New on FOS -- Self Serve Beer on Tap (Stella)

jules815

I'm sure there will be some posted hours. The web site touts labor savings. I was going to say no need to tip, but the packages get charged tips up front.

Look, I just turned this into a tipping thread. :D

Not a tipping thread, but another way to eliminate a employee.

At least a VERY GOOD BEER but only 8 oz? not enough to wet the mouth on a warm day. I think I will go get one from my Refrigriator.

Not a tipping thread, but another way to eliminate a employee.

At least a VERY GOOD BEER but only 8 oz? not enough to wet the mouth on a warm day. I think I will go get one from my Refrigriator.

No real details on the pour yet. Julie was going to let us know more when she got back from the island

Nothing says classy service like a self serve beer dispenser.....

Really...is this a joke? You sure this wasnt on Carnival???

This is why we are looking at NCL and other lines to replace some cruises currently booked....

See ya!

Edited by briananddenise

Nothing says classy service like a self serve beer dispenser.....

Really...is this a joke? You sure this wasnt on Carnival???

This is why we are looking at NCL and other lines to replace some cruises currently booked....

Well, NCL has self serve wine dispensers...

How do they charge for it

Haven't used them yet. We've been there twice. I felt guilty sitting in the booth with only two of us and the second time we couldn't get near them. It's a great bar especially for beer snobs even if you can't self serve. :D

Okay, went out this morning to do some research on those tappers. Here are some pictures...In order to use the machine, you must go to a bar, show them you have a drink package, and they issue you a separate Stella card. The cards were in a manilla envelope and they manually took down our info from our sea pass manually onto a sheet of paper. Nothing high tech about that....

1442070609937.jpg.ff7149a662401e56ccfe00a71f3edf9b.jpg

The cards weren't available in the pub out on the Promenade. They sent us up to the Pool Bar and we were able to get the cards there. The cards come pre-punched with a hole for a lanyard. You don't swipe the card, they have an RFID chip, so you tap the front of the machine, above the sign telling you where to get the cards.

1442071034913.jpg.9f6c84fd7920d7c5d8ab47117617e947.jpg

1442071080860.jpg.0398631f9edeace57fbe732c52f9c842.jpg

Edited by jules815

The entire week, I believe I've only seen one person use the machine out on the Promenade. I don't know if they haven't been working, or there isn't much interest this week.

Thanks Julie. Does it say anywhere how many ounces are dispensed?

After tapping the card, we received a message on screen that "the machine is currently off line" Ran up to the Pool Bar to test it there, and all 3 machines are all currently offline.

Could be growing pains. I'm sure it will get sorted out. Thanks again for the scoop