Anyone else frustrated with the RCI website?

I am finding it much more frustrating to book a cruise since the website was updated several months ago. Every time I have to un-click a box to get to the cruise we want the whole page reloads. Takes much longer that the old site where I could check what I wanted and it would show me the cruises available. Any body else having this experience or am I doing something wrong?

Sometimes I just scroll to the top and click "exit and return to home page" to start another search, seems to be much quicker that way. Then again, we never use the site to book, we always call after researching the site.

Sometimes I just scroll to the top and click "exit and return to home page" to start another search, seems to be much quicker that way. Then again, we never use the site to book, we always call after researching the site.

When browsing, I use this method too. It's a little more difficult than the old site, but I've gotten used to it.

Same here. Agree that the website can be very frustrating.

It is annoying. Each item requested has to load. Don't know how much

more difficult it would be to program the website to be able to enter

all items at once and have the results returned without the constant loading.

When I booked Allure for 12 a couple of years back, it was so much easier to navigate the RCCL website. I had no issues reserving shows, meals, excursions, etc.

This time, it has been a nightmare. I will get everything ready to check out and it will say, "payment failed" on free shows. The site is often 'on vacation'.

Calling the help line does not help. The 4 people I have spoken to seem clueless, and certainly were not able to help.

We went to the travel agent and had her try to book for us. RCCL dropped her call twice and then told her to go to the website to book. She said the new system has been a nightmare for travel agents as well.

I don't know what their problem is, but if it becomes frustrating enough, we'll go back to Disney or try Holland American.

I thought the RCCL website was bad a few months ago before they came out with the new design. This new website is down right user hostile. Most of the time when you put in search parameters off the main page they don't even carry over to the results page.

I get the idea that they don't even want you to be able to book on-line. They make it so frustrating and time consuming that you call and book by telephone with RCCL or you take a vacation or personal day to sit and pull your hair out at the root,

I'm trying to log in to the My Cruises section and keep getting this weird notice about Microsoft Security and Stage 2 servers. I don't like putting log-in information into something when I don't know what it is.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be about?

I'm trying to log in to the My Cruises section and keep getting this weird notice about Microsoft Security and Stage 2 servers. I don't like putting log-in information into something when I don't know what it is.

Does anyone have any idea what this might be about?

Having same problem now.

I have been researching and booking cruises and shore excursions for years and agree. They have now made the website - user hostile. grrrr.... I usually research cruises for friends to see if they want to join us and what their price will be. Very frustrating.

I am getting used to it but it is NOT user friendly. I thought upgrades were to help the consumer spend their money not frustrate them so they don't want to spend their money. I wish there was an easier way to look at the packages and shore excursions also. Frustrated is all. :) I keep telling myself, it will all work out.:eek::confused::mad:

Problem might not be with the RCCL website, and might be with your browser or computer.

Make sure to always clear cookies and your cache. Also, make sure to reboot the computer every couple days. if you don't things will bog down and bog down fast, including the browser on content-dependent sites. Also, if your computer is running something prior to Windows 7, its time to upgrade.

I work in website development in another field (not cruise lines, not at all related to anything cruise line-ish). Most of the real problems we see, and most of the issues we hear with users having issues, is that they are using an old, out of date computer whose software and hardware are no longer compatible with the current industry standards.

I'd agree, the site has been out to lunch a good bit of the day. Prices were halved on a cruise I was checking for all of 3 or 4 minutes, refreshed the page, back up to the price I was expecting. Their CTO/CIO whatever needs to be canned if he can't get this straightened out. Their website has been horrid since the changes and it wasn't great before the changes. Don't know where their priorities are but, you would think they would be on the website... :cool: