Select dining. How do I make reservations online?

bobnjeff

Ok I have select dining. How do you make reservations online? I am booked through an agent. Do they have to do it or can I do it. Want to dine every night at 7 pm. I do not see where on Celebrity's site to make reservations. Can someone please help. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ok I have select dining. How do you make reservations online? I am booked through an agent. Do they have to do it or can I do it. Want to dine every night at 7 pm. I do not see where on Celebrity's site to make reservations. Can someone please help. Thanks

You can do this easily by logging into Celebrity.com (create an account if you do not have one already using X's booking number).

There you will be able to see how to make reservations for dining, tours, and other packages.

bon voyage

You can reserve a time, but not a particular table, for Select dining. I've done it at least 10 times. Go to your reservation, then to dining, then booking. It will ask you number of people, then it will list your options. It lists all the specialty resteraunts, then Select Dining. Here you pick the time. I thinks it's in 15 minute increments. If you want the same time every night, go to book entire dining.

Not sure what you are encountering. We made a reservation for the first night of our next cruise. I have never been able to do more than 1 night at a time for Select so I generally do the first 2 night and then, based on our plans do a few days at a time with the hostess.

Specialty dining yes but select no

Sorry you were not able to do so, I was for our upcoming cruise in Feb 2016.

Please remember it is done in the 'Cruise Planner' section.

Edited by Bo1953

I can't do it on my reservation either...select dining is not listed...

Does it say Select dining on your reservation? We are doing a B2B and the second cruise we have traditional dining. I checked that one and Select dining doesn't show up on that one.

Log into 'My Celebrity' and view your cruise. (register and add your reservation if you have not done so). Then click on 'cruise planner' then on ' dining and beverage' and you should see a list of the speciality restaurants appear and amongst them celebrity select dining will be there. You click on that and select each night and the time. You have to add one night at a time to your basket, select your time, checkout then go back and do the next night.

5402908b36074c9e502717b6102e9a2c.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I have made Select Dining reservations once. Made them for every night the same time. It was not easy to find where to make the reservations. When I tried to do it for another cruise I had no luck. I email my TA and she did it all for me. Linking other cabins of friends so we had our table of 6.

Not sure if this is the case for advanced booking but on my Millennium cruise earlier this month, they would not allow onboard reservations beyond the following day. For example on Saturday morning I could only book for Saturday and Sunday nights. On Sunday night I could only book for Monday night. They also didn't take reservations for dining between 6:45 and 8:15pm.

We wound up eating at 8:15 or 8:30 every night (with reservations) after trying to get in at 7:30 one night and having to wait with our pager until 8:15. We might as well have done late seating and saved the frustration.

Thanks for posting. I was able to go ahead and make a couple of Select Dining reservations for our Nov. cruise. One thing I did notice, was that I had to "complete" each order before making the next reservation. Otherwise, Modify kept popping up and would change the first res. to the next one instead of adding the next one.

I booked our 7.00/7.15 slots for our recent Eclipse cruise about 3 weeks before hand. There was discussion at the time on C.C that it is difficult to do until the cruise documents have been released.

We wanted 7.00, sometimes it wasn't available, but we still showed up at 7.00 and were shown to the same table every night except the first, when we were shown to a table of 8.

I think we were put with the same waiter, when they realised I had to pre- order, as I am Lactose Intolerant.

I booked our 7.00/7.15 slots for our recent Eclipse cruise about 3 weeks before hand. There was discussion at the time on C.C that it is difficult to do until the cruise documents have been released.

We wanted 7.00, sometimes it wasn't available, but we still showed up at 7.00 and were shown to the same table every night except the first, when we were shown to a table of 8.

I think we were put with the same waiter, when they realised I had to pre- order, as I am Lactose Intolerant.

It does seem that they try to keep you in the same area with the same waiter each time if they can. Worked great in July as we had a superb waiter that got to know what we liked. Same with the wine waitress who would just bring me my wine without asking.

One more question about Select reservations.

I am interested in reserving at least some of the nights on our upcoming TA cruise. I noticed that the site asked for only one name & res number for alcove dining for four. Can someone explain the alcove to me?

As always, Thanks.

Stan

One more question about Select reservations.

I am interested in reserving at least some of the nights on our upcoming TA cruise. I noticed that the site asked for only one name & res number for alcove dining for four. Can someone explain the alcove to me?

As always, Thanks.

Stan

Dont think thats anything to do with Delect dining. The alcoves are on the lawn area on some S class ships.

After trying for months to do our select dining times...I was able to do it last night....select dining finally showed up as an option on our manage our reservation...dining...we put in reservations for all our nights that we wanted to...will make the others onboard...thanks!

After trying for months to do our select dining times...I was able to do it last night....select dining finally showed up as an option on our manage our reservation...dining...we put in reservations for all our nights that we wanted to...will make the others onboard...thanks!

How long before you sail?

Just interested, as discussions here indicate it can't be done until the Cruise Documents are issued.

Edited by upwarduk

I made select dining reservations yesterday for my Christmas cruise. I have not made final payment. Not exactly sure how mnay days prior to the cruise you can make reservations but it appears that they can be made before final payment.

Did mine 2 weeks ago for our May 16 cruise.