New Celebrity Bundle Pricing (Go! Big, Go! Better, Go! Best)

Charles4515

So, if I'm getting this right: the longer the cruise, the more you pay (in per diem upgrade fees) to get the same amount of OBC (??) -- yikes! What rocket scientist came up with this pricing scheme? :eek:

Hi Wwcruisers,

I know, I know.... all in all, I like the overall concept, but I really think they need to tweak this. For double occupancy, I'd say $400.00 OBC for 10-12 nights, and $500.00 OBC for 13+ nights, and this makes better sense. I'd keep the OBC at $300.00 for singles on all sailings, as this seems fair.

Thanks, Jane. Appreciate your input and will follow it! :)

I surely have now developed an appreciation of how EASY it used to be with Celebrity. Perhaps we will all get used to it but right now vacation planning with Celebrity is looking like a project at work! Tedious and involving lots of calculator time.

Thanks, Jane. Appreciate your input and will follow it! :)

I surely have now developed an appreciation of how EASY it used to be with Celebrity. Perhaps we will all get used to it but right now vacation planning with Celebrity is looking like a project at work! Tedious and involving lots of calculator time.

Funny, because one of their stated objectives for implementing this new pricing structure was to make it EASY.

From: http://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Celebrity-Cruises-to-go-exclusively-with-bundle-pricing

“We needed to completely change what’s going on,” [senior VP...] Ritzethaler told Tolkin. “Our guiding principles were to give consumers ultimate choice, raise APDs (average per diems) and make it easy.”

I actually do think this pricing has the potential to be "easier" than comparing the various,. time-limited offers with different terms and conditions which were previously offered. It will all depend on how they handle a surplus of unbooked cabins. Reducing prices is only part of the picture. Guessing they will need to retain some form of the Tuesday Specials w/o including different perks.

Only time will tell....

Jane

I appreciate the live chat

Got a bit of info

But there were a couple of questions regarding already booked sailings adding the big better best promotion

As I read Lisa's replies saying no increase in fare yes to adding promos I called Celebrity to add Internet to my 123 inclusive.

But the rep said I would have up pay extra

She checked with supervisor and said they were trained in Friday that they charge extra even though it said included on the jan sailing page

I have concierge cabin

So color me confused

Thanks to anyone who can explain this[emoji3][emoji568]

Hi Anne,

You aren't losing your mind, but it is a lot to digest. I read it that way too.... but don't hold me to anything LOL.

I agree it's crazy since I haven't seen any rule that says for a solo if you want the $300 OBC you have to select in the Go Big only.

Also the pricing on the website shows double for the Go Better and Go Best for solos (at least it did when I checked this morning). Based on Lisa's response that is incorrect. But who knows :confused: :D

Andy

Because of booking on board and the 1,2, 3 package we will have $650 of non-refundable OBC.

Our Gratuities are paid, we don't do Celebrity excursions, I've had enough mediocre massages for a lifetime and so the only thing left to spend that OBC on is an upgrade to our drink package. We HAVE to do that once on board so I certainly hope they don't take that option away. :(

From today's "chat":

"We had to take many groups, categories and offerings that we currently had when we came up with Big, Better, Best. No other offerings that we provide have been affected by our new pricing program. All guests should choose which option works "best" option for them and their circumstances."

12:43 PM

I'm in the same "boat" (no pun intended;))! We have the 1-2-3 Go! All Inclusive that's combined with a book on board bonus and an "apology" credit for a grand total of $725 in OBC in March.:eek: The only Celebrity tour we're doing is the ferry through the canal, and that's booked and paid for since I heard it sells out. I'm counting on using some of the OBC to upgrade our drink packages...a couple specialty dinners, and I guess we'll use the rest to supplement our free internet minutes. I certainly hope I can still use the OBC to upgrade my beverage package. That's a lot of OBC even with the upgrade. Since it's non-refundable OBC I need to use it or lose it, but it's been a lot of years since I felt compelled to purchase a bunch of cruise ship trinkets or t-shirts! If nothing else, maybe there's a special bottle of wine in our cruise future!:D

Hi Wwcruisers,

I know, I know.... all in all, I like the overall concept, but I really think they need to tweak this. For double occupancy, I'd say $400.00 OBC for 10-12 nights, and $500.00 OBC for 13+ nights, and this makes better sense. I'd keep the OBC at $300.00 for singles on all sailings, as this seems fair.

The other bad choice for a cruise less than 12 days is prepaid gratuities, unless you are in a suite.

Got a bit of info

But there were a couple of questions regarding already booked sailings adding the big better best promotion

As I read Lisa's replies saying no increase in fare yes to adding promos I called Celebrity to add Internet to my 123 inclusive.

She checked with supervisor and said they were trained in Friday that they charge extra even though it said included on the jan sailing page

I have concierge cabin

So color me confused

Sorry...but why do you assume that you can just convert 123 inclusive to best? One offer is 1-2-3, the other is best. If you want Best, I'd think you would just change to best at today's price and drop 1-2-3? What am I missing?

Sorry...but why do you assume that you can just convert 123 inclusive to best? One offer is 1-2-3, the other is best. If you want Best, I'd think you would just change to best at today's price and drop 1-2-3? What am I missing?

Hi ghstudio

Did you read the chat? She said the fare would not increase unless the cabin changed.

And I asked the rep only for Internet which the website said is included

Got a bit of info

I have concierge cabin

So color me confused

I think you misunderstood what she said. Your base price would remain the same but you would have to pay for additions over and above what you have.

I'm in the same "boat" (no pun intended;))! We have the 1-2-3 Go! All Inclusive that's combined with a book on board bonus and an "apology" credit for a grand total of $725 in OBC in March.:eek: The only Celebrity tour we're doing is the ferry through the canal, and that's booked and paid for since I heard it sells out. I'm counting on using some of the OBC to upgrade our drink packages...a couple specialty dinners, and I guess we'll use the rest to supplement our free internet minutes. I certainly hope I can still use the OBC to upgrade my beverage package. That's a lot of OBC even with the upgrade. Since it's non-refundable OBC I need to use it or lose it, but it's been a lot of years since I felt compelled to purchase a bunch of cruise ship trinkets or t-shirts! If nothing else, maybe there's a special bottle of wine in our cruise future!:D

Also, BTW, one of the "still in Moderation" questions was mine regarding her answer to what would happen to existing reservations.

I asked early on so time wasn't an issue and I asked a second time in case it was an inadvertent error in not answering.

Never did get even posted (I can see it because I asked but no one else can.)

I copied and pasted here:

We've already reserved and paid the deposit on a cruise for next summer. This new program won't affect existing reservations, will it?

by DaveEasternPenn 12:12 PM

Comment (3) ↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

No existing reservations will be affected. If you would like to upgrade to Go Best, we will take care of that for you with no change to your cruise fare. If you change staterooms, new pricing may apply.

12:13 PM

chamima

How will you do that if the cruise fare already included the full 1, 2, 3 benefits? $45/day to add the Premium drink package and internet????

Thanks for your comment! It's in moderation.

chamima

How will you do that if the cruise fare already included the full 1, 2, 3 benefits? $45/day to add the Premium drink package and internet????

Edited by chamima

Am I missing something??? I am trying to check if there is a 55+ or residential rate for a cruise on Eclipse in December, 2016. And now I don't see that option for any category but Insides. Does it mean that it would not be available with all 3 price tiers?

Also, BTW, one of the "still in Moderation" questions was mine regarding her answer to what would happen to existing reservations.

I asked early on so time wasn't an issue and I asked a second time in case it was an inadvertent error in not answering.

We've already reserved and paid the deposit on a cruise for next summer. This new program won't affect existing reservations, will it?

Comment (3) ↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

No existing reservations will be affected. If you would like to upgrade to Go Best, we will take care of that for you with no change to your cruise fare. If you change staterooms, new pricing may apply.

chamima

chamima

My question to clarify this was also in moderation. Currently balcony cabins receive all 4 perks including Internet (on website) for my sailing for no additional charge over the fare

But although we are in concierge we are not entitled to Internet unless we pay extra according to the rep a few minutes ago which is not what Lisa said in the chat.

Am I missing something??? I am trying to check if there is a 55+ or residential rate for a cruise on Eclipse in December, 2016. And now I don't see that option for any category but Insides. Does it mean that it would not be available with all 3 price tiers?

it is not available with the good/better/best tiers...it is a different rate. There is a line of small type under the big boxes with good/better/best that says something like "look at more options". click on that to get the 55+ and other rates.

Hi Isabella,

How are you ? Hope all is well.

To be eligible for Go Big, Better, Best, you must book Oceanview and Above, and it doesn't apply to senior or resident rates. When I checked some Eclipse sailing earlier today, there was an option to bypass Big, Better, Best, and opt to view Senior / resident / military rates.

Hope this helps !

Edited by Host Andy

Because Lisa kind of said so.

See her answer below.

Several of us tried to clarify but it wasn't posted or addressed.

Comment (3) ↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

chamima

chamima

I tried to ask that question.

Edited by chamima

Because Lisa kind of said so.

I saw her answer and, unless they are planning to give everyone with 123 inclusive free internet and premium package upgrade (ha!), I think she got lost in her answer and it wound up confusing folks.

On the other hand, she gave me hope that the Molecular Bar might be reinstated.

Booked my first cruise for this winter, but am reading a lot of conflicting views/reports on Molecular (Reflection Ship). Has it changed over to the new brand yet and what should one expect with the new bar?

by Future Cruiser 12:18 PM

Comment (4) ↑ 0

Lisa Lutoff-Perlo,...

We are evaluating our guests' reaction to our new concept. The Molecular Bar onboard Celebrity Reflection has not changed.

12:19 PM

Somewhere to drown our sorrows that we lost Bonaire as a port. (Of course, as long as we can still upgrade the drink package on the ship) ;) .. :p..:o

I saw her answer and, unless they are planning to give everyone with 123 inclusive free internet and premium package upgrade (ha!), I think she got lost in her answer and it wound up confusing folks.

And chose not to clarify, as it seems at least a couple of us asked her to do.

This may become easier when the new schedules for 2017 and beyond are released since we wont have any old or prebooked cruises to compare prices and perks. But by then, Celebrity will probably change the game rules again!:eek:

For now I am keeping my cruises for next year as-is since there will no doubt be other price changes and who knows where things will end up.

For all those who were wondering if you could upgrade to the Premium Drinks package within the go big or better options. The answer is yes. It's an $11.00 PP Per Day charge and can be added at booking or on board. I'm on an industry call with Celebrity now and asked the question. In case you were wondering where the info came from.

Edited by a2zarts