Where is QM2 10/18 thru 11/19 2016?

Cruise NH

The schedule for 2016 that came out a few months ago showed the QM2 doing TA's during this time...now there's nothing scheduled.

Isn't the refit scheduled for May? Why then an empty month here in the fall?

When they cancelled the QV doing QM2's late spring TAs, I too wondered if they were going to postpone the dry dock. Cunard is making me think you better not plan too far in advance because they might change the schedule on you.

I have just phoned Cunard and they can no longer book the crossings in Oct/Nov 2016.

And they have no idea why.:confused:

I did check the Cunard website and the October 11,2016 Eastbound crossing is still listed and also the Westbound November 19,2016 crossing is also listed. And there is no QM2 crossings or cruises listed on the website from October 18,2016 to November 19,2016. Again maybe Cunard rescheduled the QM2 refit from May 2016 to October 18,2016-November 19,2016. Regards,Jerry

Hello,I maybe totally wrong,but how about this for a bit of latteral thinking.Could this explain why the Queen Victory TA has been cancelled ?.

Just a thought from the lower decks.

Rodger.

We're speculating that QV was moved back to the Med because QM2's drydock may have been postponed. If this is true then QM2 will now be available in May 2016 for the TA service.

Nothing has been announced by Cunard but we're piecing this together based on these schedule changes.

Hi,

This all seems to make sense. Postponing the QM2's refit to October/November would allow it to do crossings in May. For this reason, the QV would no longer be needed for the May crossings. If this is true, however, I will be a little disappointed. I am booked on the QM2's Canada/New England cruise for late September 2016. When I booked this cruise, I was thinking that the ship would be newly refurbished. My cruise will now be before the refit.

Chuck

I am waiting for Cunard' 2017 QM2 schedule which should be published these days, just to be on the safe side. It is time for her to be overhauled. What a pity, since I have long been waiting to circumnavigate Cape Hoorn, scheduled for January 2016.

Good morning seacruise9.My wife and I looked at QM2 crossing and 14 night Canada this year as a way of celebrating our Ruby anniversery.We decided to leave it untill September 2016 after the,in mind,much needed refit.So maybe we too will be dissapointed.

Rodger.

Qm2 8 day crossings are changing to 7 day and they are adding a 4 night European cruise in Oct or Nov 2016.

Dry dock remains in May 2016.

Where did you get this information and then why did they cancel the May transatlantic crossings of the Queen Victoria? Regards,Jerry Edited by Cruise Liner Fan

The new dates are also now showing on the UK website

Yes:

18th-25th October 7 days westbound

25th-1 November 7 days eastbound Blue Note Jazz at Sea

1st November – 4 days le Havre and Zeebrugge

5th November – 7 days westbound

12th November – 7 days eastbound

Hi,

I am glad to hear that the QM2's refurbishment is still scheduled for May 2016. The ship should be in good shape for my cruise scheduled for September 2016. I know that new staterooms are planned for Deck 13. I wonder if Kings Court will be addressed?

Chuck

Does anyone know if the new staterooms to be re-fitted aboard QM2 next May will also include single passenger staterooms like the single passenger staterooms recently added to the other Cunard Queens, Queen Elizabeth & Queen Victoria? Regards,Jerry

Edited by Cruise Liner Fan