Celebrity Launches Advocate Program

Andy

A lot of us "backed-out"...after finding out more details...that's what I did anyway...wasn't "chosen"...because I didn't move forward!!! :cool: LuAnn

LuAnn I'd be interested in knowing what details made you want to back out, I can say with absolute certainty that all of our team that stayed have had a great experience...

I've seen lots of rumors on both the NCL pages when we were being hired and here...

the concept is brilliant... and works wonderful for us...

I backed out due to narrow window they provided to interview. I think it was only 2 days and the slots open were during the day, I have a full time position during the day and could not maneuver that.

Actually almost all of us have full time jobs, that's the best part of the chat job... we do at when we can.. we make our own hours... perfect second job.. and we get to help people book and plan their cruises... what could be better!!

I'm in PA and they are in UTAH so it worked that I could do an interview at the end of their day which was early evening here...

LuAnn I'd be interested in knowing what details made you want to back out, I can say with absolute certainty that all of our team that stayed have had a great experience...

I've seen lots of rumors on both the NCL pages when we were being hired and here...

the concept is brilliant... and works wonderful for us...

it has been a great experience for you! For me...the entire "application process" was just difficult...I would answer questions...and they wouldn't be recorded and then asked again....and again...it wasn't so much the questions....the fact that the "app" seemed so incompetent... I just "bailed"...and then...after that...they still sent me a "schedule" to sign up for the "interview"...and my name wasn't even on the list. so...TBH...I just thought it didn't sound like they "had their act together"....I spend a lot of time on CC...and want to help other cruisers...as may be obvious by my participation over the years...but this just didn't seem like it was "working" very well. I will try again...if offered...as it sounds like your experience has been far better...is it the same company??? LuAnn

it has been a great experience for you! For me...the entire "application process" was just difficult...I would answer questions...and they wouldn't be recorded and then asked again....and again...it wasn't so much the questions....the fact that the "app" seemed so incompetent... I just "bailed"...and then...after that...they still sent me a "schedule" to sign up for the "interview"...and my name wasn't even on the list. so...TBH...I just thought it didn't sound like they "had their act together"....I spend a lot of time on CC...and want to help other cruisers...as may be obvious by my participation over the years...but this just didn't seem like it was "working" very well. I will try again...if offered...as it sounds like your experience has been far better...is it the same company??? LuAnn

I wonder were you using the browser they recommended, either Chrome or Firefox?

I had to download Firefox in order to make it work properly. Also had to allow pop-ups. And today on their site, they note that Firefox recently applied an automatic update, so the new version isn't compatible, so they recommend switching to Chrome if there are issues. Firefox updated sometime last week.

I wonder were you using the browser they recommended, either Chrome or Firefox?

I had to download Firefox in order to make it work properly. Also had to allow pop-ups. And today on their site, they note that Firefox recently applied an automatic update, so the new version isn't compatible, so they recommend switching to Chrome if there are issues. Firefox updated sometime last week.

I find it ludicrous in 2015 that a simple application can have so many restrictions.

And Celebrity partners with Apple on their ships!

It sounds like Celebrity's IT team is heading this up.

Needle has a lot of companies that they provide the chat platform. And all of the teams are full. We never lose people and rarely is someone new hired. That's how good it is.

It's not part of Celebrity. Maybe if you don't have patience you wouldn't be happy in the job. We talk to many many first time cruisers and answer the same questions over and over with a smile.

We work as a close knit team helping each other even when we aren't working. We've become friends inside and outside the chat platform.

I can only speak for our team and our excellent relationship with Norwegian and each other. They realize that we are their biggest fans and are happy to have us.

I'm sure they will have no trouble filling the team and I wish all of you that got a job good luck!

I find it ludicrous in 2015 that a simple application can have so many restrictions.

And Celebrity partners with Apple on their ships!

Thing is it isn't a simple platform, it has a lot of moving parts and windows and things that are done within it, in real time, with multiple people in multiple places. So as with any program one uses, you must first verify your system capabilities and compatibility. Using Firefox/Chrome allows use across multiple OS that people use, Linux, Windows and OS for Mac. It boils down to reading and following directions.

I've been frustrated with Apple on ships, yet their website has known bugs relative to Online checkin with Safari browser not saving information on certain screens. X IT tells me to use Chrome to get around it so I do.

It sounds like Celebrity's IT team is heading this up.

;) LOL Rich -- what tipped you off? Was it Arno's report, that they released every candidate's name and e-mail address -- because they couldn't figure out how to do a "blind copy"? :eek: An OA at any big corporation who did that would likely be looking for a job, the next day! :rolleyes:

Needle has a lot of companies that they provide the chat platform. And all of the teams are full. We never lose people and rarely is someone new hired. That's how good it is.

It's not part of Celebrity. Maybe if you don't have patience you wouldn't be happy in the job. We talk to many many first time cruisers and answer the same questions over and over with a smile.

We work as a close knit team helping each other even when we aren't working. We've become friends inside and outside the chat platform.

I can only speak for our team and our excellent relationship with Norwegian and each other. They realize that we are their biggest fans and are happy to have us.

I'm sure they will have no trouble filling the team and I wish all of you that got a job good luck!

I've joined the team and impressed with their platform. Like many tools their platform isn't always intuitive but after reviewing the tutorials I am feeling much more comfortable.

It looks like we are building a great team and really looking forward to working with them.

I am passionate about cruising and Celebrity in particular. I first sailed Celebrity in 2001 and have never found a reason to sail a different line.

Jim

• 2 weeks later...

I'm bringing back this old thread because I think those involved in this program as well as celebrity should read the following article.....

http://consumerist.com/2015/09/02/company-that-paid-youtube-users-to-promote-xbox-one-settles-charges-of-deceptive-advertising/

There are similarities and differences....but there is a clear message in that article about the need to disclose any compensation or compensation from seemingly unbiased people.

the article is completely off base... the chat feature is part of the webpage for the product... not on another site where people are trying to lure people to buy a product... and the reason we are there is to assist people explaining how to get around the webpage, to describe the ships and itineraries, to help new cruisers with what's included and not included, explain promotions, help families that have never cruised before and are wondering what there is to do for children, and on, and on, .... it's not like we are on random webpages begging people to use a product or book a cruise...

I'm not in the program but needles (I did take tests) & sent me an email solicitation with 25% off something or other

Not nice

I unsubscribed to their emails

I get enough junk mail

To take my interest in their program and use it for marketing can be considered good business or tacky

My opinion, tacky