Pictures of "long lines" and "crowding" on Oasis

Lower level (Atrium) didn't always look like that unless a game show, talk, performance, etc was happening, but O'Sheehan's usually did upstairs.

It didn't bother me too much--I figured out places to escape. But I snapped the photo because I'd always distrusted the beauty shots you see of blissfully empty public places and pools.

Yeah, I had the same distrust. That's why I posted this. People were posting opposite extremes. Some saying that it was so horrible that they would never consider cruising again and others saying they had no idea where the other people where because they barely saw them all week. I figured the truth was somewhere in between. I was just wondering if the truth was closer to horrible crowds or closer absolutely none.

We did oasis and my wife was worried about it been to big and busy but it realy handles the crowds well.

Some sort of inspection slowed down boarding guess we were just unlucky.

Windjammer on day one was rammed but so if the buffet on every ship I have ever done.

Boarded early at labadee and just watched everyone boarding could not work out where they all went on the ship lol . lots of empty sun beds and places to sit.

Stu K

Well said. It's as if the OP wants some sort of proof that there are crowds/lines, and are unwilling to believe that there could be crowds/lines in the absence of such proof.

To me, it's more like the OP wanted some sort of visual idea of what "crowded" looks like. I didn't take it as lack of belief, but rather an understanding that, what some people would consider crowded may differ from another's. Sometimes it's good to get someone to show you what they mean. :cool:

Whenever someone bumps that "funny" photo I think of this ACTUAL photo from allure of the seas:

http://www.cruiselawnews.com/uploads/image/Atlantis-Allure-of-the-Seas.jpg

WOW.....what ever was going on there, I would have just skipped. My biggest concern is "Where were all the women?" Looks like the men all got together and threw the women overboard and then celebrated at the Aqua Theatre.

WOW.....what ever was going on there, I would have just skipped. My biggest concern is "Where were all the women?" Looks like the men all got together and threw the women overboard and then celebrated at the Aqua Theatre.

And they are all facing different directions too. Looks like it was photoshopped.

EDIT: A quick google image search shows what it really looked like.

Edited by A&L_Ont

To the original poster if you really read all those threads, do you really need a picture??

kudos for doing your research. But I just don't think you will find your smoking gun. You will never find 100% agreement/proof for what you are looking for.

Based on my trolling here for too long (my wife hates the words cruise critic) i think it's best to look at averages.

I would say about 80-85% of review/opinions say the same thing:

- Wow, did not feel croweded for so many people

- Windjamer sucks on first lunch (not only on oasis, lets be honest)

- There are some busy times (like muster drill, big sale on royal promenade)

- Neighbourhood design does an amazing job to spead out the guest so you don't feel busy all the time.

- Generally don't wait long for elevators, but yes It happens a full elevator.

Then you have your haters, that just say: it sucks, sucks, sucks.

You have your boosters: it's amazing, it's amazing, it's amazing.

You can't go by the haters, or boosters. Unless you are one of them,( ie if you have little tolernce for anything more than a private setting), then I say look at the general trend and you will find the truth lies there, but a guarantee you will never get.

Been on the Allure , Quantum, and Oasis and only had to deal with crowds after the shows. For some stupid reason people have to be in a hurry to go where????? Crowd around the elevators right outside the doors of the theaters. When all they have to do is walk a little further and take another route to where ever they are in such a hurry for.

I have seen people stand in front of elevators all crowded around one when all they had to do is walk 10 steps around the other side.

I prefer to take the steps but will find an elevator that isn't busy and use it if

going up 14 floors. Even walked down the hallways to find another bank of elevators.

Please don't take a cruise because someone says it is so crowded. Those ships can handle 6000 people and another 2000 employees. Have fun and book it