Bridge Tour

Going on the Freedom would like to tour the bridge.Is this free just for D+ and P or are their any suites that are invited?Really dont want to pay $300 for an all access tour for my wife and I.Thanks

Suite guests (GS and better) can be invited too, depending on ship policy. Speak to the Concierge about the tour.

I have always thought the $150pp was a bit steep to tour behind the scenes! I would like to do it but not for $300!

It is real steep, and from what I've heard it spends time in lots of areas that you may or may not care about. I for instance have no interest in seeing the kitchen. Shorter less expensive tours that target specific interests might be nice.

Yeah, I really don't understand why that tour is so expensive. Reading the description of it and some of the reviews, it surely doesn't seem worth it to me. I guess the price is so inflated just to keep "everyone" from wanting to do it.

That price is real steep. I wouldn't pay that. Luckily a few years back on Royal can't remember which ship, my husband won @ Bingo. The prize was $500 and a tour of the bridge. He had to split the $500 with another player because they both called Bingo the same time. $250 was still great and the tour of the bridge was fun for all of us. Our son enjoyed it.

I have always thought the $150pp was a bit steep to tour behind the scenes! I would like to do it but not for $300!

I'm going to agree and disagre :D (indicative of some personality disorder?) $300 real US$ I tend to agree. On my first Allure cruise I had $500 OBC and we are not big spenders. I might have considered it then if I knew about it. The full tour on that class of ship looks amazing. My wife likes to spend all sea days at the pool all day long. I'm trying to talk her into staying by the pool and letting me go and cutting the cost in half ;)

Going on the Freedom would like to tour the bridge.Is this free just for D+ and P or are their any suites that are invited?Really dont want to pay $300 for an all access tour for my wife and I.Thanks

Has the price gone up that much ?Was only $150.00 when I did it on Allure.What you see is a lot of areas most people would never see I really enjoyed it but $300.00 is a bit much.:eek:

we had to sk, we did not get invited. asked the Concierge the first night. got the tour the last sea day.

it was not nearly as comprehensive as the BTS tour.. was up there maybe 30 minutes. took longer waiting for Security to show up to frisk us and lead us into the Crew areas.

Has the price gone up that much ?Was only $150.00 when I did it on Allure.What you see is a lot of areas most people would never see I really enjoyed it but $300.00 is a bit much.:eek:

I think they were referring to the cost of 2 people.

Thats for my wife and I.Sorry if you misunderstood me

we had to sk, we did not get invited. asked the Concierge the first night. got the tour the last sea day.

it was not nearly as comprehensive as the BTS tour.. was up there maybe 30 minutes. took longer waiting for Security to show up to frisk us and lead us into the Crew areas.

The bridge is all im really interested in 30 mins if fine i just want to see all the gadgets and the view.

Yeah, I really don't understand why that tour is so expensive. Reading the description of it and some of the reviews, it surely doesn't seem worth it to me. I guess the price is so inflated just to keep "everyone" from wanting to do it.

The price would not be worth it to me, but I've read a number of posts from folks that have taken the tour who have said it was worth it to them. The tour goes for 3 hours and visits many more areas than just the bridge. It also visits more areas than the suite guests usually get to see on their "free" tours.

Suite guests (GS and better) can be invited too, depending on ship policy. Speak to the Concierge about the tour.

Yes. We got an invite from the concierge on Jewel. It was very cool and interesting to see but definitely not worth $300.

A tour of the galley is also offered.

Edited by ksadonnab

Yes. We got an invite from the concierge on Jewel. It was very cool and interesting to see but definitely not worth $300.

Just to clarify in case someone missed it, the All-Access tour is $150 per person. The $300 figure was mentioned in a previous post because two people would have been taking the tour.

Edited by clarea

I'm going to agree and disagre :D (indicative of some personality disorder?) $300 real US$ I tend to agree. On my first Allure cruise I had $500 OBC and we are not big spenders. I might have considered it then if I knew about it. The full tour on that class of ship looks amazing. My wife likes to spend all sea days at the pool all day long. I'm trying to talk her into staying by the pool and letting me go and cutting the cost in half ;)

That's what I did. Wife had no interest at looking at the laundry room on vacation...lol.

It's expensive, but so are the drinks! On the other hand, the tour is more than just looking. It's a constant question and answer session. It makes you appreciate the sheer size of the operations. One person, said they had no interest in the kitchen but wanted to see the bridge? The bridge is this huge room, with a chair in the middle, and a joystick to play with. Honestly, it was a great place to ask questions, but a ship going in a straight line, on a sunny day with the auto pilot engaged is pretty boring. However, the kitchen, and sheer size of the operation is amazing. Plus you do get a free "drink" in the employee bar, and a free gift at the end.

The price would not be worth it to me, but I've read a number of posts from folks that have taken the tour who have said it was worth it to them. The tour goes for 3 hours and visits many more areas than just the bridge. It also visits more areas than the suite guests usually get to see on their "free" tours.

My husband and I did the All Access Tour last year on Freedom. It was a pretty comprehensive tour. Pricey, but something we've always wanted to do. We met on deck 10 at around 10am. At that time they passed around a MDR lunch menu and took our orders. Our first stop was the bridge, and we moved down from there. About halfway through the tour we all had lunch together in the dining room. We had two security officers with us throughout the tour. The tour concluded in the Champagne Bar with a glass of bubbly and a tote bag with some other RC swag.

Closed toe shoes and long pants are required.

I was very lucky, as I went on bridges when such was free, both on old ships and newer ships. No need to pay for what I have already seen, and that includes other behind the scenes stuff.

Actually, ship bridges are almost boring. Ever been in the cockpit of a Boeing 747 at 37,000' over the Atlantic while she does mach .85 speed, and having ice cream with the captain? That blows away any bridge tour! Sadly those days are over.:(

I would LOVE to do the all access tour. Unfortunately, I can only imagine there is no way its all accessible. Id even consider paying full price just to see the galley and the bridge. I will never be in a suite and I will never be D+ or Pinnacle so I guess my chances of seeing these two areas are slim to none. :(

On Legend the bridge tour conflicted with galley tour. I guess we're back in 1955. :what:

While on Navigator in 2006, I was talking with Captain Bang's wife and expressed an interest in the bridge operation since we had lived year round on our boat between Michigan and Florida. The next day I received a call from the captain inviting me to come down to meet him for a tour. They spent a good hour with me and I must admit it was impressive. I've heard that others wishing a tour have just left a note with the concierge and received an invitation, just depends on the captain, I guess.

Edited by Mideb

Closed toe shoes and long pants are required.
Thank you VERY MUCH for this information. You helped me to make an instant decision about whether or not I would shell out $300 for my daughter and me to take this tour. There's no way I am taking up the space in my luggage for a bulky pair of closed toe shoes. I did it on my first Oasis cruise in order to do the zip line, but not again. I am a year-round Birkenstock sandal wearer - (with 2 or 3 pair of socks in the winter, and men's old-fashioned rubbers over them in snow.) I own only one pair of athletic shoes to use at the gym. At men's size 10, they take up a lot of space in my one carry-on bag.