Poll - Two balconies, or one Grand Suite?

kman99

Just curious for some opinions on my hypothetical scenario --

We currently have booked one premium (bowling alley) balcony and the next regular balcony booked -- checked ahead and ensured that the balcony divider can be opened. Travelers are the hubs and myself, plus three kids (10, 7, 5) on the Triumph.

IF you were me and you were able to score a Grand Suite at a nominal price increase over the two booked rooms, would you do it?

If the kids were older and we could put them in one room alone together, I'd stay with the two rooms. But, since we have to divide and conquer the littles, I wonder if we would be better off in one bigger suite?

Thanks for your input!

Definitely keep the 2 rooms you have!

Having 2 bathrooms alone is priceless with 5 people!

But.....if there is no adjoining door between the two rooms, at the age of your kids, I'd probably swap to the GS....sigh......unless they are really really good kids of course!

We currently have booked one premium (bowling alley) balcony and the next regular balcony booked -- checked ahead and ensured that the balcony divider can be opened. Travelers are the hubs and myself, plus three kids (10, 7, 5) on the Triumph.

IF you were me and you were able to score a Grand Suite at a nominal price increase over the two booked rooms, would you do it?

If the kids were older and we could put them in one room alone together, I'd stay with the two rooms. But, since we have to divide and conquer the littles, I wonder if we would be better off in one bigger suite?

Thanks for your input!

We had the same scenario about 4 years ago. We had two adjoining balcony rooms and got the upsell call to upgrade to a Grand Suite. We declined. The main reason.....two bathrooms. :)

Keep the balconies. If for nothing else that everyone has somewhere on the floor to sleep. Those darn upper berths make the room feel SO small and frankly, I'd never feel safe with my son climbing up and down that ladder in the middle of the darn ocean :P

I agree as well that just having two bathrooms is worth more than a grand suite. Your balcony will be awesome - we had one of the mega triple long balconies with no connecting single balcony and it was ridiculous - I slept out there a few nights after dozing off on the lounger. Life is rough ...

Previous posters are absolutely correct. You have the best scenario--two cabins with an open balcony divider. Not only will you have a two-bedroom, two-bath arrangement, that GS you were looking at would be around $5000 and not provide you the kind of setup you now have.

Here's hoping you have a great cruise. Bon Voyage!

Thanks for your input!

What is the "bowling alley" balcony?

We just had the bowling alley and adjoining balcony on Breeze. (For those who don't know, the "bowling alleys" are L-shaped cabins just forward of the aft wraps. They have balconies the size of grand suite balconies, but the cabins themselves are regular balcony cabins.) I'd definitely stay with this arrangement. Since we had the balcony divider open we could go over and wake the boys up when we needed to wake them and having two bathrooms was definitely an advantage.

We just had the bowling alley and adjoining balcony on Breeze. (For those who don't know, the "bowling alleys" are L-shaped cabins just forward of the aft wraps. They have balconies the size of grand suite balconies, but the cabins themselves are regular balcony cabins.) I'd definitely stay with this arrangement. Since we had the balcony divider open we could go over and wake the boys up when we needed to wake them and having two bathrooms was definitely an advantage.

They are not exactly what I would describe as "regular balcony cabins." Yes, square footage-wise they are probably the same. But because of the different layout, the have two windows in addition to the glass balcony door. Which may not matter to some, but it would for me. I like the extra sunshine. [emoji4]

Thanks for all of your replies! I think you are right -- unless I win the lottery and can get two grand suites, I'll keep our current arrangement if only for two bathrooms.

Um, can anyone lend me a couple bucks to play the lottery? I spent all of my money on cruising...:p

Um, can anyone lend me a couple bucks to play the lottery? I spent all of my money on cruising...:p

Sorry, I would, but I'm still trying to win the lottery myself so I can book a spot on that 128-day, $55K/person, world cruise that Cruise Critic posted about the other day on their Facebook page. [emoji16]

We have done a GS with 4 (2 kids) and definitely now always go 2 balconies for two reasons: 1. 2 bathrooms and a lot more storage area, and 2. PRIVACY!! Even having a connecting door gives you a lot more privacy - connecting balconies just as much, if not more!! We always go 2 balconies now when traveling with 4 of us. Also, with 3 kids, 2 would be in the sofa bed and one in a rollaway, which takes up some room in the suite when it is open. We have one dd who is a restless sleeper, so had a rollaway so both could get a good night's rest. Definitely go 2 balconies- especially if you have the long one next to aft wrap! Love that balcony!!