Carnival no longer serving Lobster on 5 day or shorter cruises!

CruizinMama1026

Wow I would rather have this menu instead of the lobster....;)

I think WAY too much is made of lobster night......

Yeah, the lobster isn't great and I'm not a big lobster fan anyway but that's not the point. The point is that they are cheapening the product so much that the cruise experience just won't be worth it pretty soon. I like the ribs more anyway on formal night but it's just symptomatic of the trend that they are getting rid of all the amenities that make cruising so great on the shorter sailings. How long do you think it will take for them to extend it to all sailings? And if you haven't noticed, I am pretty sure the wholesale price for back ribs and premium beef isn't low either. It's just the slippery slope that continues. Some will try to justify it but we all know what is happening. Like the great leader of Continental Airlines, Gordon Bethune said, you can make a pizza so cheap that nobody wants to eat it. Watch it Carnival, you're going down the same road of making it so cheap nobody will want anything to do with it.

I used to look forward to lobster night until I ate lobster in Maine! I don't think I'll ever eat an overcooked /defrosted ship lobster again!

With that said, I understand those folks who may miss it.

I suppose you guys will just have to start booking longer cruises. Just one more day(6 instead of 5) will get your lobster back.

I go to Maine every summer or early fall to visit my S & BIL. I'm leaving Monday 9/21 and looking forward to my lobster.

However, I still enjoy my 4 lobster tails (2 ea. on B2B) in January.

Seems like everytime I am set to cruise which is on September 28th a 5 day one more thing gets taken away.

Captain party no longer free.

Past guest party cause I need to be another level.

They changed how the system went from moving up.

No locks and bagels.

Really they keep taking away they will keep loosing loyal customers.

Even the last cruise I was on there was only one sail away party. So we are paying for ???

No lox and bagels??????? Is this true? I have not read that anywhere.

Very well put.

I also love lobster but won't miss it. Being from Maine we enjoy lobster during the summer...almost every week-end. It is at $5.99 a pound...can't get a good steak at that price. Cruise lobster is just not good to me. DH likes it though and will miss it.

That's what I'm looking forward to having next week when I visit my S & BIL in Maine. Also looking forward to getting together next week with you while in Maine.

Even though I have whole lobsters when I visit, I still enjoy the lobster tails to tide me over till the next summer.

Another cutback....... I don't care for lobster but hate it for those that do. To me, if CCL would play on level field it wouldn't be so bad. Being that the cost of fuel has dropped so much, how many people noticed a reduction in their rate? Mine went up twenty bucks. A small portion they are saving on fuel would pay for the lobster.

Uh oh..........

Yet another.............

[emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418]

CARNIVAL CUTBACK!!!!!

I think it's a great move. Cruise ship lobster is usually overcooked. I hope Carnival raised my divided by a penny per share with the savings.

Just feed me slop on a plate and cut my cruise fare, Carnival... enough with the pretense of the fancy menus.

Let the crying begin! [emoji79]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Edited by lido deck larry

It's death by 1000 paper cuts. Individually, each change is not that big of a deal. When combined, things start to add up pretty quickly. We are cruising NCL next year to see how green the grass is over there (kids sail free and free Ultimate Beverage program). I know that the industry is evolving and change is the only constant, but sneaky changes like this are very frustrating to deal with. Now, I am on vacation and I refuse to not have a good time, but Carnival is really sliding away from being the vacation value that it once was.

Also, I am a big guy and can eat, but 3 lobsters is my limit. I do eat the shrimp that comes with it, which is probably more filling than the lobster. I know that it is not the best quality, but it eats pretty good just the same.

I am going the other direction. I have previously only sailed on NCL, and am about to go on my first Carnival cruise (5 day) this Saturday......the day the change takes effect.

One of the reasons I was so excited to try this line is that they still had lobster night. NCL had done away with that a while ago. Oh well. I still fully intend to have a blast (3 more days!), and the new menu also sounds fantastic, so no complaints.

Uh oh..........

Yet another.............

[emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418] [emoji418]

CARNIVAL CUTBACK!!!!!

I think it's a great move. Cruise ship lobster is usually overcooked. I hope Carnival raised my divided by a penny per share with the savings.

Just feed me slop on a plate and cut my cruise fare, Carnival... enough with the pretense of the fancy menus.

Let the crying begin! [emoji79]

Sent from my SM-G386T using Tapatalk

Also agree great move. But as for crying on this thread, surprisingly it's been minimal. Looks like almost everyone is in favor of the no lobster for the new choices on the shorter cruises.

I'll believe this when I see proof that it's real. Scoured Johns blog, Google, and Carnivals website. No mention of it anywhere. Sounds like someone is trying get everyone's panties in a bunch. If you know it to be true then post the link. Gotta love CC rumors.

I only had the lobster once, not my thing.

My question is...will those new dishes be available on shorter cruises with the American Table menu? I'm wondering, because some of it sounds delicious and we are on the Inspiration in a couple weeks.

Only on sailings of 5 days or less regardless of the menu in use on any particular ship.

Well, we are fairly new to cruising, but in 10 days we are on our 4th in a year and a half, after our first cruise (5 day Paradise), we were hooked, and 3 will be on Carnival, ( lobster every time ). Norwegian sun on 1 cruise, had no lobster, but, alot of other choices..

After our first cruise, i talked in breakroom at work all about it, people didnt believe me when i said, if you want 2 or 3 lobsters, order em, we had 2 each time.. but, since our first cruise, i believe probably 10 or 15 different people in the car dealership i work are cruising now, and always talking about things -- such as lobster ...

How many of you out there when you first started cruising , first started on a short 5 day cruise .. taking perks from first timers, Carnival will start losing the " word of mouth" advertising. when we sailed Norwegian, we had a nice grilled lobster in Belize, was only 12.00 :)

As far as us, we will miss the lobster night .. we always schedule our steakhouse dinner a night after lobster night .. my 2 cents

I'll believe this when I see proof that it's real. Scoured Johns blog, Google, and Carnivals website. No mention of it anywhere. Sounds like someone is trying get everyone's panties in a bunch. If you know it to be true then post the link. Gotta love CC rumors.

It's all over the visitor posts on johns Facebook page. Is it true? Has been asked and answered by John at least a dozen times.

Really disappointing:

I have grown to really enjoy lobster night.

As per John Heald:

"Yes it is true but only on certain cruises. We've had to discontinue serving lobster on cruises of 5 days or less due to the significant increase in the cost of lobster. Discontinuing lobster on short cruises will allow us to continue offering our cruises at great value.

So, effective with sailings of 5 days or less departing 19th September 2015, we are adjusting our main dining room dinner menu that is offered on Elegant Night. We will be providing new cuisine options as follows:

Appetizer: Broiled Sea Scallops with Truffled Risotto and Citrus Gremolata appetizer

Entrees: Blue Crab Ravioli in a Light Lobster Cream with Vodka

Oven Baked Japanese Sea Bass with Nicoise Sauce and Aromatic Basmati Rice

Grilled Jumbo Shrimp with Special Marinara Sauce and Mustard Potatoes

Roasted Duck with Orange Glaze and Au Gratin Potatoes

Other guest favorites including Tender Roasted Prime Rib, Barbecued St. Louis Spare Ribs and Zucchini and Eggplant Parmigiana will continue to be offered as well.

This does not affect voyages of 6 days or longer, lobster will continue to be offered once each cruise on the Elegant Night menu.

Thanks and let me know if you have further questions

cheers"

I'm really disappointed. Lobster night is usually the only night I eat in the main dining room.

Wow! Problems of the first world variety

True that. LOL

Doesnt surprise me, Carnival and cutbacks go hand in hand for sure. One more way to increase the stock price for the next quarter. I wonder how long they can keep on cutting things out to increase profits/stock prices until there is nothing left to cutout?

Although you cant say they have not offered anything new - guys burgers and blue iguana for instance.

True that. LOL

Doesnt surprise me, Carnival and cutbacks go hand in hand for sure. One more way to increase the stock price for the next quarter. I wonder how long they can keep on cutting things out to increase profits/stock prices until there is nothing left .

Agreed but ALL cruise lines are in the cut back mode just as is airlines, hotels, etc.... But as long as they're doing it to keep prices down I'm all for it. Carnival is a proven successful business. They know what they can get away with and what they can't. There were quite a few people that said the room service change world be a very bad move last year but it hasn't been an issue at all. People said the no smoking on balconies would hurt them when in fact balcony bookings have been stronger than ever. This lobster change will not even register on the radar.