How do I get to the airport if the excursion is cancelled?

kasil

RCCL offers an excursion at the end of the cruise. It leaves from Port Canaveral, stops for an airboat ride and ends at the Orlando airport. I've found one favorable review and one mention that the excursion was cancelled due to lack of interest. If it gets cancelled, what should I have planned as my "plan B"? There will be four adults, 4 carryons and 2 or 3 large suitcases that will need transportation. Thanks for the suggestions.

RCCL offers an excursion at the end of the cruise. It leaves from Port Canaveral, stops for an airboat ride and ends at the Orlando airport. I've found one favorable review and one mention that the excursion was cancelled due to lack of interest. If it gets cancelled, what should I have planned as my "plan B"? There will be four adults, 4 carryons and 2 or 3 large suitcases that will need transportation. Thanks for the suggestions.

Two taxis or one van...:D

You can get cruise line transfers for $37.50 per person. You can also engage one of the private shuttle services, such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx, Cortrans, or Executive VIP Transportation. We just used Cortrans earlier today and found the service excellent, for $20 per person. Very comfortable van.

Good question! At one point I had Royal cancel about 30% of the excursions I had booked with them so I understand your concern. That said, I've never had a post cruise excursion canceled. Leaving out of Port Canaveral this would definitely be a concern. If they didn't cancel it till you were on board, they should allow you to switch to another excursion, or let you get into their transfers, but that would probably leave you with a lot of time to kill. FWIW, being a child of the space race, I did enjoy the Cape Canaveral Excursion.

You can get cruise line transfers for $37.50 per person. You can also engage one of the private shuttle services, such as Cocoa Beach Shuttle, Travelynx, Cortrans, or Executive VIP Transportation. We just used Cortrans earlier today and found the service excellent, for $20 per person. Very comfortable van.

We like and use Cortrans as well. Can't beat the price and service. We are using them next week for our cruise.

Why don't you ask RCCI what happens? They also offer transfers to the airport. (You should see the lines of buses dropping off and picking folks up at the airport.) They won't cancel the transfers so probably the worse that could happen is they will put you on one of their transfers. You'll just get to the airport earlier than you would like.

BTW, we had a late flight out of Houston following a Princess cruise. Did the Houston bus tour and transfer. It was a great way to kill a few hours. Then our flight was cancelled and we spent the night in Houston.

This doesn't answer your question, but I wanted to let you know we did that excursion last November and loved it!

I'd rather not wait for a bus to fill up just to get to the airport if I can aviod that. OUr flights are after 2:00 and I don't want to sit at the airport if I can help it. Are any of the alternative shuttles available "on call"? Can I call them from the port and have them pick us up without a prior reservation?

Are any of the alternative shuttles available "on call"? Can I call them from the port and have them pick us up without a prior reservation?

Lots of info about this over on the Florida board.

You definitely do not want a taxi, it would be cost prohibitive, especially since you are not in a hurry.

There are indeed several shuttle companies that people recommend

We had our air boat excursion canceled on the Enchantment last year. They left a note in the room. There were three options offered - book and pay the difference for the Kennedy Space center excursion, stop by guest services an book an airport transfer, or do nothing which had the money I paid refunded to my onboard account. We did nothing and I rented a car for the day and did an air boat ride (reserved same day)

Edited by vavasmom

I'd rather not wait for a bus to fill up just to get to the airport if I can aviod that. OUr flights are after 2:00 and I don't want to sit at the airport if I can help it. Are any of the alternative shuttles available "on call"? Can I call them from the port and have them pick us up without a prior reservation?

They won't wait until disembarkation time to cancel the excursion. You will get some time to figure out what you want to do.

There are shuttles that just "cruise" the pier, looking for passengers.

But yes, you can call from the ship when she first docks.

You should get a free signal then.

Bob mentioned Cortrans. I have used them and like them.

http://www.cortransbus.com

:what: You were in town, I so would have taken you to the airport this morning if I had known

Edited by John&LaLa

:what: You were in town, I so would have taken you to the airport this morning if I had known

Dang, that would have been fun. We had 4 hours to kill at the airport.

Edited by clarea

Seriously, email me the next time you need a ride. Love to help you out.

How was Enchantment? That's my next cruise.

Excellent cruise. Crew/service was outstanding. Alan in the CL is exceptional. Only complaint was my usual one - stateroom was too warm and even though they sent maintenance, it didn't make it cooler. I still suspect it's a corporate policy.

We did this excursion. It takes you on an airboat ride on the St John's river if it's the same one. We thoroughly enjoyed it and my grandsons said it was the best part of the whole vacation - we saw LOTS of alligators :eek: which they loved. After the airboat ride you get time to shop and eat a snack at their very rustic café, then a ride to the airport. It was a great way to fill a few hours.:)