flying/sailing with meds

cthrn27

Hello. Getting ready and wondering about traveling with meds. Can I take the meds in daily pill cases of do I need to keep them in the labelled pharmacy bottles??? I know to keep them with me and NOT in the SuIT case... Any other advice? Thanks🌸

Well the safest way is to keep then in their original containers, which I always do. This is especially useful, in an emergency, if you end up in a hospital, need refills, plus many other situations. Sure a lot of people do not. I deal with a LOT of medications in my travels, have had a lot of health care issues, just reporting from a conservative perspective, that lives depend on.

I've never been questioned about any medicines, and I bring A LOT. But just for safety, I do keep the stronger pain medicines in their original container. I also bring small quantities of all my "just in case" medicines. Cough/cold medicines, antacids, nausea, ibuprofen, Benadryl, neosporin, and band aids. The last cruise I didn't pack band aids, and the medical office wanted to charge me 3 dollars for 5 little band aids....I made tissue paper work.

Like others have said, I use a pill box inside a zip-loc.

The narcs I keep in the original bottle.

I always keep them in my carry-on.

We don't have any drugs that our lives depend on, so we don't worry too much about it.

When i get the last refill before my trip I keep the bottle and take the original bottles and then fill my 7 day box when i get on the ship and then throw away the bottles when we leave. i always take a few extra day worth and refill the container with the extras. i would rather have the bottles than risk them being taken away and me stuck with no meds. just IMO

I've always taken my bp meds and sch IV narcotics in a pill box but I must agree that keeping the narcs in the original bottle is much wiser. Will likely start doing so.

Although I agree with the Narcotics in their own container, I've become a doubting Thomas. When I needed to bring my pain meds, I put them in my box and labeled them generically like vitamin c. In this day and age how would you know if a few "slipped" out of the bottle during cleaning with the bottle clearly marked? Just food for thought:)

Although I agree with the Narcotics in their own container, I've become a doubting Thomas. When I needed to bring my pain meds, I put them in my box and labeled them generically like vitamin c. In this day and age how would you know if a few "slipped" out of the bottle during cleaning with the bottle clearly marked? Just food for thought:)

Because the drug-sniff dogs know the difference.

My vitamins are in a pill box, but my thyroid & bp meds are in labeled rx bottles. Since they are absolute necessities, I want extra with me in case of any delays and the labeled bottles if I were to be hospitalized or be delayed long enough to need refills. I don't have any controlled substances, but if I did, I would keep them in labeled rx bottles and put them in the safe when not in the room.

TSA does not require passengers to have medications in prescription bottles, but states have individual laws regarding the labeling of prescription medication with which passengers need to comply.

Sneaking your narcotics in a Vit C bottle won't deter a drug sniffing dog. They know the difference. If I get stopped, I want proof that those narcotics are mine legally.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Edited by LadyGal4