looked at that one too :) I think part of it is the timing (last one until October, as others have mentioned)... but I also wonder if it's due to that being Labor Day weekend. We looked at the Columbus Day weekend one in Oct and that was slightly higher as well.

Just a note of caution, please. We were on the Dawn a couple of years ago end of August through Labor Day. Unless you are going with children, you may not enjoy it. Our cruise was overrun with over 900 kids!!!! Everything suffered, as most were not in the playarea's (pay) provided. They didn't care in the MDR, the actually almost threw the food on the table as the children noise was HORRIBLE!! I Don't know why the parents couldn't remove themselves and their kids so others could eat in peace.

NEVER AGAIN, will we sail NCL over a Holiday....Celebrity was not bad at all, even though there were children on board. Not nearly as many (may 100+) and very well behaved.

JMHO...

have fun

Just a note of caution, please. We were on the Dawn a couple of years ago end of August through Labor Day. Unless you are going with children, you may not enjoy it. Our cruise was overrun with over 900 kids!!!! Everything suffered, as most were not in the playarea's (pay) provided. They didn't care in the MDR, the actually almost threw the food on the table as the children noise was HORRIBLE!! I Don't know why the parents couldn't remove themselves and their kids so others could eat in peace.

NEVER AGAIN, will we sail NCL over a Holiday....Celebrity was not bad at all, even though there were children on board. Not nearly as many (may 100+) and very well behaved.

JMHO...

have fun

Thanks! And that's precisely why we are on one of the last (non holiday weekend) Boston to Bermuda cruises of the season ;)

Agree 100%. We are platinum on NCL but booked our first Celebrity cruise to Bermuda this summer. As this is an extra cruise for the year we booked an inside for $599 pp. The Breakaway was $999 pp and the price still hasn't dropped. I couldn't see paying $400 pp more to sail with NCL even though I love the Breakaway!

We booked way early and got a balcony on the Escape with UDP for $899. Before this first 7 day in Nov cruise sold out, it was selling for around $1500 pp.

We also booked a balcony on the Jade Nov 2016 with UDP and KSF for $699!

Moral of the story is book early. I will book our Nov 2017 cruise as soon as its available.

It's the last trip to Bermuda for the month while it switches to Canada. The rates in October when the Canadian trips end are lower. It also includes the UBP and extra guests sail free. Pick a cruise that's not the end of the season cruise and it's cheaper. Also Boston to Bermuda are always more expensive than other cruises. Are there cheaper options from Boston to Bermuda?

We go on this cruise every year, the same week. Last year the balcony room was $819 pp. I actually have a suite booked on this cruise; I was looking for a room for friends. I only paid $2000pp for a family suite with balcony. I think 1700+ for a balcony is ridiculous.

Edited by KateQ22003

JMHO...

have fun

OMG us too! Last year I did a back to back and went the last week of August/first week of September on the Dawn to Bermuda. That first week was HORRIBLE. I have never seen such unruly, rude kids in my life. We were miserable around the pool and in the dining room. Never again on NCL!

Has anyone else noticed that the cruise fares with NCL have gotten much more expensive? Im starting to look at other cruise lines.

Last January we had a balcony room on the Getaway for a bit under $2200 for the two of us. This January, we booked a minisuite on the Escape for the two of us for $2500 with the UBP. That seems a better deal than last year.

Our cruise for May, 2016 has now decreased slightly for the 3 of us from when we booked it. Actually, the price for the first 2 has increased, but the price for our 3rd passenger (who sails 1/2 price) has dropped from $449 to $99, making the overall total for our cruise a whopping $80 less than when we booked.

Since DSC has increased and we'd now have to pay gratuities on our promo UBP, it would actually cost us more to rebook, so we won't. I just wanted to point out this price change to those who think the fares are all automatically increasing. They aren't.

Has anyone else noticed that the cruise fares with NCL have gotten much more expensive? Im starting to look at other cruise lines.

Keep on looking and you will most likely find the rates on all lines have increased. Remember the cost of business does increase and someone has to pay for that. Cruising is still a great deal.

Here is an example: we have been talking about doing a trip to a few national parks and/or Mt Rushmore next spring. The best deal we could fine, not counting air of course. 6 days, 5 nights leaving from Las Vegas and touring Zion, Bryce, etc. The trip includes a guide of course, 6 breakfast and lunches and entre into the parks plus of course 5 nights in the hotel. The cost; per person: $1250. Compare that with a cruise in a standard outside cabin for 7 nights including all meals, entertainment and daily activities. Not to mention, most of the cruise lines are throwing in perks, like specialty dining, booze, gratuities, etc. Of course the price is going to increase, not to mention the port charges that are included in our cruise fare.

Price of a dozen eggs went up $1, so naturally cruise prices will be rising.

So now, should people stop eating eggs and switch to something else for breakfast? You are so right, just look at food prices period. I wonder if some people think cruise ships get their food free?

Agree 100%. We are platinum on NCL but booked our first Celebrity cruise to Bermuda this summer. As this is an extra cruise for the year we booked an inside for $599 pp. The Breakaway was $999 pp and the price still hasn't dropped. I couldn't see paying $400 pp more to sail with NCL even though I love the Breakaway!

I understand and a lot of people feel that way, but knowing what I do about Celebrity, it sounds like the great offer is on one of their less desirable ships. I don't know this for a fact, but I do know class of ships determine the prices as much as itinerary and season. Now, would I pay $400 more per person knowing it is just an extra cruise for the year,would be like paying $500 more to go to Vegas for a couple of days when we had already doen our yearly vacations. Be sure and report back on your experience with Celebrity. It is a very popular line for many people.

Now for all of you who are griping about the cost of this or that cruise, look what kind of a deal grandpa99 just got? It still depends on so many things.

Edited by newmexicoNita