Had no issues with the "Classic" Drink Package on Constellation

tartana

Molecular alone is worth the cost of the daily UG. The printed menu is just the beginning. The bartenders have their own creations that rock.

Yes, but you do realize all the Molecular bars are either already out or are being taken out? They have been replaced by the World Class Bar which so far is only getting okay raves.

Great post, thank you for sharing!

We sail on Equinox in October, cannot wait :D

Does anyone know what beers are included in the Classic package? I have looked and seeing conflicting info. My husband normally drinks the likes of Carlsberg, Becks, Fosters, san miguel etc. thanks :) I am happy with a daiquiri or prosecco :);)

I'm on the solstice this month, where is the best place to pick up bottled water? and do they have an issue if you ask for more than one?

I got a bottle of water with my drink almost every time. I never had a problem. I didn't try to get 2 drinks or 2 waters at the same time unless I had DH or DDs card

Molecular alone is worth the cost of the daily UG. The printed menu is just the beginning. The bartenders have their own creations that rock.

on the few ships that still have Molecular the staff are now forbidden to go off-menu (allegedly contract issues with junor mureno ?)

this was the case on Reflection June this year[emoji13]

I got a bottle of water with my drink almost every time. I never had a problem. I didn't try to get 2 drinks or 2 waters at the same time unless I had DH or DDs card

Like wise, with the package it is supposed to be one drink at a time but they often allow a water along with the other drink. If buying then there is no limit.:D

on the few ships that still have Molecular the staff are now forbidden to go off-menu (allegedly contract issues with junor mureno ?)

this was the case on Reflection June this year[emoji13]

We were on Solstice in mid June, and both Molecular bartenders were offering off menu creations all week. We did the UG the second day just for that. Totally worth it.

You're assuming that everyone think "craft beers" are good....I don't care for them at all!!!

We had an incident once in the Ensemble Lounge awaiting dinner when we asked for a specific cocktail and was told that we couldn't have it because it wasn't on our package but we could have it made with a different brand of spirit, which we did. I think that some people get a little too hung up on a particular brand of spirit and then dilute it with juice or soft drink or some such. Sure if one wants to drink a particular scotch neat or with a little water cool, but drown it in coke or soda what's the point of paying the extra.

We had an incident once in the Ensemble Lounge awaiting dinner when we asked for a specific cocktail and was told that we couldn't have it because it wasn't on our package but we could have it made with a different brand of spirit, which we did. I think that some people get a little too hung up on a particular brand of spirit and then dilute it with juice or soft drink or some such. Sure if one wants to drink a particular scotch neat or with a little water cool, but drown it in coke or soda what's the point of paying the extra.

For most cocktails, I really don't know if anyone can taste the difference in the brands.:D

For most cocktails, I really don't know if anyone can taste the difference in the brands.:D

Depends greatly on the drink, but certainly some of us can. If you're talking a highball (gin/tonic, rum/coke) probably not a huge difference. If you're talking an "up" drink (served in a martini/cocktail glass) those can have little to no mixers. There is a very large difference between a Manhattan made with Bulleit and one made with Maker's Mark.

Generally speaking you could be right , especially the exotic cocktails.

however The dirty martini made with tanquerary 10 can be very different to one made with bombay - bit like the difference between english batsmen and the antipodean variety [emoji12]

Generally speaking you could be right , especially the exotic cocktails.

however The dirty martini made with tanquerary 10 can be very different to one made with bombay - bit like the difference between english batsmen and the antipodean variety [emoji12]

Yes, that is why I said most. Anything that doesn't have a mixer, soda or juice in it is more likely to be affected by varying spirits.:D

As for sport, at least they can resell the bats.:eek:

DH and I join reflection in three weeks time for our first ever Celebrity cruise although we have cruised with many other companies. Unfortunately a drinks package is not included. We are undecided wether or not to purchase one in advance, do I take it from the recent posts that Martinis are not available on the classic package as we do enjoy one or two before dinner!

DH and I join reflection in three weeks time for our first ever Celebrity cruise although we have cruised with many other companies. Unfortunately a drinks package is not included. We are undecided wether or not to purchase one in advance, do I take it from the recent posts that Martinis are not available on the classic package as we do enjoy one or two before dinner!

Martinis are available at most bars on the classic package, just not at the Martini Bar where they specialty martinis with top shelf vodka and gin. I love a Hendricks gin martini which is premium. We had the classic package and upgraded to the premium while onboard. They only charge you from the day that you upgrade. DH and I upgraded on day 2 (we paid for 6 days), DD on day 3 (she paid for 5) and DS was happy drinking Corona all week.

Regular martini's are available at the regular bars. What's not available are the martinis made at the Martini Bar. The Martini Bar, for one thing, makes martinis in larger martini glasses. And they, may or may not, use more up scale spirits.

But it's been reported that sometimes, the bartenders at the Martini Bar will make a martini using a regular sized glass and charge it to the Classic pkg.

But it's been reported that sometimes, the bartenders at the Martini Bar will make a martini using a regular sized glass and charge it to the Classic pkg.

If the Martini Bar is slow, and if the bartender is in the mood, then yes, you can get a martini there with the classic package. YMMV depending upon the sailing and bartender. It will though be a basic gin or vodka version or an appletini or cosmo only, all made with classic level liquors such as Stoli, Absolute or Beefeaters.