Invicta Watches - Onboard Prices

with the coin edge, Japanese auto movement. Sam's club $106, Ship, $149, Amazon about $80.

However not all invicta watches are ever where, and if you find a CANNOT DO WITHOUT, maybe a good deal for you.

I have owned my Invicta stated above for going on 5 years and it is still going strong, but it is a throw away, but buying another one is cheaper than having my ladies Rolex serviced LOL.

you have to know what you're looking at, if its under say $250.00 it doesn't have a swiss movement. it must say swiss made on the face or back to be a good one. the cheaper ones are japan movements and maybe assembled in china. the good ones are true swiss made and movements. i have some i have paid $400.00 for and are great pieces.

you have to know what you're looking at, if its under say $250.00 it doesn't have a swiss movement. it must say swiss made on the face or back to be a good one. the cheaper ones are japan movements and maybe assembled in china. the good ones are true swiss made and movements. i have some i have paid $400.00 for and are great pieces.

A lot of mis-information there:rolleyes: Yes if a watch say's "swiss made" it should be of fairly good quality. But "swiss made" does not ensure everything about the watch is Made in Switzerland. And there are plenty of good movements out there that aren't Swiss. You can buy 30.00 watches that will keep great time for years that don't have a "swiss movement". BTW I own several "swiss made" watches and love them:)

Oh I have no problem with someone making a profit. However, someone selling for $500 what another vendor sells for $50 is beyond making a profit. :)

The one on the floor on Freedom had a $2495 price on it and the guy offered me somewhere around $300 for it before I walked away. Make a little profit?

I opened the back and it could not have had a cheeper movement. Invicta is not a quality watch.......

Most Invicta automatic watches use the highly regarded Seiko NH35A Japan movement. Some of their higher end watches use an automatic Swiss movement.

Some Invicta models are better than others, so you have to know what you are buying. I couldn't be happier with my $85 watch. It is regulated better than 1 second/day. I was probably lucky, and I received a good one. But it would be very hard to find a Rolex with that kind of accuracy.

Are you suggesting that you might get a cheap "fake" watch? I really don't see that happening. I used to collect watches as a hobby and I became well trained at spotting knock-offs (they call them "replicas") and I've never seen one on a ship (street vendors on ports are a different story).

On our last RCCL cruise, I came really close to buying an Omega Planet Ocean, but I just couldn't pull the trigger. The price, plus duties, was OK, nothing great, but cheaper than I could get from an authorized dealer at home, and about the same as I could find from a trust web seller.

Nope, just suggesting that you will end up paying a lot more than you should for a watch that's a lot lower quality than you'd be able to purchase shoreside from a reputable dealer.

Nope, just suggesting that you will end up paying a lot more than you should for a watch that's a lot lower quality than you'd be able to purchase shoreside from a reputable dealer.

The ship sells the same Invicta, Citizen, Omega..... watches that you would buy back home. And while the prices on the ship may be higher, they should also be considered a reputable dealer. Are you suggesting that the ship sells lower quality "grey market" watches than what you would buy back home?

The ship sells the same Invicta, Citizen, Omega..... watches that you would buy back home. And while the prices on the ship may be higher, they should also be considered a reputable dealer. Are you suggesting that the ship sells lower quality "grey market" watches than what you would buy back home?

I don't have a clue what he is suggesting in those two posts........:rolleyes:

FYI technically a "grey market" product is the same as any other, but shipped to the US via unauthorized channels so the warranty is void.

Edited by bouhunter

Most Invicta automatic watches use the highly regarded Seiko NH35A Japan movement. Some of their higher end watches use an automatic Swiss movement.

Some Invicta models are better than others, so you have to know what you are buying. I couldn't be happier with my $85 watch. It is regulated better than 1 second/day. I was probably lucky, and I received a good one. But it would be very hard to find a Rolex with that kind of accuracy.

Rolex hasn't made a good watch since they stopped putting Zenith movements in them.

There are three things that determine the price of a watch. First is the movement, the second is the precious metals or jewels (that is decorative jewels in the face, case or band, not to be confused with the tiny jewels used as bushing in the movement), and the third is simply it's brand name affinity. Unless you are buying a watch with an expensive hand-made automatic movement, you are either buying it for it's precious metal/jewel content or its name. Personally, I don't see many Invicta watches with gold or diamonds and it is really no more a big brand name than Timex or Seiko.

The shots below are of the $795 MSRP Invicta Pro Diver watch I got onboard Navigator last winter for $50 because it needed a battery. It was originally on a clearance sale for $120 but since it wasn't working and they couldn't replace the battery onboard they reduced the price even further.

I liked its appearance and had lots of RCI provided OBC to use up so took a chance on it. I replace the battery myself once we were home which was all it needed and took the shots below.

On the right is a Bijoux Terner watch I bought onboard a ship on sale for $5.88 since my regular watch's battery died and I had forgotten to bring my Timex back up watch. Both take a type 377 battery, typically one used in cheaper watches and have a similar small movement inside with lots of empty space.

attachment.php?attachmentid=358357&d=1439020453

attachment.php?attachmentid=358358&d=1439020453

CIMG1432.jpg.01a64aa3ff66d70a320d7a128986e1e7.jpg

CIMG1433.jpg.cc596d6a250a1b249dab9d9219bf87ff.jpg

Edited by robtulipe

The fact of the matter with buying an Invicta watch onboard the ship is not going to be the best price you will find.

I have over 50 Invicta watches. Are they they best quality...NO? However, for their price point, I'm very happy.

Evine Live, formerly Shop NBC is Invicta's largest retailer. I have seen the exact same watches on the ship, with the same model numbers for up to $300 higher than I paid for the identical watch on Evine Live shopping channel.

Even when RCCL says save 50, 60 or 70% off, I have never found an Invicta watch on the ship cheaper than on the Evine Live shopping channel.

When Im on the ship, I mind my own business, but you don't know how I would like to tell the Invicta ship shoppers to watch the Evine shopping channel because the same watch you're about to buy is so much less than what you're about to pay RCCL.

The shots below are of the $795 MSRP Invicta Pro Diver watch I got onboard Navigator last winter for $50 because it needed a battery. It was originally on a clearance sale for $120 but since it wasn't working and they couldn't replace the battery onboard they reduced the price even further.

I liked its appearance and had lots of RCI provided OBC to use up so took a chance on it. I replace the battery myself once we were home which was all it needed and took the shots below.

On the right is a Bijoux Terner watch I bought onboard a ship on sale for $5.88 since my regular watch's battery died and I had forgotten to bring my Timex back up watch. Both take a type 377 battery, typically one used in cheaper watches and have a similar small movement inside with lots of empty space.

attachment.php?attachmentid=358357&d=1439020453

attachment.php?attachmentid=358358&d=1439020453

Thanks for making my point. BTW, this is how the inside of a real watch should look;)

DSCN0240.jpg.a145ef840dae576b66535c063dacd1e8.jpg

The fact of the matter with buying an Invicta watch onboard the ship is not going to be the best price you will find.

I have over 50 Invicta watches. Are they they best quality...NO? However, for their price point, I'm very happy.

Evine Live, formerly Shop NBC is Invicta's largest retailer. I have seen the exact same watches on the ship, with the same model numbers for up to $300 higher than I paid for the identical watch on Evine Live shopping channel.

Even when RCCL says save 50, 60 or 70% off, I have never found an Invicta watch on the ship cheaper than on the Evine Live shopping channel.

When Im on the ship, I mind my own business, but you don't know how I would like to tell the Invicta ship shoppers to watch the Evine shopping channel because the same watch you're about to buy is so much less than what you're about to pay RCCL.

I have been watching it a lot lately as well as their web site so I will know on my upcoming cruise in October! From what I have seen on previous cruises the ship does not sale a lot of the cheaper price models but sale mostly the $300 and up models. I love the style of Invictas and will not buy a lot of the other brands of watches sold on the ship because I just don't like the way they look.

Just like with a cruise, to me, a watch is the same thing. Everyone has a different opinion and expectation of the watch and brand.

For me, an Invicta watch is fine and I've never encountered an issue with some. Other people might feel differently and have every right too.

I'm not pushing watches or Invicta to get off track with my post...all I'm saying that if anyone is looking to buy an Invicta watch onboard the ship, please be smart and do some homework by checking out the prices on the Evine alive shopping channel, along with the model because 9 times out of 10, that big, so called RCCL discount up to 60 or 70 percent off is very inaccurate, and you will always pay $100 to $400 more than if you were to purchase the same watch on the shopping channel...even with no sales tax on the ship purchase.

I've been on almost 30 RCCL cruises and if I charged every person that has paid too much for an Invicta watch onboard as a consultant fee, I would probably have enough money for a few free cruises. Lol

Oh I have no problem with someone making a profit. However, someone selling for $500 what another vendor sells for $50 is beyond making a profit. :)[/QUO

Profit is profit. Vendor markups can be huge, that's just business. If you find the price too high, don't make the purchase. I would not buy any merchandise on a ship because the prices always seem a bit ridiculous to me. I enjoy looking but I don't buy.

Thanks for making my point. BTW, this is how the inside of a real watch should look;)

That's how the inside of an AUTOMATIC watch looks. Believe it or not many people consider quartz movement watches "real"...............

Edited by bouhunter

• 1 month later...

We just did a 7 night cruise on board the Brilliance of the Seas, Sept 27-Oct 4. I purchased a "Limited Editon" Invicta Pro Divers watch for US$299. Now I feel robbed after seeing the same watch at our local Costco here in Winnipeg for $189 Canadian dollar. The only difference I guess would be the words "Limited Edition". Is there anything I can do to get back the price difference?

I happen to be a watch guy and have many high end watches.

The thing that is super important (unless you really don't care) you should know about the brand you are considering buying and you should research it..

Now... if it's a 100 dollar impulse buy, then I guess so what... However....

1. Invicta became popular on Shop NBC which is now called Evine

It's sorta like going to Costco or sams club. You have to know what something should cost so you can determine if it's a good deal or not.

The one thing about watches (especially high end watches) if you buy on amazon or other potential gray market sites, you may or may not have the manufacture warranty. If you look at the major watch retailers , look at the warranty, many say two year warranty from ( name of website) that means it's gray market and you can NOT ever take it to an authorized seller for warranty.

I agree , there is something cool about buying a watch when you are on a trip, and fyi the islands can be tricky too if you don't know what something should cost.

the cruise lines also have Tonino Lamborghini watches which you can buy in the states for on average of 60% cheaper then the cruise lines have it..

But invicta is just a basic watch, like timex. Not a great quality, but who cares, if you like it, you like it... just know what you should be paying

Invicta is the Thomas Kinkade of watches they can now be found in almost any retail/discount outlet. They have developed a huge market but in doing that they have degraded the quality of their product. Good luck trying to compare and figure out their pricing.

Just as an FYI...the MSRP on watches of this nature is nothing more than a joke. All manufactures in this area (Swiss Legend, Stuhrling Original, Red Line, Welder and many more) list outrageous MSRP's. Simple marketing to make the consumer believe they are getting some kind of great deal.

Two Invicta watches can look virtually identical, but differ significantly in quality ... caveat emptor! As a rule, RCI's prices are a bit higher ... nothing outrageous, especially with the "Today only,75% off!" sales. They're not selling $50 pieces for $500. I compared a couple on my last cruise with online prices, using the MSRP as a guide. Royal's prices were $25-$50 more ... but there's no sales tax or shipping charges, so it could be close to a wash.

I discovered pretty much the same thing with their Stuhrling Original watches ... again, huge discounts off the list price, but a few dollars more than those on Amazon.

Overall, I wouldn't feel as if I were taken, had I purchased either brand aboard ship, but I did save a bit on a Citizen Eco-Drive by purchasing it in Falmouth, Jamaica ... about $70 less than on the ship. I've had it for about three years ... no problems whatsoever.

You can do a bit of due diligence and save some money on a few brands at certain ports ... but you'll likely be paying just about normal retail for watches aboard ship.

Al

Two Invicta watches can look virtually identical, but differ significantly in quality ... caveat emptor! As a rule, RCI's prices are a bit higher ... nothing outrageous, especially with the "Today only,75% off!" sales. They're not selling $50 pieces for $500. I compared a couple on my last cruise with online prices, using the MSRP as a guide. Royal's prices were $25-$50 more ... but there's no sales tax or shipping charges, so it could be close to a wash.

I discovered pretty much the same thing with their Stuhrling Original watches ... again, huge discounts off the list price, but a few dollars more than those on Amazon.

Overall, I wouldn't feel as if I were taken, had I purchased either brand aboard ship, but I did save a bit on a Citizen Eco-Drive by purchasing it in Falmouth, Jamaica ... about $70 less than on the ship. I've had it for about three years ... no problems whatsoever.

You can do a bit of due diligence and save some money on a few brands at certain ports ... but you'll likely be paying just about normal retail for watches aboard ship.

Al

Not fancy brands, but I have gotten three watches on my last three cruises (2 on ship, 1 in port). Since I had the wireless plan I did a quick google on all of them and the prices were the same as Amazon or less. As someone else said, it was more like a souvenir- one was a cruise for my grad school graduation and promotion so the watch is a reminder of that :) yes I could have gotten the same bulova at Macy's, but what is the fun in that - plus again price was the same or off my $5- in my favor.

I was looking at the Amazon deal of the day like I do on most days and noticed that Invicta watches are on sale.

Where do I know that name from? Oh yeah...from my Royal Caribbean Cruise where I learned about fine time pieces from Invicta and what an incredible sale the ship was having on them.

Amazon has tons of them for $59.99 to $74.99. (Today only)

See for yourself here:

www.amazon.com/gp/goldbox/

Some of them have list prices of $1495.00, some list at $795.00, and other list at $495.00 or $595.00.

Either way it seems like the ship prices are WAY HIGH on these.

What am I missing?

That is Invicta's schtick. All their watches retail for hundreds or thousands of dollars, most are on sale for 50-150 all year round. They figure either you'll buy them because of the discount, or you'll buy them because of the markup. Either way it's gravy.

They are decent watches, for what it's worth. Big and bulky, but they keep good time. I certainly would never pay "retail" for them, in any store.

Edited by Diplomacy