1 night hotel before Ruby Princess

iluvsunandsand

hi everyone,

i'm looking for 1 night hotel pre-cruise on the Ruby Princess leaving from the Port of LA(World CruisePort).

Can anyone recommend a safe place to stay(San Pedro or Long Beach) that is close to the port of LA, eateries and has a free breakfast offered? Also, if possible, free airport shuttle-we are arriving from Long Beach airport.

thanks for any info

hi everyone,

i'm looking for 1 night hotel pre-cruise on the Ruby Princess leaving from the Port of LA(World CruisePort).

Can anyone recommend a safe place to stay(San Pedro or Long Beach) that is close to the port of LA, eateries and has a free breakfast offered? Also, if possible, free airport shuttle-we are arriving from Long Beach airport.

thanks for any info

I prefer Long Beach. There are many choices there.

In San Pedro there are the Doubletree and the Crown Plaza.

Both a few blocks from the pier.

We stay at the Doubletree. Free parking for the length of the cruise. Shuttle to/from the port. There is a very nice restaurant on site. The breakfast isn't free, not sure how much it costs.

Room rates are in the less than $200, more than $150 range if you book early. More than $200, if you are closer to your sailing date.

We drive to San Pedro from Phoenix and stay in the Crowne Plaze, using their Park and Sail package. It includes free breakfast and shuttles to/from the ship among other amenities.

As you're flying the Park and Sail doesn't work for you they do have a Fly and Sail rate as well.

When we cruised out of San Pedro we stayed at Crowne Plaza. I went to Priceline and did NOT use their "regular" best price deal. I searched for 3 - 3.5 star hotels in San Pedro. If you use that criteria they will only list Doubletree (3 stars) and Crowne Plaza (3.5 stars) I stayed the day before and the day after my cruise. I got one for $88 and the other for $89. (Pretty sure those were the prices.) I also got to leave my car in their parking garage for a very reasonable price during the cruise.

When I checked Crowne Plaza on their own web site it was waaaaaaaaaaay more than I paid through Priceline. There was an onsite restaurant where we ate breakfast. We walked down to the San Pedro Brew Pub for dinner and had good food and good beer. I recommend their Imperial Stout. :)

We stay at the Doubletree. Free parking for the length of the cruise. Shuttle to/from the port. There is a very nice restaurant on site. The breakfast isn't free, not sure how much it costs.

Room rates are in the less than $200, more than $150 range if you book early. More than $200, if you are closer to your sailing date.

I wanted to know how much the breakfast costs, since we are staying there soon.

The "full" buffet is $16pp. Or you can order off the menu and pay à la carte. There were lots of choices of the buffet, but it is kind of pricey.

Hi,

As a big ocean liner/cruise ship fan, I have enjoyed staying on the Queen Mary in Long Beach prior to Princess cruises. I stayed on the Queen Mary for one night prior to a cruise on the Golden Princess in September 2013 and have reservations for the Queen Mary prior to a Ruby Princess cruise this November.

Chuck

I wanted to know how much the breakfast costs, since we are staying there soon.

The "full" buffet is $16pp. Or you can order off the menu and pay à la carte. There were lots of choices of the buffet, but it is kind of pricey.

Did you book their Breakfast, Park, and Cruise package? If you did, a breakfact of some kind is included.

hi everyone,

thanks for any info

For just one night, I would stay in San Pedro...Crowne Plaza or the Doubletree.

The Long Beach Airport is not really close to either San Pedro or the prime hotel area of Long Beach--it's going to be a cab ride either way (None of the hotels really offers a FREE shuttle--some might offer a package with airport transportation, but they are blending it into the price). Staying in Long Beach just costs you an extra taxi ride in the morning.

For one night only, you are probably just looking for a nice hotel for the night, a good restaurant nearby for dinner and convenience to the port. San Pedro gives you that.

I, too, recommend the San Pedro Brewing Company--only about a block from the Crowne Plaza...I like the Tri-Tip Sandwich. But there are also several other restaurant choices very nearby.

Good luck...