Oh No, Not Again

mame42

After several weeks with no problems, the HAL web site once more will not allow me to book an excursion online.

I ran into that issue two weeks ago. I was using safari and it said less than three days until my cruise. When I switched to explorer it worked fine and I could book my November excursion.

Not to address anyone in particular, but is it possible that the problem is in your computer? I have had no problems with HALs website whatsoever....

Yes, I need a new computer. I know that.

What does not make sense to me is why the links to areas on their web site work when I receive them. But, to get to these areas from the Home Page is impossible to do.

Yes, I need a new computer. I know that.

What does not make sense to me is why the links to areas on their web site work when I receive them. But, to get to these areas from the Home Page is impossible to do.

Try clearing your cookies. Your computer may be remembering old URLs.

Not to address anyone in particular, but is it possible that the problem is in your computer? I have had no problems with HALs website whatsoever....

I don't think it's a matter of computers. There are issues and they can affect a "pocket of users" to quote the IT person from Oceania. Their site had problems and I posted as I could not book anything. He posted immediately and asked me to email him and told me that it had affected a "pocket of users". Two weeks later I was able to do stuff again on the site.

I suspect HAL may be having somewhat of the same issue.

The other day I was trying to purchase beverages on a PC and the HAL site said it was less than three days until I would cruise - actually it was 27! Switched to an iPad and had no trouble.

Dan

I think that 3 day thing was actually a bug. It was accompanied by missing bookings and missing Mariner history.

The HAL website is pretty poor. We are taking our first cruise on the Eurodam in December. We've cruised with Princess, Royal, and NCL and while their websites all have glitches at least they are functional. The HAL site is impossible to use on a tablet. It needs a serious redesign.

After several weeks with no problems, the HAL web site once more will not allow me to book an excursion online.

Their site has its ups and downs. Does anyone know how to look at their air/hotel suggestions and prices? One use to be able to. Also, I read that one can now order a case of water. I couldn't find this on their site. Is it listed?

HAL has absolutely the worst web site of all. They have to be losing business because it's so bad. I don't bother with it any more. I just call my PCC with any questions.

I know of several people who had intended to sail on HAL, but booked elsewhere because of the bad website.

I use Chrome and have had no problems at all. I was previously using Explorer as my search engine and had nothing but problems. My computer smart son told me to start using Chrome - he said that Explorer has been having issues with viruses, etc.

Chrome has been great - but that is just my opinion.

Okie1946

I use Chrome and have had no problems at all. I was previously using Explorer as my search engine and had nothing but problems. My computer smart son told me to start using Chrome - he said that Explorer has been having issues with viruses, etc.

Chrome has been great - but that is just my opinion.

Okie1946

This is the second time I've heard this.. I'm having problems with IE doing some other things.. I have Windows 7 & it wants me to auto-upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm resisting it only because of the time it will take to learn a new system..:eek:

Their site has its ups and downs. Does anyone know how to look at their air/hotel suggestions and prices? One use to be able to. Also, I read that one can now order a case of water. I couldn't find this on their site. Is it listed?

There are others that know a LOT more than I on here but.....I booked our flights through HAL and quickly learned that you can't bring the options up in the website. You have to call customer service and they will go over all available options with you. Hole this helps:)

The HAL website is pretty poor. We are taking our first cruise on the Eurodam in December. We've cruised with Princess, Royal, and NCL and while their websites all have glitches at least they are functional. The HAL site is impossible to use on a tablet. It needs a serious redesign.

I have done almost all research, bookings, etc on my IPad with no problems (fingers crossed it stays that way)

This is the second time I've heard this.. I'm having problems with IE doing some other things.. I have Windows 7 & it wants me to auto-upgrade to Windows 10, but I'm resisting it only because of the time it will take to learn a new system..:eek:

Betty Windows 10 is much improved over Windows 8 and even has the start button back like your Windows 7. I don't think you will have any major issues with it :) It took time to upgrade but honestly other than choosing a couple of things and putting them on my desktop, I saw no issues whatsoever :)

My GG changed my browser (Internet Explorer) to Chrome, mainly because many sites I was accessing had become soooo slow. It's made a huge difference and the speed is now "as new".

Like you, I've resisted updating to Windows 10, but know I must do it soon.

I know of several people who had intended to sail on HAL, but booked elsewhere because of the bad website.

I'm almost at that point!

Was trying to book our first HAL cruise online for the past 3 days.

It lets me get up selecting the cabin size and diner times, then will not advance to enter the Guest Info. Just......nothing!

As much as I want to book this cruise, it does put the thought into my head that "if this was something really important.....how would they respond"???

Will try one more time tomorrow after work!

Then I'll either call them or book my other choice.

Fingers crossed!

It lets me get up selecting the cabin size and diner times, then will not advance to enter the Guest Info. Just......nothing!

As much as I want to book this cruise, it does put the thought into my head that "if this was something really important.....how would they respond"???

Fingers crossed!

Good luck!:D

Fingers crossed!

I am having the exact same issue. Tried for 3 days as well. Tried on iPad and chrome-no luck. I did book my other choice, but will try HAL again tomorrow and call as well.