Aft or midship

epal

Have suffered from seasickness I wonder why would Princess put the Grand Suit at the aft of the ship , or am I mistaken in believing that mid ship feels less movement, I am interested and eager to here from people's experiences. Thank for your help

Grand Suites on ships such as Caribbean Princess are probably located aft since a wake view is highly prized by most cruisers. Yes, there will be more movement compared to a lower deck midship location. Although we've never sailed in a directly aft facing cabin, we tend to enjoy the motion nonetheless.

We have stayed in an aft facing suite on P&O Azura( which is the same layout as Princess ships )and we did feel a lot of movement when sea wasnt particularly rough.I suffer a little from sea sickness but husband doesnt.I too find it strange that the most expensive cabins are in this position.Many cruiselines have their best suites in the same position. The view however is great.

We have stayed in low deck mid-ship cabins and felt very little movement and we usually choose this area if possible.

Midship is best if you suffer from seasickness.

Absolutely. However, as mentioned above the view from aft is fantastic and the other view from forward when coming into port is really great as well. We will be in an aft cabin this November and will enjoy this very much - but neither of us is bothered with the motion and actually like the rocking motion during the night.

While not the largest suites, many Princess ships do have a selection of full suites mid ship. A few ships also have some Window suites on Deck 6 slightly forward of mid ship. The Grand Princess has the largest suites on deck 14 forward.

There is more privacy in the aft area of the ship. Not as many cabins, or people walking around in the hallways. I would think that this would be part of the appeal for the most expensive suites. The balconies are more private as well, considering that there are usually only 4 - 6 cabins at the aft.

We were in the Owners Suite on the Crown last year and did not notice a lot of vibration or extra movement. I think that this depends more on the itinerary and sea conditions. I suffer from seasickness also and used to travel wearing the patch. Now I rely on a daily bonine..really works.

There is nothing like an aft view IMO!

Good luck

We've been midship and aft, and there is definitely less movement midship. A lot depends on the seas though, if the seas are a bit rough that day (you can usually see it on the tvs around the ship), then you'll feel some movement all over the ship. In general, most ships are pretty stable and we can't really say that we felt any great movement (we sailed early May and mid November if that helps you) at all - and consequently now LOVE CRUISING!

I became seasick on our very first cruise. The conditions were stormy and the ship was rocking side to side rather than forward to aft. The trick is to keep your eyes on the horizon. Many years and several cruises later, we almost exclusively book aft cabins. It's never again been a problem for me. The Scopolamine patches work well, so you can try those, if you decide book the aft suite.

I suffer from extreme motion sickness. I get sick on winding roads if I'm not the driver. I just get the patch from my doctor before I sail and I don't care where I am on the ship or how rough the weather gets I do not get sick. :)

I've been way forward and high up during really rough weather and have also booked an aft facing cabin. It really doesn't matter as long as I have my patch.

I suffer from extreme motion sickness. I get sick on winding roads if I'm not the driver. I just get the patch from my doctor before I sail and I don't care where I am on the ship or how rough the weather gets I do not get sick. :)

I've been way forward and high up during really rough weather and have also booked an aft facing cabin. It really doesn't matter as long as I have my patch.

I have wondered, does the patch cause any drowsiness?

I have wondered, does the patch cause any drowsiness?

It does for my DW but only slightly, if at all, for me. We have been all the way forward, mid, and now only book aft, preferably the aft corner cabin, and I think it all depends on exactly how much "ocean motion" you encounter. I felt a lot more motion when we were forward than we do in the aft cabins but obviously less mid-ship. Aft cabins with the view of the wake are, indeed, coveted and amazing. We always take a few sea-sickness remedies but have not had to use any in years. Nice to "be prepared" just in case.

It seems to cause drowsiness for some and dry eyes or mouth for some. I have very little in the way of adverse effects. I once spent 4 hours on a fishing boat in heavy seas. For the full 4 hours I just hoped I would die rather than continue to be so horribly sick.

I LOVE my patch. [emoji7]

It seems to cause drowsiness for some and dry eyes or mouth for some. I have very little in the way of adverse effects. I once spent 4 hours on a fishing boat in heavy seas. For the full 4 hours I just hoped I would die rather than continue to be so horribly sick.

I LOVE my patch. [emoji7]

Ha! Been there done that.

Try eating Hardees Biscuits and sausage gravy first. ;)

Thanks for all your replies I have tried many different preps for seasickness and yes the side affects are almost as bad as the problem I still love cruising and have always gone midship , the bonnie prep is new and may try to percure it over the net as it is not available here in Oz thanks once again

Thanks for all your replies I have tried many different preps for seasickness and yes the side affects are almost as bad as the problem I still love cruising and have always gone midship , the bonnie prep is new and may try to percure it over the net as it is not available here in Oz thanks once again

I use bonine because the withdrawal effects from the scopolamine patches is worse than seasickness for me. I also take ginger gum with me, made by seaband. Even on the bonine sometimes an extremely rough sea will give me problems, but the ginger gum handles it pretty well.

We also try for a midship cabin. Suites may be very nice, but comfortable is important too. Best is midship on the lowest balcony deck available for us, but sometimes price puts us in a less preferable spot. We actually did a guarantee balcony on the world cruise because the difference between a guarantee and a specific BB was about $14 grand. Sooo that's a whole lot of excursions and sodas.