Just of Brilliance of the seas -drink prices

Travelingert- you might find the replenish package worth it for the coffee and water and a piña colada virgin drink by the pool doesn't taste that different than one with rum. You could still have frufru drinks on ship and frufru w liquor in port. Or occasionally buy a shot separately to "load" the mock cocktail drink for a reasonable price.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hello!

I live in Boston. Two drinks at a decent bar in town will set me back $23-$27 with tip.

A decent beer is about $7-$12.

Cheap beer BL or CL $5-$7.

RCI - prices to me are fair enough.

I do remember back in 1999 when drinks were $4.75.

Same in NYC, when I started cruising you could get a good beer for 75 cents drinks were about 1 dollar ( late 1970's)

Same in NYC, when I started cruising you could get a good beer for 75 cents drinks were about 1 dollar ( late 1970's)

Wow. Both to the dollar drinks and the $10 cocktails now. Last weekend at a popular local club I had a frozen margarita for $5 which is maybe a tad unfair comparison since most places have specials on those around here all the time. Most of their other well drinks were $5-7 and the wines went from $6-9 a glass with most closer to $6. I guess not completely out of the realm of RCI exactly, but only places like private golf clubs would dare charge that around here. Probably worth it to live in NYC, though. I was really surprised last year when we visited what energy the city seems to have. I thought all that excitement of the city stuff was all hype.

I think it's all relative to where you live. I think the RCI mixed drink prices and beer prices are pretty reasonable for what I'm used to. As for a fancy martini, $12 is pretty much the norm where I'm from.

I'm so glad we got the drink package BOGO :)

Thank you for posting the drink prices. I've heard many on here state that the prices are outrageous, but honestly, they aren't that different from a nice Chicago restaurant. If you go to a sporting event, beer is $9.50 plus tip, martinis are $12, and wine is at least $9 per glass at all the restaurants I patronize. We will enjoy cocktails or wine with dinner on our upcoming cruise, but a drink package would not be a good buy for us.

I agree. I don't know where these people live that can go into a restaurant or club and get a mixed drink for $3.75. :eek: Here in the Boston area the prices are much more in line with the cruise line prices. Must be a big city thing!! :D

I think it's all relative to where you live. I think the RCI mixed drink prices and beer prices are pretty reasonable for what I'm used to. As for a fancy martini, $12 is pretty much the norm where I'm from.

I'm so glad we got the drink package BOGO :)

I agree , most bars in NYC cost more than most ships

Hello!

I live in Boston. Two drinks at a decent bar in town will set me back $23-$27 with tip.

A decent beer is about $7-$12.

Cheap beer BL or CL $5-$7.

RCI - prices to me are fair enough.

Love Boston, and New York, but they are 'extremely' expensive cities, not the average for most Americans.

I think that's why most here in the forum find the new prices high.:)

The Bar Prices have seemed to go up over the years...We generally only do the Drink Deals...At First I thought the 18% had something to do with the Brilliance of the Seas Going out of Harwich in GB, but I remembered that a friend left me the Cruise Compass from the Grandeur of the Seas from Baltimore, 7/17/2015, 7 Day, but Day 2 is missing. Anyway, it also mentions 18% in the Cruise Compass.

The Bar Prices are one thing,,,and the 18% Gratuity is another...the gratuity hasn't changed since we've been cruising beginning in 1984. :(

Edited by cruiseclues

• 2 weeks later...

It's the sugary mixes. 😝 I like those froo-froo drinks. Besides, even though alcohol doesn't have carbs, it can sometime can mess with weight loss. Not that I'm going to be paying REAL close attention on my cruise. But at those prices, I'll use my carbs somewhere else. ☺️

No carbs in vodka rum or whiskey.

• 3 weeks later...

Being a Diamond plus, I now have one RC cruise left and then i am done with RC. Have changed to Celebrity. Love their solstice class ships and appreciate the drink package. If RC would have priced their drink packages, at least somewhat reasonably, would have had no problem. However, their per day cost is staggering. In addition, RC cruise pricing and their BOGO worthless promo, is no deal at all. Have also started sailing the Norwegian line with drink package and specialty dining package. Again, even I can't believe I am no longer interested in RC. However, when someone feels this dissatisfied, the best thing is to stop complaining and just get out of RC cruises. And that's what I am doing.